PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Need a nickname for Julian

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nickname that has been used for him at the sports bar I go to, "Wes Welker, Junior" or "Wes Welker II"

I prefer "the second coming of Wes Welker"

Last edited:
Welker Helper, or WH for short.

Sorry, but all I could come up with is..

Jukin' Julian Edelman

How about Julian "Wes-B" Edelman (as in option B?)

david ortiz = big papi
wes welker = small papi
julian = smaller papi

Edelman has three inches of height and 15 pounds of body weight on Welker, so back to the drawing board on that one.

How about Mr. Ed?
And I would venture that mini-me would not be so much a reference to his stature in size but his stature as a player when compared to Wes.

His teamates call him Jules...

Just like with Gostowski, fans can't make up nicknames. His in college was Gotti but people here insisted on Ghost. His teamates call him "Meat". I don't even want to know why...

heh heh...i was going to make a comment on his teammates' nick for him, but this is a family board :halo:

agreed...Ghost probably doesn't even like "Ghost"...

How about Fizz Ed?

How about Scuba Steve. Hahahaha.

His teamates call him Jules...

Just like with Gostowski, fans can't make up nicknames. His in college was Gotti but people here insisted on Ghost. His teamates call him "Meat". I don't even want to know why...

heh heh...i was going to make a comment on his teammates' nick for him, but this is a family board :halo:

agreed...Ghost probably doesn't even like "Ghost"...

Get your mind out of the gutter. :p

Here's the 411:

If Gostkowski, a fourth-round pick from Memphis, shows up on special teams wearing a garter belt, blame Miller and the movie ``Bull Durham."

``It's like I'm Crash Davis and he's Meat," Miller explained. ``I tell him, `Just pitch . . . just kick. That's it. Just do what you got to do. Do your thing.' If you were blind and just standing out there and you use your ears to hear the sound that comes off his foot, you realize he has all the talent in the world. It has a big thud on it. It's up to him now. I don't know him well enough to say what's between the ears. I'm going to find that out."

Miller's first impression: ``[Gostkowski's] so young, he doesn't know what the hell is going on. That's the kind of guy you want to replace [Vinatieri]. He doesn't know [how difficult it could be]. And Martin realizes, `I'm not going to try to be something I'm not. I've niched out my own little life out here and it's worked out pretty good because you can't fake it for eight years.' One of those two combinations will do it. I feel pretty good about that."

Last edited:
How about Mr. Ed?
And I would venture that mini-me would not be so much a reference to his stature in size but his stature as a player when compared to Wes.
Mimi-me should be smaller in stature than the original, otherwise when Adalius Thomas drops into coverage he becomes a mini-CB, and 300# Dan Connolly becomes a mini-FB.

I read it on here someone else was calling him the

KOSHER KATCHER

and I kind of liked it:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes