PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NEW ARTICLE: Somehow, The Patriots’ Playoff Chances Remain Very Real Heading Into This Weekend

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Somehow, The Patriots’ Playoff Chances Remain Very Real Heading Into This Weekend
Ian Logue
Coming off Sunday's disappointing loss to the Cincinnati Bengals, it was hard to imagine a scenario where the New England Patriots still had a shot of playing postseason football.

The post Somehow, The Patriots’ Playoff Chances Remain Very Real Heading Into This Weekend appeared first on PatsFans.com.

Continue reading...

(If you enjoyed this entry - hit the Thumbs Up/If not, hit the Thumbs down in this thread)

Tua's working on something like his fourth concussion. Never has the good been so similar to what's good for us. All he needs to do is save himself, and our chances immediately improve.

As to what we can control... This bunch has shown almost enough toughness so often, only to stupid it away. (That was the case in the last two consecutive games.) Setting aside the boo-hooing about "but the playcalling..." it's kind of late to fix "you have to hold onto the ball."

I could imagine punishing our best playmakers over their combo-pack turnover to snatch certain death from the jaws of overtime, followed by Rhamondre's timey fumble last week. Maybe this is our opportunity to get more looks at Strong and Other Harris.

But really my gut says you put your best players on the field, and tell them take smart chances if they know they're smart. keep their heads in the game, let Mac play the passing game like he's behind by 20-some, and tell everybody If they DO have an aneurism and pull another Raiders ending... well, not a resume-builder, but it's a wild-card spot from a 7-8 position, not the Super Bowl. Just try not to be that dumb.

Forgetting the circular accusation habit, we might be in a situation where guys need the counterintuitive "play loose" talk, maybe bring in some former Red Sox from whatever team said "this isn't the year" as their slogan, and let him give the anti-pep-talk.

Anyway, regardless of what's really happening "in the building," as a fan, I will fish out the glimmers of hope, glue them together, and hope for the best vs. the fish.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back