PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NEW ARTICLE: Patriots’ Situation With Kendrick Bourne Needs a Resolution Sooner than Later

You don't think it's shocking that the team's best WR last year was rated #4 by the team, when the only change is the swap out of Harry for Parker?

Interesting...
Not if his performance has fallen off and he’s showing signs of attitude problems like showing up la te for important meetings.

do you think Agholor and Jonnu should have been rated more highly last year because they performed well the previous year? It’s the same thing, what matters is how you are performing now, not what your newspaper clippings say you did in the past.

Not if his performance has fallen off and he’s showing signs of attitude problems like showing up la te for important meetings.

How could his performance have fallen off? They hadn't yet played a game.

do you think Agholor and Jonnu should have been rated more highly last year because they performed well the previous year? It’s the same thing, what matters is how you are performing now, not what your newspaper clippings say you did in the past.

We knew what Agholor was from years of his play, as he's been a starter from year one, and has consistently been Nelson Agholor. When he had a so-called career year, he cashed in with the Patriots, and good for him. But he's since reverted back to being Nelson Agholor.

The Patriots essentially decided that Agholor was not going to be Agholor, and Bourne was no longer Bourne, without either guy having yet played a down. That's bad analysis. Had they started Bourne, and Bourne proceeded to **** the bed, there would be no issue here. Instead, they started the career disappointment over the Cinderella story, and it bit them on the ass in week one.

Of course, it might have all been avoided had they gone with more diversity in the personnel packages, but that's another thing too many here are seemingly ignoring.

How could his performance have fallen off? They hadn't yet played a game.
training camp and preseason are about competing for a job. Performance then matters too. if his preseason performance wasn’t as good as new additions to the roster, or guys who had disappointed last year and worked hard to improve, his ranking would reflect that.

in other words, his ranking in August 2022 was based on how he performed in August 2022 not on what he did in 2021.

that’s not hard to understand. I’m sure you can do it, if you just try hard enough.

Today it was revealed that Patricia and Bourne are at odds and BB is just rubberstamping Patricia's decision to limit Bourne's playing time.Internally they've all known this since the start of camp.Other revelations today point to a team in disarray. Scar's comments, beat reporters revealing Mac is being hamstrung at the LOS being instructed to just run the called plays.

As a fan since I was a little boy in the 60's, I witnessed all the ups and downs this franchise has given us. This season I must admit I do NOT like what I'm hearing...and what I'm seeing.

…, beat reporters revealing Mac is being hamstrung at the LOS being instructed to just run the called plays.
are you saying the problem was that Mac was instructed not to check for possible blitzes and adjust protections? Or did he come up with that himself?

that's correct...Mac has had his ability to adjust protections and audible OUT of the play call taken away. Run the play called is the new rule per Patricia. Andy Hart and Greg Bedard both reported this mid afternoon. Obviously their source is within the Pats organization

start listening at the 37 minute mark..."we really like this play, you're going to run it...period"...that's what Patricia is telling Mac. This is a quantum shift as far as we are accustomed to seeing.

training camp and preseason are about competing for a job. Performance then matters too. if his preseason performance wasn’t as good as new additions to the roster, or guys who had disappointed last year and worked hard to improve, his ranking would reflect that.

in other words, his ranking in August 2022 was based on how he performed in August 2022 not on what he did in 2021.

that’s not hard to understand. I’m sure you can do it, if you just try hard enough.

As I said to someone else, don't give me the practice stuff, because it's irrelevant. You claimed his performance had fallen off, when he hadn't played in a single game. There was no opportunity for his performance to fall off.

We also, according to at least one reporter, had Parker getting shut down in the joint practices, so, even if we did foolishly go down the "OMG! Practice!" route, Parker wasn't doing anything to put himself above Bourne.

Last edited:
Once again, gruff ol' Little Billy Notgoat is showing that he would rather lose his way than win another way.

T-E-A-M be D-A-M-M-E-D.
Whenever I watch a Pats game my biggest concern isn't which players are on the field, it's that the players know who's the boss.

gruff ol' Little Billy Notgoat :rofl: fun fact is 35-36 playing without the real GOAT.
I had given Bill credit for one more win than he has. I used to be very good at math but I wasn't then.

Today it was revealed that Patricia and Bourne are at odds and BB is just rubberstamping Patricia's decision to limit Bourne's playing time.Internally they've all known this since the start of camp.Other revelations today point to a team in disarray. Scar's comments, beat reporters revealing Mac is being hamstrung at the LOS being instructed to just run the called plays.

As a fan since I was a little boy in the 60's, I witnessed all the ups and downs this franchise has given us. This season I must admit I do NOT like what I'm hearing...and what I'm seeing.
I've been with you all along Joker. Hopefully they'll fix all of that and start playing decent football.

You don't think it's shocking that the team's best WR last year was rated #4 by the team, when the only change is the swap out of Harry for Parker?

Interesting...
I don’t think it’s that cut and dry that he was the best wr last year, and while I view him as a better receiver than some of the other guys, I don’t think he’s multiple tiers above them. This isn’t like 5 years ago the staff saying jules is below hogan and dorsett.
It would not surprise me if the coaches said that jakobi was still our best wr last year. There’s probably a reason in their minds that the snap count was allocated the way it was. And jakobi was productive too.
Like I said, Agholor is surprising, but he’s reportedly had a better offseason/preseason. And worth noting it’s not like he’s never produced in the manner KB has. His highest volume year had more yards and TDs than that of KB. I personally prefer KB as a player, but I don’t find it shocking if the coaches said KB was fourth this year after a lackluster preseason.

As I said to someone else, don't give me the practice stuff, because it's irrelevant. You claimed his performance had fallen off, when he hadn't played in a single game. There was no opportunity for his performance to fall off.

We also, according to at least one reporter, had Parker getting shut down in the joint practices, so, even if we did foolishly go down the "OMG! Practice!" route, Parker wasn't doing anything to put himself above Bourne.
This new 'Friends and Family' Bill Belichick has certainly altered his WR template in recent years.
During his 2 decades of success, he valued WRs who excelled at creating separation.
Now, he prefers WRs who, on paper, supposedly win jump balls (Harry, Parker)
And as a cherry on top, he and his F & F Braintrust benched the one WR who last season demonstrated the ability to create separation and gain YAC.

Can't blame Robert for looking down at that Miami schitt show and wonder why his 5 recently acquired pricy veteran 'playmakers' :p who earn a combined $45 mill/year managed a whopping 10 catches total last Sunday.

To help Robert and his bean counters out, I have broken down the cost for each of these 10 marvelous catches...
$45 mill / 17 games = $2.67 mill salary each week paid to the Pats Fantastic 5
$2.67 mill / 10 catches = $267k / catch in week 1

For comparison, I am including the obscenely overvalued (in Bill's mind) Cooper Kupp who was recently extended with a 3 yr / 80 mill deal.
Using Kupp's future salary (approx $27 mill/year), Kupp's/catch cost in week 1 was .............
$27 mill/ 17 games / 13 catches= $122k / catch

AJ Brown
(1st game as an Eagle)
$25 mill / 17 games / 10 catches = $147k / catch

Devonte Adams
(1st game as Raider)
$28 mill / 17 games / 10 catches = $164k / catch

Yeah Bill, overpriced stud WRs are so not worth it
Fortify the special team coverage ranks and lets fly down the field for those touchbacks

Last edited:

Signs of a poorly coached team.

If the season starts to really go south I expect coaching changes.

I don’t think it’s that cut and dry that he was the best wr last year, and while I view him as a better receiver than some of the other guys, I don’t think he’s multiple tiers above them. This isn’t like 5 years ago the staff saying jules is below hogan and dorsett.
It would not surprise me if the coaches said that jakobi was still our best wr last year. There’s probably a reason in their minds that the snap count was allocated the way it was. And jakobi was productive too.
Like I said, Agholor is surprising, but he’s reportedly had a better offseason/preseason. And worth noting it’s not like he’s never produced in the manner KB has. His highest volume year had more yards and TDs than that of KB. I personally prefer KB as a player, but I don’t find it shocking if the coaches said KB was fourth this year after a lackluster preseason.
But Agholor could only muster up a measly 28yds against their #2 and 3 CB's their best was on Parker. At that $$$$ he's making plus his all world preseason I think it's not too much to ask for at-least 80yds a game. They need to start getting back better returns on the Agholor investment.

Signs of a poorly coached team.

If the season starts to really go south I expect coaching changes.
You'll have a better chance getting blood from a stone. :)

start listening at the 37 minute mark..."we really like this play, you're going to run it...period"...that's what Patricia is telling Mac. This is a quantum shift as far as we are accustomed to seeing.
So much for Mac saying "it's a collaborative effort, coaches listening to what we like."

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back