PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NEW ARTICLE: MORSE: Second Patriots Open OTA, Blast from the Past, and Comings and Goings

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
"...The last point from the OTA was the punting of Corliss Waitman. With Bryce Baringer absent, Waitman had the practice all to himself. The left-footed punter put on quite the performance with 7 of his 12 punts with hang times of 5.0 or better. That is impressive."

- I will laugh my ASS OFF if Wait,man & his left foot makes the team ahead of 4-Eyes & his draft status.

"...Next week, June 12-14 is Mini-Camp. This is a mandatory practice and all players should be there unless they are hurt or holding out. Trent Brown and Matt Judon may be holdouts since they are in the last year of their contracts and are looking for extensions..."

- If Trent Brown doesn't show up next week, then I would cut his fat ****ing ass right on the ****ing spot. **** him.

Cool bit on Tom Neville, one of the very few (if only?) Patriots who was two games from the Super Bowl in both 1966 and 1976...

"I am recovering nicely from an ongoing health problem. Ian posted that I had a recent health scare, and I am grateful for all the well wishes that I received. What should have been a simple day surgery, ended up as a week in the hospital. My doctors have eliminated the most serious possibilities but discovered I have additional heart issues. These can be easily controlled by medicine, diet, and exercise. Hopefully, I will be writing articles for a long time."

- 7 years since I had two stents installed, and I'm feeling better than I have in 20 years... If I can do it, then I have no doubts whatsoever that you can too.

Is it that obvious Chasen Hines isn’t as good or better at RG than Atonio Mafi? I don’t know why a multiple year SEC starter at RG wouldn’t get the nod over the rookie greenhorn who only played NT and LG.

I know I get easily confused sometimes. And now is one of them.

Play Hines, d%#*!@t!

Is it that obvious Chasen Hines isn’t as good or better at RG than Atonio Mafi? I don’t know why a multiple year SEC starter at RG wouldn’t get the nod over the rookie greenhorn who only played NT and LG.

Play Hines, d%#*!@t!

Yeah I don't know what's happening with this guy; he's supposedly here, but not a peep from anyone about him... And now that the other Andrews has been drafted, having college Center experience is no longer the advantage for 'Hinds that it was last year.

We only need one of these types of players (RG-Only) as part of our backups - which this year will include Double-S, the other Andrews and what could be the two OTs who don't win a starting job - for a total of 10 already...

As of now and barring injury, it looks like Chasin's bound for the PS...ours or someone else's.

Play Hines, d%#*!@t!
I'm delighted that Mafi seems to be doing well (and justifying the draft pick) but you're instead pissed that Hines isn't stepping up. Why do you value your college scouting observations more than the team's actual experience with the players?

As I posted in my previous response to your dissing the Mafi pick, he played very well in the Shrine Bowl practices and games while being coached by the Pats staff. And as BB always says, it's all about if you are improving. Mafi might be on the steep side of the learning curve precisely because he's inexperienced...

So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
Back