PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NEW RULE is lame

Status
Not open for further replies.
C3cMMa9.gif

:bricks:

Unbelievable!!!! They pushed their own guy too :enranged:

so, your saying the patriots are better than any other team and should not get the 1st call of any penalty ?

No. I did say that the call cost them the game, which it did. If the rule was called properly, it's a bad rule that needs to be modified in some way, to allow for stunts and the like.

We think the Junior Galette mugging cost us a sack with 10 seconds and the game. So whats the difference ? none really. Bad calls bad days.

It's a huge difference, and you know it. You're just crying like a baby because your team lost that game. Hell, you're doing it even after you were shown multiple examples of Saints getting away with the same thing. You've made an embarassment of yourself over this, and done a disservice to your Saints fellow fans in the process.

The rule is fine.

Not as applied, it's not.

you lost the game when you went into overtime with the Jets, when Brady threw an interception. You lost the game way before the call.

That's just an amazingly stupid claim to make. The score was tied and the Patriots were going to get the ball back in the absence of the call. The game clearly was not lost prior to that call.

Remember theres no whinning ok or your just a sore loser hehe

I'm not whining, unlike what you were doing last week. I'm discussing the call calmly, and noting the issues with it because of this being the first time it's ever been called. There's a big difference.

Brady threw the INT to start the 3rd quarter when we were up 21-10.

I agree with you that we "lost" the game (or put ourselves in a situation where anything could happen, such as a weird call) throughout the second half though.
Yeah I dont like the call, but I can see where the ref saw that in a split second.
Your clearly better than this team, but as BB said it was a bad day on all sides of the ball. Leaving a team like the jet to get a win off a wierd call.
Sucks it was division, and you have to deal with the fans, but the Jets are going nowhere.

No. I did say that the call cost them the game, which it did. If the rule was called properly, it's a bad rule that needs to be modified in some way, to allow for stunts and the like.

It's a huge difference, and you know it. You're just crying like a baby because your team lost that game. Hell, you're doing it even after you were shown multiple examples of Saints getting away with the same thing. You've made an embarassment of yourself over this, and done a disservice to your Saints fellow fans in the process.

Not as applied, it's not.

That's just an amazingly stupid claim to make. The score was tied and the Patriots were going to get the ball back in the absence of the call. The game clearly was not lost prior to that call.

I'm not whining, unlike what you were doing last week. I'm discussing the call calmly, and noting the issues with it because of this being the first time it's ever been called. There's a big difference.

oh dont sell your self short your whinning. lol and a cry babe, there is not difference.

we got robbed.
The Patriots were pathetic on both sides of the ball for the preceding 40 minutes up until that point. Sure, the Patriots were on the end of a terrible decision but to say they were robbed is doing the Jets a disservice. They deserved to win that game more than the Patriots.

Like I said to you the other day--sometimes you get the call, sometimes you are on the other end, but in your case there are a ton of holding calls that don't get called. See my example of losing your shot at immortality in SB 42 on the infamous "helmet catch." Seriously, go look it up right now on youtube and tell me how you'd have felt.....

I hate the call from today myself, especially in that kind of situation. There's no place for a call like that at that point of the game....BUT, you can't make excuses, just like I said when Saints fans were complaining last week (especially on a basic holding call, jeeeez...)

Anyone can see that there were numerous issues that caused us to be put in that kind of situation to begin with, just the same as I felt that our defense did a really good job on Graham and Colston (and even Sproles to a lesser extent) last week; not to mention the ability to overcome so many challenges in regards to losing so many key players.

The Pats played tough last week and deserved to put themselves in a situation where they'd have a shot at the end, and the Jets did the same exact thing today. The best way to avoid bad calls like this is not to put yourself in that kind of situation, and going 1/12 on 3rd down is a prime example of that.

However, it's still a shame to see that become the first and only time in the history of the NFL that has ever been called--especially in OT of a closely fought divisional contest, but I don't think we should complain anymore either. It's time to move on and look ahead to the next 2 games and going into the bye with a 7-2 or 6-3 (at worst) record.

