PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NEW ARTICLE: Thursday Patriots Notebook 7/20: News and Notes

Good read, as usual.

I would have been ok with giving Mims a TC shot. Oh well.

Bedard often talks out of his ass when it comes to Belichick. It's obvious he is another sensitive media person who doesn't like Bill's disdain for them.

I would counter Bedard's assertion that Bill only brings in All Pro talent on Defense from the outside with 2 rather big examples:

1. Moss and Welker in 2007. They weren't technically free agent signings, but they pretty much were. Ancient history?

2. How about Antonio Brown? He was definitely the equivalent of a Darelle Revis in talent.

Bedard asked when has Bill EVER brought in a tier 1 offensive talent. I would put Moss and Antonio Brown way ahead in "tier talent" than his examples of Revis, Judon, and Adalius.

It's odd Bedard failed to mention those WR's. But that would have gotten in the way of the thesis of his story.

I wonder why Bill has such a low opinion of most sports "journalists".

Good read, as usual.

I would have been ok with giving Mims a TC shot. Oh well.

Bedard often talks out of his ass when it comes to Belichick. It's obvious he is another sensitive media person who doesn't like Bill's disdain for them.

I would counter Bedard's assertion that Bill only brings in All Pro talent on Defense from the outside with 2 rather big examples:

1. Moss and Welker in 2007. They weren't technically free agent signings, but they pretty much were. Ancient history?

2. How about Antonio Brown? He was definitely the equivalent of a Darelle Revis in talent.

Bedard asked when has Bill EVER brought in a tier 1 offensive talent. I would put Moss and Antonio Brown way ahead in "tier talent" than his examples of Revis, Judon, and Adalius.

It's odd Bedard failed to mention those WR's. But that would have gotten in the way of the thesis of his story.

I wonder why Bill has such a low opinion of most sports "journalists".
He did mention Brown, but I left that part out. He said that was essentially a move they made right before September because they didn't have anyone else. Full segment is here:

He did mention Brown, but I left that part out. He said that was essentially a move they made right before September because they didn't have anyone else. Full segment is here:

So he qualified the Brown move as desperation. I would say the Revis signing was a similar void scenario.

Either way, it flies in the face of his "Bill never EVER" brings in top offensive talent. And Moss certainly blows his theory out of the water.

I appreciate you giving me a reason to ***** about Bedard's anti-Bill bias though! :excited:

So he qualified the Brown move as desperation. I would say the Revis signing was a similar void scenario.

Either way, it flies in the face of his "Bill never EVER" brings in top offensive talent. And Moss certainly blows his theory out of the water.

I appreciate you giving me a reason to ***** about Bedard's anti-Bill bias though! :excited:
Moss was acquired on April 29th, so not really in terms of “first day priorities.” Although the unknown is whether or not that was the initial plan back at the beginning of free agency, with Belichick simply being patient and letting things play out before making the move to trade for him.

That’s the bit of context we don’t know that certainly would put a bit of a damper on that theory. Albeit, it was 15 years ago, although he also brought up Thomas, which if I recall was around the same time/year.

TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Back