PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NEW ARTICLE: Thursday Patriots Notebook 10/19: News and Notes

I would not trade a player the likes of Bourne. He is not spectacular, but he is sound and his future is promising. This year is entirely about next year and years following, A player such as Bourne will be useful on a rebuilt team. I would have no objection to trading players who might contribute this year but who are as a result either of age or injury unlikely to have a secure role in the team going forward. I would only hope Bill would have minimal input into the disposition of such players. He has demonstrated his incompetence in this area, surely.

Until we know what is available by way of replacement and the quality of our chances of securing a replacement, likely in the draft, I would do nothing re Mac. Let him play: maybe (maybe) he can enhance his trade value or show some progress in his manner of play such that we might want to keep him. We have PLENTY of needs, and this will NOT be a one-year rebuild, so if we end up concentrating over the next calendar year on positions other than qb, I see nothing wrong with that. I do not reject out of hand the prospect we might keep him another year, should we be unable to secure a promising replacement, or if we take on a possible replacement who will require time to develop.

Malik is an interesting prospect. I'd keep him around. He passed through wavers, after all, and has dome little since, so his trade value is minimal. There is no reason (yet?) to factor him into our thinking re a starting qb.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ian

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3