Yeah, i saw it. Its a very difficult call to swallow .. on your end… other end its completely valid.
Pats defense is really keeping them in alot of games. I think much like ours.
Its like training wheels every week. Oh its ok if you guys drop some passes, the defence has it,lol
And some of the passes by brady today where not usual.
Maybe the got ahead of themselves thinking they where complete and had it figured out beating us, not sure.
Its not a big deal though, Im sure BB will get it fixed. Your still pretty tough all around, but the Jets loss doesnt look good.

Well one difference is you would have been banned on saintreport by now for not believing the calls cost us the game….. but I have to say… hate the call… but really enjoying the irony of these excuses in threads today hehe :rolleyes:

I appreciate your dislike of the call, and maybe indeed the football gods enjoyed a touch of irony. But though there has been a number of boards (non-Patriots of course) indicating the lack of a holding call on that that final touchdown against the Saints, the one piece of data lacking from the posts of the outraged is the timing of the play. All eyes are pointed at the still shot of Solder's embrace, but no-one points out that the ball was snapped and out of TB's hand in less than 3 seconds. Rarely does a hold get called in such a fast play, let alone one in the final minutes.

I hope that play does not jaundice your further contributions to this board, as I have enjoyed your discourses in the past.

oh dont sell your self short your whinning. lol and a cry babe, there is not difference.

I'm not whining about the call. I'm not the one claiming conspiracy. I'm the one discussing the first application of a new rule.

Since you can't figure out the difference, you're not worth talking to, and I'd rather just put you on ignore than listen to you bleat about a freaking holding call for another week. Bye.

The Patriots were pathetic on both sides of the ball for the preceding 40 minutes up until that point. Sure, the Patriots were on the end of a terrible decision but to say they were robbed is doing the Jets a disservice. They deserved to win that game more than the Patriots.

I agree with you 100%, ausbacker.

As much as I dislike the Jets and their fans, let's try and man up and call it like it is. They did enough to put themselves in a decent position to win this game. You don't get a 40/20 TOP, go 1/12 on third down, give up 177 yds on the ground, and allow the opposition to convert their first 6 third down attempts and still win too many games.

I don't want to be lumped in with the whining crowd. The NYJ deserved to be in a pretty good place at the end of the game today, and let's not be the cry baby Pats fans that they love to talk about.

Don't get me wrong, I think the call was horrible--and the timing of it even worse. I hate to see idiotic stuff like that ruin a good game, no NFL fan does. I also don't want to add to the thoughts of "spoiled, entitled, Pats fans" either. The opposition played a very good game in many regards, and I'd rather earn the respect of both fanbases (on some level) by just manning up and saying as much.

We're still 5-2 and the NYJ face Cincy and NO in their next two games. Let them have the moment for crying out loud. Most of them are probably suicidal after all of these years. It isn't like game 7 makes or breaks a season.

EDIT: This doesn't mean that I'm not pissed, or that I don't understand where the fans are coming from who are still upset. I'm just choosing to try and move on myself, and give credit to another team who fought hard and played well enough to put themselves in a decent position to win.

I'm not whining about the call. I'm not the one claiming conspiracy. I'm the one discussing the first application of a new rule.

Since you can't figure out the difference, you're not worth talking to, and I'd rather just put you on ignore than listen to you bleat about a freaking holding call for another week. Bye.

right and the refs already decided that so quit the whinning. Games over dude. You dont want to start sounding like a saints fan , right ? :)

really Deus, your taking the PWay out.

Your still pretty tough all around, but the Jets loss doesnt look good.

Believe it or not, but the NYJ aren't quite the pushover that so many "experts" saw at the beginning of the year, especially with a better QB and defense.

I am not the least bit embarrassed to lose to a division rival...ever.

Actually at the beginning of every season I predict 4 losses. One on the road, one at home, one to a division rival, and one that is a "wtf" game. Sometimes these can mesh, obviously.

