PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

New spikes for Ghost, what do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pats_AZ

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
The field at the Razor is a mess, looks like Ghost's plant foot was slipping all over the place against the Broncos. New shoes needed?

Jay

I heard his socks were too tight also. And that his jersey tag was itching him.

It's a blocked field goal! Great! That was two weeks ago.

Last edited:
Pats_AZ said:
The field at the Razor is a mess, looks like Ghost's plant foot was slipping all over the place against the Broncos. New shoes needed?

Jay

With as loose as the turf and dirt are, I'm not sure that bigger spikes would make a lick of difference, honestly.

I think it's just a new FIELD that's needed. Give us new grass, BB! Give us somewhere else for the Soccer joes to play, Kraft!

Can we just get a mechanical kicker with a spring loaded leg back there like on the old school electric football games?

pats1 said:

Actually, it wasn't a matter of tightness with his socks. He had put them on wrong so that the stitching didn't line up perfectly with the tips of his toes, leaving him with that annoying "there is something in my sock" feeling all game.

No wonder the kid was a mess. I couldn't have dealt with that either. Hopefully they can get this issue worked out because I think he has potential.

Oswlek said:
Actually, it wasn't a matter of tightness with his socks. He had put them on wrong so that the stitching didn't line up perfectly with the tips of his toes, leaving him with that annoying "there is something in my sock" feeling all game.

No wonder the kid was a mess. I couldn't have dealt with that either. Hopefully they can get this issue worked out because I think he has potential.

Hahaha YES, thank you, finally someone who feels my pain. What's also worse is when Ghost puts hisd socks on but then he realizes that the heel is strecthed out so it keeps bundeling up on the bottom of his foot leaving him with the as afore mentioned "there is something in my sock"

pats1 said:

Did you see the replay, his plant foot slid like 4 inches. that would make a huge difference on the trajectory of the kick. I'm not making any excuses for the guy but considering the field is a mess, I was wondering if longer spikes might help, that's all. Sheesh! :)

Jay

TeamPats said:
Hahaha YES, thank you, finally someone who feels my pain. What's also worse is when Ghost puts hisd socks on but then he realizes that the heel is strecthed out so it keeps bundeling up on the bottom of his foot leaving him with the as afore mentioned "there is something in my sock"

Gostkowski puts his socks on like everybody else - one at a time!

The only difference is when he does it, he makes Gold Records!

The real problem is that Gostkowski has a fever...

And the only prescription is...

More Cowbell!

TeamPats said:

LMAO!!! that's awesome! Now that i think about, that would annoy the crap outta me!!

jay

Everyone has the 'Friday Crazies' around this joint.

This guy can flat out kick.....I watched him all summer at practice and in games. I am here to tell you all that this guy will be a very successful kicker for our N. E. Patriots for about 15 years.....

Just call him Gosthowaboutski!!

fgssand said:
This guy can flat out kick.....I watched him all summer at practice and in games. I am here to tell you all that this guy will be a very successful kicker for our N. E. Patriots for about 15 years.....

Just call him Gosthowaboutski!!

Hey, I don't doubt you for a second....I really like this kid. I was just making a point about the field condition being very bad, and that the replays from the Broncos game showed him slipping on that blocked kick.

Jay

Brownfan80 said:
With as loose as the turf and dirt are, I'm not sure that bigger spikes would make a lick of difference, honestly.

I think it's just a new FIELD that's needed. Give us new grass, BB! Give us somewhere else for the Soccer joes to play, Kraft!
Why not new TURF? I hate turf, but Brady never loses on it.

Seeing as how the Red Sox are sinking perhaps Bob Kraft can offer the Fenway assistant groundskeeper more $$$ and get him for the Razor???

We are good at getting talent on the way up .... here he is Charles Brunetti:
1094592204_9101.gif

Led by assistant groundskeeper Charles Brunetti, the crew waters down the infield prior to the game. Most members of the crew do most jobs, but the infield watering is done only by head groundskeepers. "Too much water in one spot and we've got trouble," Brunetti says.
(Boston.com photo / David Ropeik)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case