PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

My Pats Mock using CBS/DS Rankings

Status
Not open for further replies.

nickw308810

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
17 JJ Watt DE Wisconsin

This guy could become a force and now that we have signed Stroud, would be allowed some time to develop. Great athlete and upside.

28 *trade to San Francisco for 45 and 76. Harbaugh jumps up to get a QB at an inexpensive price.

33 Akeem Ayers OLB UCLA

I know a lot of people aren't big fans, but I really believe this guy is better against the run than many here believe and is also a very solid athlete. He can play on all three downs, can rush the passer and is one of the better OLB's in coverage.

45 Brooks Reed OLB Arizona

Now we add a more natural pass rusher. A linebacker core of Cunningham, Ninkovich, Ayers and Reed would offer us a ton of versatility and be the most talented group we have had in awhile. BB would have fun with these guys.

60 Stefan Wisniewski OG/C Penn State
74 James Carptenter OT Alabama
76 Clint Boling OG Georgia

The OL is one of our biggest areas of need and one of the most important parts of the time. This is an athletic group of players who have played at a high level and seem to fit what we generally look for.

92 Shane Vereen RB Cal

I love the idea of a mid round back with great upside. Gamebreaking threat in the run game and on special teams and can catch the ball out of the backfield.

125 Trade for 2012 3rd Rounder

While I would have liked to gotten us a higher round pick for 2012, we have a lot of needs this year that need to be addressed as we continue to build for now and the future. I know it is a late 4th for a 3rd, but I have a feeling a team like Houston or Jacksonville, with coaches who are on the hot seat and need to win now, would gladly pay that price if someone is there that can help them this year.

159 Joe Lefeged S Rutgers

I couldn't make my mind up about this pick, but I went with a S with great size and athleticism from a program BB knows a lot about. There is room for depth at S and this guy could be a special teams ace while he develops.

193 Mark Herzlich LB Boston College

Kind of a homer pick, but this guy was once a 1st round talent and this is too much value to pass up. I think ultimately he would end up as an ILB, which right now is pretty crowded, but I could imagine Guyton not signing a new contract with us after his expires. He has proven he can be a starting LB in this league and I think someone will offer him a much bigger contract than we are willing to go. Herzlich can fill that role and possibly Tracy White's as a special team demon.

I would be happy with that pick. I don't think we will draft Watt mainly because of this stupid agent, look at the Payton situation. When we draft a 1st rounder, we expect him to be with us for a very long time and his agent is not going to help.

I can live with that trade.

I am not a fan of Ayers, cause he is not a good pass rusher and he plays too soft, however if since your mock have Watt, i think Ayers is a nice complement.

I really don't see Bill draft 2 OLBs, he rarely drafts them, especially one after the other, but he is a good pass rusher and now we would get a nice rotation of OLB. I like it but i think it is very unlikely to happen.

I see you draft all the OL needs, with some great players that i like but i can't envision drafting 3 OL in a row, maybe 2. I see the pats drafting a guy down the road, maybe a DB or a RB in the 2nd instead of one OL.

I want Ryan William in the second but it would be a good pick at that place.

Dependents who we trade with.

I like the pick since he is from the same school as McCourty, i don't think he will be there since there are lots of S needs in the league, just because this draft is thin at S doesn't mean people won't draft them, specially in the later rounds.

I hope we get this guy, he has PATS written all of him.

I like the mock, i don't see it happening tho and you addressed all the needs, good job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Back