PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NEW ARTICLE: So Far, Patriots Miss Jakobi Meyers

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
So Far, Patriots Miss Jakobi Meyers
Ian Logue
With the Patriots sitting at 0-2, one thing has certainly been clear through two weeks for Mac Jones. The lack of a viable third-down target has been a significant issue so far for the New England Patriots, and the numbers certainly show that.

The post So Far, Patriots Miss Jakobi Meyers appeared first on PatsFans.com.

Continue reading...

(If you enjoyed this entry - hit the Thumbs Up/If not, hit the Thumbs down in this thread)

If they had Jakobi Meyers the offensive line would be blocking great and they would be 2-0...

Jakobi Meyers, the WR the "weapons" crowd told us was no good or average from 2019 right up until the moment he was walking out the door.

:rolleyes:

I had a feeling this would be a topic throughout the season if the offense was struggling and Schuster was a no show. I still don't think letting Meyers go was a mistake, but not replacing him with a viable option was. Schuster was a very bizarre signing.

Meyers would have caught the Boutte pass and possibly the gesicki pass as well and we would be 2-0 . No kidding.

Juju is a total no show . Really useless so far. It's probably in teams best interest to sit JuJu and let Boutte learn the ropes and once thronton comes come up with some deep stretch plays. Hopefully OLine stabilizes by week 5.

I defended the guy more than anyone here and all I saw is people ****ting on him for not getting into the end zone or no YAC.

Something similar will happen when all the people clamoring for BB to get the axe get their new coach.

I noted that in the entry. Biggest issue right now is that they don't have a go-to guy on 3rd down. You might not realize it, but Meyers was that guy by a significant margin over the previous two seasons, and they obviously don't have anyone who has shown they're close to being able to handle that role in a "gotta have it" situation so far.

I noted that in the entry. Biggest issue right now is that they don't have a go-to guy on 3rd down. You might not realize it, but Meyers was that guy by a significant margin over the previous two seasons, and they obviously don't have anyone who has shown they're close to being able to handle that role in a "gotta have it" situation so far.
I've been saying this since the moment they let him walk for the same $$ they gave to JSS.
Everyone screamed and yelled, and kissed the rings, but obvious truth always proves itself in short order.

I get the move to Juju. They needed a YAC guy and Juju should have been one. There's a reason why Meyers didn't get in the end zone for a long time after he started his career.

Unfortunately it looks like they were sold a lemon and something went wrong somewhere with their medical assessments. The James Robinson problem is more evidence of that.

Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Back