PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL announces the Seahawks lose a 5th round pick in 2017, a week of OTAs and fines for team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will the Cheathawks fans be calling into local radio stations and signing petitions for them to forfeit their Super Bowl, as they did when the ideal gas law decided to exist?

Cheaty McCheaters cheat cheaters cheat or something.

Seahawks now have an asterisk next to their 1-2 (lol) SB record.

Let's list the possible reasons:
  1. Seahawks went to the SB 2 years in a row and we need to create more parity in the league
  2. Pete Carroll was a former Patriot HC
  3. Jerry Jones wanted it this way
  4. Seahawks management didn't confess their sins and beg for forgiveness
  5. Goodell wasn't convinced of their innocence when he looked into their eyes
  6. Goodell was having his man period and was moody the day he doled out punishment?
(apologies for calling him a man)

Seacheatriots!

It's Cheattle Seahawks pronounced: chee-attle

I got an idea! How about we trade our Deflategate forfeited #1 and forfeited #4 draft picks for Seattle's Real Practicegate forfeited #5 draft pick and Russell Wilson? He'd be great against the Texans on Thursday night!

Way to harsh. Lost a week of OTAs and have that be the end of it. This is way over the top.

Yeah but Goodell is all about **** wagging. Can you imagine how Tagliabue would have handled the **** that has gone down in Goodell's tenure?

I never agree with draft picks being taken away as penalty, and never will. It's completely arbitrary and makes every ruling debatable. From a basic level, taking a 5th rounder is totally arbitrary as a penalty since we have no idea where they finish in the standings.

To spell that out more, let's say the extra week of training helped the team win an extra game in the standings. That means the penalty is actually worth less given where in the draft order the now fall to. So you are punishing a team with a loss of resources that their rule breaking made less significant. It doesn't make any sense having a resource taken away in advance when you have no idea how to measure that resources value.

Take away training time next year, fine them real dollars, but leave the draft picks alone. It would be smarter to limit their cap space then their picks, since at least we know the value of a dollar in a year. Even that would need to have much clearer guidelines than what currently exists.

Every time I hear about a ruling like this, I get furious at the league, and am siding with the teams almost every time. Good work Rog. You have now made teams that break rules empathetic and makes me question your judgement again.

the NFL* wants to clear the way for the LA shams to be the NFC west Champs sooner

Completely deserved if this is their 3rd offense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
Back