PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NEW ARTICLE: MORSE: Patriots Pre-Season 53 Man Roster Projection

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
MORSE: Patriots Pre-Season 53 Man Roster Projection
Mark Morse
This projection was originally done on July 27th but has been updated with some early camp news and roster changes.

The post MORSE: Patriots Pre-Season 53 Man Roster Projection appeared first on PatsFans.com.

Continue reading...

(If you enjoyed this entry - hit the Thumbs Up/If not, hit the Thumbs down in this thread)
OFFENSE
1) Basically, you have Keene as our fullback. I'd rather have a fullback.
2) You have Bolden at Player 53, bringing him back after someone goes on IR. I guess I'm OK with that.
3) Personally, I think that Taylor is a waste of a roster spot.
4) We need a 9th OL. We will have 8 active OL's. There should be one player as injury backup, in a ddition to Practice Squad folks.

BOTTOM LINE
I would cut Taylor and Keene in favor of a FB and a 9th OL.
===========
DEFENSE
I agree with all your choices. There will be injuries; for now, this list is a fine 24. Of course, calling Adams a NT will just pi$$ off the captain. MO, He just just add more to the defensive front six than the alternatives (Cowart and Bentley).

COULD BE A SIGNING (BOTTOM 4 POSITIONS)
1) 5th WR
2) 9th OL
3) 5th CB
4) 6th CB

Last edited:
MORSE: Patriots Pre-Season 53 Man Roster Projection
Mark Morse
This projection was originally done on July 27th but has been updated with some early camp news and roster changes.

The post MORSE: Patriots Pre-Season 53 Man Roster Projection appeared first on PatsFans.com.

Continue reading...

(If you enjoyed this entry - hit the Thumbs Up/If not, hit the Thumbs down in this thread)

QB - Stidham stays on PUP, no need to go to IR.

RB - Jake Johnson is a favorite of Bill's, therefore he stays...Haven't heard anything regarding JJ Kid Dynomite so far...He might be the odd man out, again...Tyler Gaffney's a ****ing joke, NFW is he signed to the PS.

WR - At least Harry is boosting his trade value...Wilkerson needs to stop dropping passes or he's gone...Nixon to the PS...Isaiah Zuber sucks...And don't dismiss Marvin Hall so quickly; with Devin Smith gone, he might be the fastest WR in the building and could challenge for the Backup Outside spot behind Agholor & Bourne/Meyers.

TE - With Keene gone, Troy Fumagalli now has a legit chance to become TE #4, though he might still be in direct competition with Jake Johnson for just one spot.

OL - "I just don’t think Sherman is big enough for Tackle. I go with a guy that has NFL experience in Redmond."
Redmond has No NFL experience at OT; and if he has any, it's practically a lead-pipe lock that it's Bad experience...Dude ****ing sucks...Jerald Hawkins makes far more sense here than Redmond...No fan of Justin Herron either...Bill & the New Minions need to very, Very carefully scour the waiver wire on Cut-Down Day for OLmen, OTs in particular.

DT - Monty Capuletti Adams is a Bust, and besides that is in NO way, shape or form a NT...Carl the Concussion Davis is one, however, so let's see if he survives TC...And why in the world would you even for one moment consider re-signing The Comedian & Nicky Thurman to the PS? Both of them ****ing suck.

Agree with the DEs & LBs...Dam shame about the Raekwon McMillan injury; now I have to hope that both Langi & Terez Hall show enough to kick JaWrong Yugo & Brandon the King to the curb, though there will be multiple better options on Cut-Down Day than ANY of these four, if there aren't already (which there are).

Also agree with the CBs & Safeties, though Mike Jackson - especially if he can distinguish himself on STs - might be starting to perform well enough to make Bill decide on only one of Cody Davis & Justin Bethel.

DEFENSE
I agree with all your choices. There will be injuries; for now, this list is a fine 24. Of course, calling Adams a NT will just pi$$ off the captain. MO, He just just add more to the defensive front six than the alternatives (Cowart and Bentley).

COULD BE A SIGNING (BOTTOM 4 POSITIONS)
1) 5th WR
2) 9th OL
3) 5th CB
4) 6th CB

It did.

Also agree with the CBs & Safeties, though Mike Jackson - especially if he can distinguish himself on STs - might be starting to perform well enough to make Bill decide on only one of Cody Davis & Justin Bethel.
For Bill, the question is whether Jackson is good enough to be better than Davis or Bethel on St's.

For Bill, the question is whether Jackson is good enough to be better than Davis or Bethel on St's.

I'd rather have a DB on the 53 who won't be quite as good on STs as Bethel & Davis but would be a far superior defender to either of them, especially when our poor CB depth is considered...unless of course we would have to pay Detroit a draft pick to keep him.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back