PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

My opinion: Martellus Bennett and Sam Bradford should treasure the 2016-2017 season

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think BB knew Anderson wasn't worth the money someone else would give him. It remains to be seen if that is the case with Bennett.

We all know BB has been enamored with the two TE offense for a long time, and getting a TE who is equivalent to Bennett is more difficult to find than DEs like Anderson.

True but I just don't see BB allocating a ton of cap space on 2 TEs. Especially since Bennett is not that young anymore. I mean, he would receive a fair offer but not top 5 offer.

As we've seen, it only takes one other team to decide to break the bank. It almost never ends well for that team, but GMs need to be seen doing something...

I think BB knew Anderson wasn't worth the money someone else would give him. It remains to be seen if that is the case with Bennett.

We all know BB has been enamored with the two TE offense for a long time, and getting a TE who is equivalent to Bennett is more difficult to find than DEs like Anderson.

AND it's a TE that's already won a ring. Who also legitimately doesn't care if he scores or anyone else, so long as they win. Pairing Bennett with a guy like that is gold. It rubs off and you can see it already.

True but I just don't see BB allocating a ton of cap space on 2 TEs. Especially since Bennett is not that young anymore. I mean, he would receive a fair offer but not top 5 offer.
Bennett is a bit of a different guy, I don't know if his career earnings are real high but, he might place a lot of value on playing somewhere he loves.

Bennett is a bit of a different guy, I don't know if his career earnings are real high but, he might place a lot of value on playing somewhere he loves.

He certainly has a lot more publicity now playing for the Pats than he had in his entire career combined with the Giants and Bears.

It's something that players really need to consider.. playing for a perennial contender for a decent salary and have constant media publicity... or to take top dollar and disappear into irrelevancy

Bennett has pubished his own childres book line, so he should seriously weigh the publicity he will drive playing for the Pats vs a few million more dollars he'd get in the short term from a pretender team

Bennett seems a pretty smart person beyond football. The situation he has now is as good as it gets football wise.

In the Red Zone there are now 3 players who warrant double coverage, Gronk is gonna get a lot of double coverage, leaving Bennett in a lot of 1 on 1 situations, This is a rare thing for a pro bowl caliber TE like Bennett and he is smart enough to know it.

That said if he goes elsewhere for big money I will understand FB players have short professional careers and a limited window to cash in. I hope he has managed his money well and is looking for an optimum situation for the rest of his career. He and Gronk over a few years could be a legendary and lethal combination at TE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes