Welcome to PatsFans.com

Myron Pryor in game 1, and his impact this week and beyond.

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by The-Hooded-One, Sep 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The-Hooded-One

The-Hooded-One Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Pryor was very good against the Dolphins, especially as it seems he was a gametime decision with a groin injury. That play where he exploded into the backfield to grab Henne with Vince coming to clean up with a big hit was a thing of beauty.

I think Pryor is going to be key against Rivers this weekend, and a very important piece of the pass rush going forward. A 3rd down pass rush of Anderson, Pryor, Haynesworth and Carter could be very, very good.
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2011
  2. IndyKen

IndyKen Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

I like the thought of SD having to double team Haynesworth in that situation, hopefully then creating a 1 on 1 for Pryor to exploit.
  3. AzPatsFan

AzPatsFan Rookie

Ratings:
    +225 / 20 / -10

I understand that Mo Pryor was very highly recuited out of high school. His college experience was marred by lots of dings, and flashes of brilliance.

I was surprised when the Pats selected him since he is much in the tradition of smaller penetrating defensive tackles like Thomas and Randle of the Vikings a decade ago. That was/is not the style the Patriots play. But with the conversion to a 4-3 he may have come into his own.
  4. signbabybrady

signbabybrady On the Roster

Ratings:
    +169 / 1 / -1

#24 Jersey

I see Pryor in the mold of Wright and Jarvis Green. More like Wright as Jarvis was more of an end and Wright and Pryor more interior guys. But they all are/were talented pass rushers who dont fit in as starters in this system but are almost as important.
  5. sbpatfan

sbpatfan Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

6. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +62 / 3 / -0

#91 Jersey

One of my Very Favorite moments from last year. :rocker:
  7. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

We need to injure his groin every week!

Rivers is a statue in the pocket, and if the passrush is as designed, the D-line should be able to pin their ears back and attack a spot. As much as I hate Rivers, he is pretty fearless back there....

can't wait
  8. Ochmed Jones

Ochmed Jones Rookie

Ratings:
    +14 / 2 / -0

#12 Jersey

When both are healthy, Wright and Pryor bring inside quickness to the pass rush.

If San Diego doubles down inside, we should be able to get to Rivers as often as we want with D gap blitzes.
  9. letekro

letekro Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 2 / -3

Pryor is on another level athletically than those guys. He is explosive, those guys are "try-hard" guys. Now he just needs to stay healthy and hungry.
  10. vuudu

vuudu Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

I was amazed by his speed. I was in awe!. (disclaimer, don't kill me Teddy, Rodney, Willie)
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2011
  11. signbabybrady

signbabybrady On the Roster

Ratings:
    +169 / 1 / -1

#24 Jersey

Wright is definitely a Try Hard guy but I wouldn't put Jarvis in that category. He had a pretty good burst himself during his best days granter he was an end and is supposed to have more burst than interior guys.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.