PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NEW ARTICLE: Trade Mac Jones? 5 Reasons Why That Idea is Absolutely Insane

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: sb1
Russ and a 1st? Maybe.

I was listening to 98.5 with Bertrand and Zolak, didn't change the channel when Felger and Squeaky came on and they started the show with us trading Mac for Russ Wilson and how all us fans would be behind it 100%. These guys make up strawmen for their show and then spend 4 hours on it, I changed the channel after 5 minutes, pissed I kept it there when the show started. It should be called Felger, Mazz and the Strawman.

Patriots should get close to zero for Mac in a trade right now. And they’d be back to needing a QB.

If I’m a GM of another team and I saw BB of all people put his young first round quarterback up on the trade block after one year then I’d think something was probably very wrong with the QB. Why else would he want to give up on him?

twitter-s-best-red-flag-memes-are-here-these-dealbreakers-are-honestly-so-relatable.jpg

Not worth considering.

Last edited:
Maybe It's just me but I'm not a huge Wilson fan.

Yes, he is talented.

But the results since SB 49 have been...unimpressive.

Russ should not want to go to NE. Who would he throw to?

Last edited:
I was listening to 98.5 with Bertrand and Zolak, didn't change the channel when Felger and Squeaky came on and they started the show with us trading Mac for Russ Wilson and how all us fans would be behind it 100%. These guys make up strawmen for their show and then spend 4 hours on it, I changed the channel after 5 minutes, pissed I kept it there when the show started. It should be called Felger, Mazz and the Strawman.

It's so obvious those guys pretend to believe the sh!t they stir just to rile up listeners enough to phone in. They continue to beat the Brady vs. BB drum which got old a long time ago. I'm also really tired of Jim Murray's Brady shtick.

If the Pats give up a first and Mac for Wilson then BB should be immediately relieved of his job.
We get a first lol. You wouldn’t take that?

Russ and a 1st? Maybe.
Wilson was not good this year. And he will turn 34 early next season. The Seahawks have no first round pick this year. They gave it (#10) to the Jets in the Jamal Adams trade. And Wilson makes way too much money. I don't know what Mac will turn into after watching him this year. I think it's weird that so many fans here have anointed him the answer with such certainty. But he might end up being an above average QB. I would rather gamble on that, on a rookie contract, than bring in an overpriced veteran. Not to mention Seattle is not giving up Wilson for just Jones. We are rebuilding and have a lot of holes to fill. Signing or trading for a high priced veteran makes no sense. Mac is the perfect QB for a rebuilding team.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back