PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NE -0 Buffalo 31

Status
Not open for further replies.
patsox23 said:
These are two incredibly telling items that seem to be getting lost in the shuffle. Miami's DL got manhandled. Pitt's got a terrific OL and run game, but still, 143 yards rushing allowed is not good.
ummm... miami's OL got manhandled... that's a lot of handling for 2 lines.

feelthepain said:
Yeah I'm sure Pat fans were all grins and giggles after their 31-0 thumping by the Bills. It's one game, we weren't going undefeated anyways. We will get better, much better.

Well, there's really no place to go but up!

Patriotic Fervor said:
Well, there's really no place to go but up!
they are only a QB, a RB, an entire OL, an entire DL, and a D secondary from being a VERY good team... their WR/TE's are a solid average... their LB's are good, and they have nice special teams. go fish!

Last edited:
PatsWorldChamps said:
they are only a QB, a RB, an entire OL, an entire DL, and a D secondary from being a VERY good team... their WR/TE's are a solid average... their LB's are good, and they have nice special teams. go fish!

Really, then why wasn't the final score 31-0 like when your team lost to Buffalo on opening day a few years ago??

feelthepain said:
Really, then why wasn't the final score 31-0 like when your team lost to Buffalo on opening day a few years ago??
Doesnt really matter does it? They won 14/15 games after the opener. The Lawyer Milloy thing wasnt good...and that was definitley a reason because when you look back on 2003 season the Pats were amazing. I dont think the Pats were just THAT bad that they lost 31-0 there was obvious lockeroom emotions overthe Milloy thing.

Actually, I thought Ronnie Brown did well, considering the miami OL. He got 2, 3 or 4 yards when faced with NOTHING a lot of the time.

What in the hell would motivate a finfan to show up here on a week one loss? Man, I would think you would prefer to be off on a dolphin forum discussing the details of the game with OTHER finfans.

Is it insecurity in team that has you here hoping to hear from some Pats fans that your team played well? Need us to bolster your resolve or give you some form of validation for being a dolphin fan? Are the fans at the fin forums treating you bad? Lamenting to your Marino posters no longer relieve the angst?

Listen Buttercup, it's week one. Nobody is in mid-season form because it ain't mid-season. Pep threw some in the dirt, threw some to the defense, and just plain stood there laser targeting his receivers with his eyes when he had plenty of time to throw the ball. It is obvious he is nowhere near scrambling form (if he ever will be again) and thats a huge part of his game. As a pocket QB with no legs and no time he becomes average. He always has been in those situations, and he always will be. Sorry you bought into that hype that getting him for a 2nd was a "steal", should have looked at the package closer before you bought. If he gets some mobility back, and some time for his reads, he will do fine again. Right now he is exposed for what he really is.

Brown has great talent and went up against a damn good line with an average (or less than average) OL opening holes for him. He will have substantially better games in the future.

Your defense is still getting their act together. The DB's better hope they get there sooner than the rest of the league.

Mularky should be calling plays for a high school team. Another hyped aquisition during the offseason.

Nick Sabans tan looks good, but his indecisiveness and pitiful attempt at interjection looked rather frilly. Tell him to butch up a little and THROW THE DAMN FLAG!

Feel better, Princess? When you're team has ascended beyond 2nd place in the AFCE or totally dominates a Pats game, come on back here and run your mouth all you want. You will have earned it then. For now just work on the insecurity issue and leave the warrantless smack in gym class.

feelthepain said:
We were 4 points behind with the ball and 3 minutes to go, we didn't get killed. Daunte made two bad plays it's gonna happen. Life goes on and their are still 15 games left in the season.

Charlie Batch

:yeahthat:

Oh btw, your secondary stinks.

feelthepain said:
Yeah I'm sure Pat fans were all grins and giggles after their 31-0 thumping by the Bills. It's one game, we weren't going undefeated anyways. We will get better, much better.

Yep, keep riding that HOPE - that WISH - all the way to the golf course in January.

feelthepain said:
Does this score ring a bell opening day a few years ago, and where did the Pats end their season?? Yep, Miami's doomed!!!

Ya...But I highly doubt any one was on Miami's msg board posting about the Pats being unstoppable before the Buffalo game (in 2002). I hope you at least brought your Dolphin world champ hype to the Steelers board this week. At least give them something to laugh about too.

IMO the Patriots were better than both teams in the superbowl last february....and better than both teams on the field last night. Just my opinion.

Last edited:
feelthepain said:
And it's week one!! Not 16!!

However the Miami Dolphins lost to a backup quarterback, not Drew Bledsoe!

Some things I think about last night:

This MAY be a 2003 Buffalo situation, it has yet to be seen if the Dolphins are a team that has great games in them and then a few flubs thrown in (of which this game would be one). It'll take the rest of the season for us to know what the true case is, so I'm certainly postponing my judgement.

That said, the Dolphins looked absolutely horrible for 1/4 of this game. For a small stretch they looked great, the rest of the time they looked worse than bad.

Culpepper had rust, and both lines were bad, the LBs looked slow in general, the Miami offense thrived on dink and dunk passes (which most Dolphins fans mock when we employ) and had NO running game.

As far as positives: Wes Welker looked outstanding both as a PR/KR and slot reciever. Chambers showed flashes (but was inconsistent), and even Booker looked pretty good at times, though the oft-injured player already showed a ding.

I think that with some time this offense could be very good. But injuries could change all that quickly. And if the length of time is too long, the Pats may be too far ahead for the Dolphins to catch up.

It should be an interesting season.

:eek: You think Culpepper = Brady? Plus, as noted, there were a lot of holes in that Dolphin team that were exposed last night. :p

feelthepain said:
Does this score ring a bell opening day a few years ago, and where did the Pats end their season?? Yep, Miami's doomed!!!

2003 Patriots = 2006 Dolphins?

Well, they wear pads and play football. Besides that, comparing them is like comparing Jessica Alba to Rosie O'Donnell.

feelthepain said:

There is a difference. That Patriots team is about 50 thousand times better then this Miami team.

feelthepain said:
We were 4 points behind with the ball and 3 minutes to go, we didn't get killed. Daunte made two bad plays it's gonna happen. Life goes on and their are still 15 games left in the season.

That's THE POINT dude. You've got yourself a quarterback who can't get it done in the big spots. He was the same way at Minnesota.

He's got all the physical tools in the world but he's missing that all important ingredient that separates the winners from the losers.

The great ones don't come up empty handed when down by four points with three minutes to go in their very first game with their new team. The great ones become the HEROES, not the goats.

Last edited:
31-0?

Do you mean 31 years, no Super Bowl wins???

1976pats said:
31-0?

LMAO! Good one. BTW, welcome to the board!

1976pats said:
31-0?

:rocker: Don't look now, but feel just got punked!! Nice one 1976!

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes