PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NEW ARTICLE: MORSE: Patriots Post Season Analysis – Running Backs

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
MORSE: Patriots Post Season Analysis – Running Backs
Mark Morse
This week I will start my New England Patriots team analysis on the running backs. As a whole, the group performed very considering there were limited holes to run through. The poor play of the offensive line limited what the running backs could do.

The post MORSE: Patriots Post Season Analysis – Running Backs appeared first on PatsFans.com.

Continue reading...

(If you enjoyed this entry - hit the Thumbs Up/If not, hit the Thumbs down in this thread)

Dam shame that Bill didn't provide Mac a legit 3rd-Down RB to help ease the load on Rham Tough... Maybe Pierre Strong can be that guy, but maybe he won't be; 7 catches for 42 yards Total doesn't exactly impress the sh!t outta me... One thing is certain however: Ty Montgomery is Finished. Never should've been signed in the first place either.

I like Harris, but he just can't stay on the field.

Rham is not a quick cutting guy and needs time to get going. He's not quick enough to catch passes out of the backfield.

I liked what I saw from Kevin Harris.

Stong needs to step up in year 2.

Ty Montgomery was a pointless signing after drafting two running backs.

I see people clamoring for a back to catch passes out of the back field. I'd rather have guys who can catch passes downfield. That's what we should concentrating on. If you rely on dumping off to a RB then your offense has a lot of problems.

I like Harris, but he just can't stay on the field.

Rham is not a quick cutting guy and needs time to get going. He's not quick enough to catch passes out of the backfield.

I liked what I saw from Kevin Harris.

Stong needs to step up in year 2.

Ty Montgomery was a pointless signing after drafting two running backs.

Agree

I see people clamoring for a back to catch passes out of the back field. I'd rather have guys who can catch passes downfield. That's what we should concentrating on. If you rely on dumping off to a RB then your offense has a lot of problems.

We can have our cake, and eat it too... But it's been so long since we've witnessed a Real playoff-caliber offense 'round these parts that we sometimes forget that we can attack all three levels of the playing field at the Same Time if we wanted to, and if we had the Leadership...

Stevenson has the potential to be their best all-purpose RB ever. With just 7 starts he had 1040 rushing yards on 5.0 Y/A and 69 receptions in the passing game (which led the team). He finished top 10 in the NFL in rushing yards after contact per rush and rush attempts per broken tackle. One possible flaw may be the fumbles but he can work on ball security. Overall he looks like highly legit RB1.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back