PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

New England at Denver AFCCG pre game thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rationally, the Pats are a much better team and should win easily. Irrationally, I hate Mile High, I hate that Goodell and Kensil are going to figure heavily into this game, and I hate that the Broncos have been winning games that they had no business winning all year.

I have no idea what to expect. The refs sold out hard to gift the regular season game to the Broncos, can only imagine how blatant this one will be.

The biggest thing here is, if the Pats, being the healthiest they've been since pretty much early November, can't beat a duck throwing Peyton Manning led Broncos, (whom they previously should have beaten sans injuries and a muff punt and against a better QB no less) than whomever they face in the Super Bowl would've destroyed them anyways.

There's no point in being scared of playing Denver in Denver. If this team is the better team as we all assume, they'll get the job done.

If they can't beat the Broncos, they've got no shot against Carolina or Arizona.

Sorry, but Denver in Denver is a million times of an easier game than Arizona or Carolina on a neutral field in Northern California, especially if the weather is bad on Sunday.

What's the weather look like and can we get in Thursday to acclimate to the air.

Long-term forecast says High of 46 and Low of 27. Winds SSE @ 6 mph. Sunny.

Bring on the snow...and another polar vortex.

Remember, no Amendola, no Edelman, no Hightower and no Collins and we were up 21-7 until that punt fumble.
The Broncos had some players out too. Harris didn't play, Ware didn't play, and Ward left in the first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I who loves conspiracy theories finds some post in this thread troubling.

I think Pitt with Brown back would have been super hard.

Looking forward to Brady getting a needed road win to seal GOAT status.
Didn't he do that against the steelers already.

We're gonna need Tre Jackson back so he can double kill-shot a couple Broncos again.

The Broncos had some players out too. Harris didn't play, Ware didn't play, and Ward left in the first.

Chris Harris played. But it appears he won't be playing in this one and if he does it will be limited.

@CameronWolfe
Chris Harris: "I couldn't press, I couldn't tackle. I couldn't get my hands on the receiver like I like to do."

Jules is going to go off!

As long as our D plays good Denver's pass game should not hurt us. We did good against their run last time until Hightower went out and then they ran over us. Penalties were pretty much even between Pitt and Denver with it being 5 for Pitt and 4 for Denver and Denver had more yards in penalties. If the refs call it clean and we don't lose any key players we can win. That said I can see the WWNFL tilt this one hard towards Denver.

Harris played last game.

And from his post game comments today, he may not next week and if so, Jules is gonna burn him.

My first thought is though it will not be a blow out by any means the Pats should beat Denver. A few thoughts.

#1 The O is better than last game. The #2 WR in the first game was Brandon Bolden.... Really? I have no issue with him overall as a player but if he is your #2 guy something has gone very wrong. Since that time Edelman/Amendola will both be back and healthy. White has emerged and Martin has gotten better. If the Pats OL plays this game like it did yesterday I think 24 points (which they got last game in regulation) should be very possible if not more. That 24 is a key number for playoff victory for BB/Brady generally.

#2 The D should be better than last game. There were a very little nicks and bruises but overall this is as healthy as they D has been in a while. This D (without Collins who is the 1st or 2nd most important player) held Denver to 7 points in 3 quarters. It was not until Hightower went out that everything fell apart. The rest of the D is good but it runs though its 2 super star LBs Collins and Hightower. If both play against what is likely to be an eqaully if not more ineffective QB for the whole game I don't see Denver being able to run and they will need to pass to win. They can't do that.

#3 STs.. You know the play. Denver needs a play like that, a few breaks and at least 1 major injury to have a chance to win. My thoughts is this. Fair catch. Don't even try to return. Just fair catch with Amendola. Don't give this a chance to happen to you. You don't need to win or even go even on STs to win. Avoid a turnover on STs (and everywhere else) and the cream will rise to the top.

Other thoughts.

Ryan did amazing against Thomas last time. I don't expect that again. But if Butler/Ryan don't allow big YAC plays that will be enough.

Also Denver loves WR bunch screens. BB will drill this all week. Get close to the line and shade McCourty over there. Play up. Don't give them a cushion.

This will be another game of pass 40-45 times. We were not able to run on Denver last time and won't be able to now most likely. Do it just a little to keep them honest or if you get a great look but this is a game we will ask Brady/Gronk/Edelman and crew to win.

I think White will and should be a big part of this game plan. The passes to the RB worked last time but it was something we needed to go to too much. If Bolden can do it then White can too and probably better as it is his speciality. This team's LBs don't match up well on RBs. Use White and exploit that. I think he can have a 6 catch 60 yard game pretty easily.

Martin on Talib is the match up I want to see a lot. I know Martin will not be a big part of the game plan nor should he be.. He is a 5th option but put him outside on Talib and I think 2 or 3 plays might be there over the game. Martin seems like the kind of guy the physical but not overly quick/fast Talib could have issues with deep. I think Something might be there and Lafell though he has is place in this offense is not fast enough to do this job.

On D we should play it like we did against KC for downs 1 and 2.. On 3rd and 5+ t-off. Get your small guys in their and run. A healthy Collins/Hightower will allow us to do this and Manning is clearly no Smith.

Harris played.

TJ Ward's absence was irrelevant. Gronk has made him look like a ***** since he signed with Denver, including on Nov 29. TJ's strength is against the run, and we didn't run that game.

Ware has played well, but with Edelman, Gronk, Amendola all present, Brady will be able to get the ball out in 2 seconds or less, which will negate their pass rush.

The biggest thing here is, if the Pats, being the healthiest they've been since pretty much early November, can't beat a duck throwing Peyton Manning led Broncos, (whom they previously should have beaten sans injuries and a muff punt and against a better QB no less) than whomever they face in the Super Bowl would've destroyed them anyways.

There's no point in being scared of playing Denver in Denver. If this team is the better team as we all assume, they'll get the job done.

If they can't beat the Broncos, they've got no shot against Carolina or Arizona.

Sorry, but Denver in Denver is a million times of an easier game than Arizona or Carolina on a neutral field in Northern California, especially if the weather is bad on Sunday.

Could not agree more, Been saying for weeks it shouldnt matter where the game is played. Sure playing at home will give the Broncos a slight advantage, but if we are a championship team, we need to overcome it

Will the sun be a factor ?

@CameronWolfe
Chris Harris: "I couldn't press, I couldn't tackle. I couldn't get my hands on the receiver like I like to do."

Jules is going to go off!

They'll put Bradley roby on Jules

If the pats can get this it will be a signature win for Brady. Beating manning in the AFCCG after losing the last two times.

Chris Harris played. But it appears he won't be playing in this one and if he does it will be limited.

good news, if he plays he wont be 100 percent. dola/minitron should have field days working the middle

marshall faulk just said that pitts receivers are better than ours. ( even without brown ). so he'd take bryant and weaton over gronk??? guy is the biggest piece of **** on tv. also ****ted on kc's defense. said people only talk about their rushers/not their secondary. basically ignores two all pro guys ( berry/peters ) and a pretty damn good corner ( sean smith )....i dont think faulk understands football.

Don't like our chances because GODELL , the league....and Archie WANT Noodle arm to cement his place as GOAT by winning another championship.....Officials will be all over Pats like white on rice.....would have to play perfect football or just plain blow Denver out.......since we all know that it will come down to who has ball last....and the officials will be in the pocket of the Mannings.....it will be EXTREMELY DIFFICULT for Pats to make it back to SB

How exactly do we all know it will come down to who has the ball last?

Seriously, where do some of you come up with this stuff?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back