PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

New Maroney Wallpaper... Tight!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dirtywater

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
:edit:

Forget it. Last time I ever post images here. Sorry for trying to make wallpapers for my fellow Pats fans.

Yikes.

Last edited:
Mods, please delete this thread. Thank You, and sorry for posting wallpaper here.

DW

spacecrime said:
This wallpaper is low defintion and all blurry. How do I get back my old one with Gillette, and Brady, Seymour, Wilfork, Watson and He-Whose-Name-Must-Not-Spoken wallpaper?
I enjoyed it just fine, you're all being WAY too harsh.

Wish I coulda seen it....

Last edited by a moderator:
drpatriot said:
I enjoyed it just fine, you're all being WAY too harsh.
????? Did you install this as your wallpaper? Or just look at the tiny picture that came up? The picture is okay when it is two inches by two inches. When you set it as your background and it fills a computer screen you can't tell if it is Laurence Maroney or Jim Plunkett.

Try this from the Globe. It has the resolution needed to be plastered on a computer screen at 1024x768:

http://cache.boston.com/images/sports/patriots/2006/maroney_1024768.jpg

You can see the wallpaper on Patriotsplanet.

The resolution and quality is just fine on my screen. DW doesn't do low-quality stuff.

Last edited:
Dirtywater always produces very, very tight stuff. I say this as a graphics professional that looks at his work with a critical eye. Having not seen the original post, I'll be guessing that he linked it to the thumbnail version instead of the full screen size or something minor like that, and when you folks set it as wallpaper, your PC was set to 'stretch' ... so it stretched a tiny thumbnail to full screen, which made it all blury.

That's my guess... DW cranks out high quality stuff. I hope he'll try posting it again.

Edit: reading Spacecrimes post again, I'll guess that there was a thumbnail posted, that was LINKED to the larger version... you needed to follow the link the full version before selecting "set as wallpaper".

OMG! LOL!
It actually has "Tight" right on it!
You guys kill me. Awesome.

T-ShirtDynasty said:
Dirtywater always produces very, very tight stuff. I say this as a graphics professional that looks at his work with a critical eye. Having not seen the original post, I'll be guessing that he linked it to the thumbnail version instead of the full screen size or something minor like that, and when you folks set it as wallpaper, your PC was set to 'stretch' ... so it stretched a tiny thumbnail to full screen, which made it all blury.
Whatever. I clicked on the link provided. It gave me a photo. I right clicked on the photo and set it to wall paper and freaked. Suddenly my formerly cool wallpaper was replaced with a giant big blur.

He could be the greatest professional in the world, but whatever he posted did not work. There could be a lot of reasons why he didn't get it right. All I know is that he said, click here, I did, and it was all blurry, and when I said it was blurry, he didn't check to see it if was, didn't fix it, just got pissy and said, "I'll never post here again."

Sorry, that's him. I'm not taking responsibility for that.

My reply was admittedly short. I was warning people NOT to use the wallpaper. If I offended him, that's up to him. You need a modicum of thick skin to post here, especially when what you post is screwed up. I've taken a lot of body blows here (not all of which were deserved, IMO, though most were, and I'm still whacking away at my keyboard. So can he, if he wants.)

Bottom line: I was highly annoyed that someone posted such a crappy picture and said to use it for wallpaper and I had to do a search to put my original back. And my post reflected that.

Like I said, Space, I was just guessing since I didn't get to see the original post. :)

spacecrime - if you don't like it, fine but please don't be a hater and ruin it for the rest of us who got it to work just fine and appreciate it

dirtywater - you da man; great stuff as always; don't let one or two fools deter you from your craft and posting here - I know we can always find you at PP but a vast majority of us appreciate it here as well

NEM said:
The word "tight" has no bearing in this thread, and it is being mis used and the definiton of the word does not fit inthis thread, at all.

Remove all references to :tight" Thank you.

And, a good book you wight want to check out is "The Idiot's Guide to Proper English." :D
I'm fully in favor of banning the word "tight" from this site unless it is being used in a proper way (for example, "my underwear is too tight!"). :D

Thanks NEMmy, I agree with you.

Argh.

First off, I don't post graphic stuff to be a damn Drama Queen. I do it to provide you all with some Pats stuff for fun, and it takes time and hard work to make this stuff.

All I ask is that if you don't like it, don't badmouth it. No need to "warn" anyone. I'm pretty sure we're all adults here. Part of the "blur" is also the effect. I'm not stupid, I realize not everyone will like all my work, nor do I want or expect them too.

Now, as to why it didn't work for you..... I left three versions here, all for different screen resolutions. What's yours? I put up a 1920x1200 (huge widescreen version), a 1024x768 (most computers today, standard 4:3) and a smaller 800x600. In addition, I said I'd custom make a size anyone needed. I think you may have possibly taken the wrong size.

Here's what to do. Open the thumbnail for your resolution in a new window, then right-click and save it. Then, open it and set it as your desktop. If it still doesn't work, don't use it, but it is crystal clear for me and others. As an engineering friend of mine says, "9 out of 10 times, it's operator error."

Again, sorry for all the drama.

DW

1920 x 1200 Widescreen version

1024 x 768 Regular version

800 x 600 Regular version

Last edited:
Thank you for reposting it.

And it most certainly is Tight. Damn Tight. Wicked Tight. (And I love that you actually put that in there, bahaha)

Those are awesome DW thanks for your time and hard work.

Sorry that some people have to be so UN-TIGHT!:D

I think it looks pretty sweet man. Good job. I'll be using it for awhile.

DW, thanks for the contribution! This board has a great variety of folks and sometimes a few of us (myself included) wake up on the wrong side of the throne and are curmudgeons until the morning's first Chocolate Yoohoo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back