Sometimes you've just got to give the other team credit and admit that you played a poor(er) game than you should have. The bar is set pretty high around here, so not being able to convert 3rd downs and allowing too many rushing yds isn't going to go over too well.

The NYJ play the Bengals and Saints in the next 2 weeks, while we're still a game up in the division and have a pretty good shot at going into the bye 7-2 or 6-3 at worst.

I appreciate your dislike of the call, and maybe indeed the football gods enjoyed a touch of irony. But though there has been a number of boards (non-Patriots of course) indicating the lack of a holding call on that that final touchdown against the Saints, the one piece of data lacking from the posts of the outraged is the timing of the play. All eyes are pointed at the still shot of Solder's embrace, but no-one points out that the ball was snapped and out of TB's hand in less than 3 seconds. Rarely does a hold get called in such a fast play, let alone one in the final minutes.

I hope that play does not jaundice your further contributions to this board, as I have enjoyed your discourses in the past.

We just dont agree. The encroachment cost points and that was clearly a hold, and Galette even stated later Solder even held his pants, and you can see it on film. Beside that the arm around his neck is holding. Pretty much called, just not this time.

Im really not surprised fans are crazy here, but its going to pass. Tough loss to a lesser team, but happens. Patriots will be fine.

Believe it or not, but the NYJ aren't quite the pushover that so many "experts" saw at the beginning of the year, especially with a better QB and defense.

I am not the least bit embarrassed to lose to a division rival...ever.

Actually at the beginning of every season I predict 4 losses. One on the road, one at home, one to a division rival, and one that is a "wtf" game. Sometimes these can mesh, obviously.

Sometimes you've just got to give the other team credit and admit that you played a poor(er) game than you should have. The bar is set pretty high around here, so not being able to convert 3rd downs and allowing too many rushing yds isn't going to go over too well.

The NYJ play the Bengals and Saints in the next 2 weeks, while we're still a game up in the division and have a pretty good shot at going into the bye 7-2 or 6-3 at worst.

There DL is weird strong with Wilkerson. That dude is a freak. I feel you, but get so embarrassed when we lose to falcons.

This was a "wtf" game babe,lol
I totally agree, sometimes , even when your the best in the world some teams kick your but and theres noting you can do to stop it. Sorry about ivory , hes a good back.
You guys are looking so good from the problems you have. You have a good team. Truthfully I think this is your year, but dont quote me on that.

We went 1-12 on third down

We had a 21-10 lead and the ball after halftime

Sorry the rule sucks, and it was let's say, fortunate, for the Jets that it was called there and not on our FG attempt to tie where they clearly did the same thing and we could have had 1st down with 2 timeouts and 20 seconds left if they called it there but it's the Pats fault for putting themselves in the position for the call to change the game. We got smacked around for the entire second half and Brady/McDaniels called a terrible game, again.

What the heck... has nfl.com scrubbed this link too? No Patriots field goals at all in the video! This is really starting to smell funny.

I thought you were joking but apparently not. They got rid of the Gost field goal.

What the heck... has nfl.com scrubbed this link too? No Patriots field goals at all in the video! This is really starting to smell funny.

Wow... just, wow! It was there yesterday.

I understand the schadenfreude, as I would feel a bit of it as a Pats fan if some arcane obscure misexplained rule had benefited us in a Jets game ( or Broncos, Ravens et al), but there is a bigger issue here for all NFL fans.

How many rule changes like this did the NFL enact over the past, say, 10 years, and are now just sitting on quietly, waiting to unleash on some hapless team, costing them a playoff spot, home field, just a Sunday evening of misery?

We went 1-12 on third down

We had a 21-10 lead and the ball after halftime

Sorry the rule sucks, and it was let's say, fortunate, for the Jets that it was called there and not on our FG attempt to tie where they clearly did the same thing and we could have had 1st down with 2 timeouts and 20 seconds left if they called it there but it's the Pats fault for putting themselves in the position for the call to change the game. We got smacked around for the entire second half and Brady/McDaniels called a terrible game, again.

Whats your point? Only if we play well can we discuss what is a very interesting refereeing call?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST