PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

New field at Gillette?

The post BB era means it’s back to grass?

Stealth video system.............
200.gif

Locker room microphones..................
Explode Wild West GIF by GritTV

Opponents' playbooks...................................................
Season 1 Nbc GIF by The Office

Spy drone fleet..............
Not Working The Simpsons GIF by AniDom

World Cup 2026 requires grass I think.

This might be a temp field till then.

I don't know if its possible to get grass this time of year

I understand that players are becoming more vocal recently about their preference for grass over synthetic turf. I also recall that the Gillette facilities were not well regarded by players, and that the Kraft's planned to implement renovations to address those concerns. Hopefully they will consider a grass field if they conclude that it may be another way to attract players here in free agency.

I understand that players are becoming more vocal recently about their preference for grass over synthetic turf. I also recall that the Gillette facilities were not well regarded by players, and that the Kraft's planned to implement renovations to address those concerns. Hopefully they will consider a grass field if they conclude that it may be another way to attract players here in free agency.
I just don't know how they'll maintain that grass in December and January, and heaven forbid, if they have home playoff games.

The sun rises in the east and sets in the west ... Morning sun is the best ...
That was a grass mistake in the construction of Gillette ... the underground heating is already there.
Grass requires 6 inches of loam .... stadiums more concerned about drainage ...
Massive heat lamps a great investment. ... Technology is there but what about desire?

I used to love those mud slug fests ....

Last edited:
The sun rises in the east and sets in the west ... Morning sun is the best ...
That was a grass mistake in the construction of Gillette ... the underground heating is already there.
Grass requires 6 inches of loam .... stadiums more concerned about drainage ...
Massive heat lamps a great investment. ... Technology is there but what about desire?

I used to love those mud slug fests ....
I like what Arizona does with their grass field... they have it on a tray, goes in and out of the dome... provides good sunlight for a grass surface in a dome...

I believe that properly grown grass fields result in less injuries even though they might be costlier to maintain.

Also if a grass field is one of the upgrades, undersoil heating to help during the cold season would be another logical addition. It hurts a lot more getting slammed into frozen turf than a field that has been maintained using the right technology.

I also believe that a state of the art workout facility is another overdue upgrade for the Patriots that might be coming and could well be a major plus when attracting free agents.

I believe that properly grown grass fields result in less injuries even though they might be costlier to maintain.

Also if a grass field is one of the upgrades, undersoil heating to help during the cold season would be another logical addition. It hurts a lot more getting slammed into frozen turf than a field that has been maintained using the right technology.

I also believe that a state of the art workout facility is another overdue upgrade for the Patriots that might be coming and could well be a major plus when attracting free agents.

Here's an informative article discussing how undersoil heating can be used in conjunction with grass fields to maintain them better during cold weather conditions: The History of Undersoil Heating and Field Heating Systems - Alecs Field Heating

Thanks for these two links. The Early Bird ****ed up the original design & layout of the stadium that could've maximized sunlight; but maintaining a viable grass field is still doable if he's willing to spend the money on some Real player safety.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back