PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

my pre combine first round mock draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting. You have any links? I don't remember reading anything about it being shot down.

No but as a Bronco fan, I'm pretty much on their forums almost as much as I am here.

#22 New England Patriots. Jared Odrick DE

Odrick? Who Dat?

#31 New Orleans Saints. Lamarr Houston, DT
#32 Indianapolis Colts. Jahvid Best, RB
what do you guys think ?

I think you definitely got the draft order mixed up. :) Saints picking #32. Superbowl champs, baby!! :rocker:

Looking for feedback on my pre-combine 1st rd (+2nd rd pats picks) mock 2.0 After posting an initial precombine mock I did some research and made some edits. Thoughts? What jumps out to me is Dan Williams into the 2nd rd. I've seen a lot different opinions on the guy and he could easily get into rd 1. Steelers maybe to replace Hampton.

#1 St. Louis Rams. Ndamukong Suh, DT - when your giving 50 mil at #1 and its not a QB you gotta take the surest thing.

#2 Detroit Lions - Gerald McCoy, DT - could go a number of different ways. OL would be nice to protect Stafford but I see Schwartz staying with his roots and going D

#3 Tampa Bay Buccaneers. - Russell Okung ,LT Tampa has needs everywhere. This is the first spot that you could see a deal. I can see tampa staying safe and taking the best tackle in the draft and a starter for 10 years

#4 Washington Redskins - QB, Sam Bradford - Shannahan likes mobile accurate QB's to run his Offense. I can see Bradford running that fake bootleg offense. Very accurate Gotta shake the shotgun out of him though

#5 Kansas City Chiefs. Eric Berry, S good spot for a deal if someone is in love w/ claussen. Tough to pass on the best safety to come out in years although i think Pioli takes a long look at Haden

#6 Seattle Seahawks. Anthony Davis, T, Pete carrol wants to win now and needs to protect Hasstleback

#7 Cleveland Browns. Joe Haden, CB great fit right here. Mangina knows the value of a shut down corner

#8 Oakland Raiders. Derrick Morgan, DE/OLB probably the best pure passruser in the draft

#9 Buffalo Bills. Jimmy Clausen, QB - everything I read points to either Bradford or Clauseen not getting by the bills

#10 Jacksonville Jaguars. Jason Pierre-Paul DE/OLB - a lot of different opinions of this guy. Jax needs to get a sack guy because they were last in the league last year

#11 Denver Broncos Dez Bryant, WR will replace Marshell

#12 Miami Dolphins. Ronaldo Mclain, ILB This is a gift hear for the Dolphins

#13 San Francisco. Carlos Dunlop, DE/OLB should be able to improve SF's pass rush although he is dogged by the "takes plays off" label. Another Physical freak.

#14 Seattle Seahawks. CJ Spiller, RB Seattle takes a playmaker who will probably be the offensive ROY

#15 New York Giants. Sean Wetherspoon, ILB good fit here as wetherspoon replaces Pierce in the middle

#16 Tennessee Titans. Maurkice Pauncey,C with Mawae heading to free agency Tenn looks to replace him at Center

#17 San Francisco 49ers. Trent Williams, OL 49ers need to protect Alex smith

#18 Pittsburgh Steelers. Mike Iupati, G Steelers need to rework their OL. This will help

#19 Atlanta Falcons. Patrick Robertson, CB - Big and Physical CB will help Atl pass D

#20 Houston Texans. Taylor Mays, S - Texans grab the centerfielder they need to match up vs the colts twice year

#21 Cincinnati Bengals. Jermaine Gresham,TE - pathetic offense needs help

#22 New England Patriots. Brandon Graham OLB, If wilfork goes than Dan Williams could be considered here. In projecting Graham's draft spot I see Miami/SF as possible spots.

#23 Green Bay Packers. Bryan,Bulaga - should take over for Chad Clifton and protect Rodgers blindside

#24 Philadelphia Eagles. Bruce Campbell, OT This is a very deep 1st rd for OT. Campbell could be taken anywhere after 15

#25 Baltimore Ravens. - Golden Tate, WR gotta help Flacco out questin is who do the Ravens Like

#26 Arizona Cardinals. Sergio Kindle, OLB Texas will replace Dansby. Can set the edge and rush the passer.

#27 Dallas Cowboys. Everson Griffen DE/OLB - Dallas puts another big pass rusher opposite Ware

#28 San Diego Chargers. Jonathan Dwyer, RB SD have the explosive 3rd down back (if they keep sproles) but they need a hammer to supplant LT.

#29 New York Jets. - Earl Thomas, S, Jets draft a replacement for Hobson who they were down on.

#30 Minnesota Vikings - Kareem Jackson CB, Minn needs a replacement for Winfield. Jackson will be a riser in the combine

#31 Indianapolis Colts. Brian Price DT, Colts get some depth on the DL with the disruptive Price

#32 New Orleans Saints., Jared Odrick ,DT solid value here with the high moter odrick

New England 2nd round:

#44 Ryan Matthews
#47 Brandon Spikes
#53 Mardy Gillard

Last edited:
No but as a Bronco fan, I'm pretty much on their forums almost as much as I am here.

What is the addy to to Broncos message board? I want to drop in occasionally. Thx

I think we will take brandon graham, or sergio kindle with our first pick, possibly sean witherspoon even tho he fits more as an ilb in our scheme

I woud love to see Graham there for the Pats, among some others.

I'm not sure Clausen & Bradford will make it out of the top 10. I think St Louis will take Suh, and if not, will trade down a few spots, and take a QB. To me it's Suh though. If the Rams go with Suh, then I think Clausen goes to the Skins at #4, and Bradford goes to the Seahawks at #6. It's a perfect opportunity for the Seahawks, with new management, to take a QB high, with a Hasslebeck still lingering to teach him the ropes. I do agree that the Bills would absolutely swallow one of those two QB's up, if they are there for the taking. Don't be surprised to see the Bills move up ahead of the Seahawks, to the Chiefs slot at #5, to get one of the top 2 QB's. We all know Pioli is from the value school of trading down. It would make sense for Pioli since he'd save significant cash in paying the #9 pick, as opposed to the #5, while adding extra picks for a talentless roster. Personally, of the two QB's, I'm high on Clausen. So long as he's not the knucklehead some say he is. The kid has all the tools IMO.

I think in that scenario we'd have to take Bulaga. I don't know whether Bulaga on the left and Vollmer on the right or vice-versa would be the better configuration, but I'm sure Brady would be getting hit less either way.

Last edited:
good point dryheat, i think it's imperative if there isnt an obvious value pick then we have to take an olb/de, or ot...b. graham, kindle, norwood, witherspoon, bulaga, trent williams, anthony davis, etc..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes