PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NE -0 Buffalo 31

Status
Not open for further replies.
feelthepain said:
We were 4 points behind with the ball and 3 minutes to go, we didn't get killed. Daunte made two bad plays it's gonna happen. Life goes on and their are still 15 games left in the season.
Yo dude. Pittsburgh had a backup QB. If Miami thinks they're going to win the division, they gotta go in and win those games. With Ben, you probably would have been 14 down, not 4.

Oh, with the game on the line, Daunte made two bad plays? What does that tell you? I watched him all night long and I can't recall him making too many third down throws. One was given to him on an obvious penalty. I guess you can come back next week after your Buffalo game and tell us how good you are again.

What that Dolphins-Steelers game showed us is that Daunte this year is the Daunte from last year. He was not accurate at all, didn't appear to be decisive, and did not make good decisions on those interceptions.

I still think the Dolphins will finish at 10-6 though, due to the incredibly easy schedule.

What the Dolphins @ Steelers game shows, is playoff caliber teams have more weapons then just a starting QB. Cassel showed you how that works leading the reserves last season. Thursday's opener should serve as a wake-up call to you, your fellow fans, and the fellow travelers in the punditocracy, Miami is not playing like a playoff caliber team in week one. There is still time to turn it around, expecially with the soft schedule, but Indy has documented the benefits, or lack thereof, with soft schedules, which is one of the concerns I have for the Pats this season.

Although I think starting this thread was silly, I agree that the Fins are not done just because of that one game. They could have won that game, but they did what bad teams do- coughed it up in the clutch. Still, with their improvements and easy schedule I expect them to take the wild card, just as I have all along. And I expect them to lose on wild card weekend. I'm no Culpepper fan, but their weak DBs and lack of RB depth is what will ultimately kill them in the end, I think. You can compensate for a flakey QB with great D and a great running game, and they don't have it this year. Brown will be exhausted halfway into the season.

Last edited:
Kdo5 said:
Maybe if they bring in Harrington. :rofl:

If I am not mistaken, didn't they bring in Harrington??

I must've missed the part where Miami released a locker room leader 4 days before the game ...

Look, face facts. This Miami team is very flawed. The D is OK, and the skill position players are pretty good (good receivers, good TE, good RB), but they have major holes that just can't be covered up in the O-line, secondary, and the QB just isn't as good as folks think he is. The positives make wins possible, but the negatives are too much to make this team very good.

They are what they are: a mediocre team with a pretty easy schedule. If they are very lucky and avoid major injuries, they may sneak into a wildcard.

Buck up ... that's a lot better than they were two years ago. But the Super Bowl hype was WAY overdone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes