PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

My mock using a simulator

I think you gave up too much for the trade with LAC. The 3rd pick is worth 2200, but 5 and 37 is 2230. I would only do that with 5, 37 straight up (maybe kick in a late round pick.) I do however like the trade down from 37.

Two tackles and two WR is a thumbs up. Hicks is a major steal at 137. Supposedly this is a very weak draft for safety and in RL he probably doesn't last that long. For pick 103 it depends on who else is available. I'm much less bullish on the current state of the NE offense than many on this board and personally I'd like to see NE come out of the draft with more offensive weapons. (Sometimes the board dictates picks like that, i.e., the value of a player is too good to pass regardless of need.) This is of course all subjective!

I haven't been on my home computer to do one of these since a week ago Thursday... This one's from Pro Football Network:

11. J.J. McCarthy QB Michigan. Commandos took Maye, so I first traded 3 for 6, 47 & a 7th then 6 & 231 for 11, 129, 157, 230, 232 & a 5th... I prayed that neither NO, LV or Denver would trade with any of the Titties, Failcons, Bears or Jete; and my prayer was answered... Thanks Ganja Satan!

34. Kingsley Suamataia OT BYU. No ****ing-around with this one. Chucky might have to start the season at LT until this kid figures it out...

60. Roman Wilson WR Michigan. All of WRs Legette & Polk and FS Tyler Nubin were gone by 47, so I traded it, 232 & a 7th for 60, 144 & a 3rd... Normally I would've taken Pearsall here, but having McCarthy makes RWilson more valuable to us than he would've been if we took another QB.

85. Calen Bullock FS USC. First I traded 68 & a 7th for 71, 186 & a 5th then 71 for 85, 156, a 4th & a 6th... I have enough picks now to afford to take defensive players too; and Free Safety is our #1 need there IMO.

103. Brenden Rice WR USC. I always intended to double-up at WR; Son Of Jerry was one of the very last ones of that caliber available with the size I now had to seek to counter-balance the Roman Wilson pick.

129. Theo Johnson TE Penn State. Ganja Satan once again answered my prayer that Johnson would be available here; because I was seriously thinking of taking him at 103... In-line monster, match-up freak.

144. Will Shipley RB Clemson. Surprised he was still available here... Ganja Satan loves me!

145. Javon Foster OT Missouri. Traded 137, 186 & a 5th for 145, 203, 207 & a 4th... I always intended to double-up at OT as well as at WR; Foster has oodles of LT experience with the size to switch to RT.

156. Elijah Jones CB Boston College. Outside CB is our #2 need on defense.

157. Tommy Eichenberg LB Ohio State. One of our Midfielders of the Future (with Marty McPoo, who is NOT a Safety)

180. Cornelius Johnson WR Michigan. Big, athletic, smart, and another familiar target for JJ.

193. Brennan Jackson ED Washington State. Enough speed & size to provide juice vs the pass without being a turnstile vs the run.

203. Nehemiah Pritchett CB Auburn. Easily the best CB still available.

207. Fabien Lovett DT Florida State. I was so bummed that Denver chose Jordan Jefferson at 137 with the pick I traded them... Best of a flawed lot; but we need another Beef Curtain so I hope he can help, though he more closely resembles a 3-Tech than a 0/1-Tech.

230. Trevor Keegan LG Michigan. Another Friend of JJ, this time as a protector... He's an athletic freak with better size than Strange69... His short arms won't allow him to play LT; so I would try to work him at Center...

2025 BUF 3rd

2025 CLE 4th

2025 DEN 4th

2025 ARI 5th

2025 MIN 6th

Last edited:
There's a New mock in town, courtesy of ESPN... Unlike PFN, MockDraftDatabase & DraftBuzz, this one doesn't initiate trades, but is very amenable to making them with you (I went from 3 to 4 to 5 to 6 to 11 because Maye went #2 to DC)... Rankings are somewhat different than the others as well...

Round 1, Pick 11
QB J.J. McCarthy Michigan Rk: 12
Chance available at Pick 10% Chance available at Next Pick <5%

Round 2, Pick 34
OT Tyler Guyton Oklahoma Rk: 31
Chance available at Pick 20% Chance available at Next Pick <5%

Round 2, Pick 51
WR Ricky Pearsall Florida Rk: 45
Chance available at Pick 77% Chance available at Next Pick 41%

Round 3, Pick 68
Safety Cole Bishop Utah Rk: 58
Chance available at Pick 77% Chance available at Next Pick 65%

Round 3, Pick 76
WR Brenden Rice USC Rk: 80
Chance available at Pick 87% Chance available at Next Pick 75%

Round 3, Pick 91
OT Kiran Amegadjie Yale Rk: 87
Chance available at Pick 76% Chance available at Next Pick 57%

Round 4, Pick 103
TE Cade Stover Ohio State Rk: 76
Chance available at Pick 44% Chance available at Next Pick 24%

Round 4, Pick 121
CB Caelen Carson Wake Forest Rk: 103
Chance available at Pick 86% Chance available at Next Pick 83%

Round 4, Pick 126
ED Jalyx Hunt Houston Christian Rk: 165
Chance available at Pick >95% Chance available at Next Pick 93%

Round 5, Pick 137
RB Isaac Guerendo Louisville Rk: 153
Chance available at Pick 94% Chance available at Next Pick 86%

Round 5, Pick 157
DT Jordan Jefferson LSU Rk: 177
Chance available at Pick >95% Chance available at Next Pick >95%

Round 6, Pick 180
ED Myles Cole Texas Tech Rk: 117
Chance available at Pick 86% Chance available at Next Pick 71%

Round 6, Pick 209
CB Decamerion Richardson Miss. State Rk: 161
Chance available at Pick 67% Chance available at Next Pick 64%

Round 6, Pick 213
OL Sataoa Laumea Utah Rk: 114
Chance available at Pick 30% Chance available at Next Pick 25%

Round 7, Pick 223
WR Jalen Coker Holy Cross Rk: 293
Chance available at Pick 70% Chance available at Next Pick 66%

Round 7, Pick 229
K Joshua Karty Stanford Rk: 314
Chance available at Pick >95%

My big regret was not taking RB Will Shipley at 126, because he was gone by 137...I wanted to ensure that I left the draft with DT Jordan Jefferson or better, as opposed to my previous mock... I drafted two EDs, but I envision Hunt playing farther from the LOS than Cole in a role similar to that which Jamie Collins played... At 213 I was going to take Michigan OLman Trevor Keegan but was beaten to him so I instead took the best OLman available regardless of position in Sataoa Laumea; maybe I'll cross-train him at Center too... I also envision Pearsall taking snaps inside as well as outside, so one more Outside WR isn't one too many in this case, with some local flavah to boot!

Attachments

• 1713214962372.png
    1713214962372.png
    2.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
There's a New mock in town, courtesy of ESPN... Unlike PFN, MockDraftDatabase & DraftBuzz, this one doesn't initiate trades, but is very amenable to making them with you (I went from 3 to 4 to 5 to 6 to 11)... Rankings are somewhat different than the others as well...

Round 1, Pick 11
QB J.J. McCarthy Michigan Rk: 12
Chance available at Pick 10% Chance available at Next Pick <5%

Round 2, Pick 34
OT Tyler Guyton Oklahoma Rk: 31
Chance available at Pick 20% Chance available at Next Pick <5%

Round 2, Pick 51
WR Ricky Pearsall Florida Rk: 45
Chance available at Pick 77% Chance available at Next Pick 41%

Round 3, Pick 68
Safety Cole Bishop Utah Rk: 58
Chance available at Pick 77% Chance available at Next Pick 65%

Round 3, Pick 76
WR Brenden Rice USC Rk: 80
Chance available at Pick 87% Chance available at Next Pick 75%

Round 3, Pick 91
OT Kiran Amegadjie Yale Rk: 87
Chance available at Pick 76% Chance available at Next Pick 57%

Round 4, Pick 103
TE Cade Stover Ohio State Rk: 76
Chance available at Pick 44% Chance available at Next Pick 24%

Round 4, Pick 121
CB Caelen Carson Wake Forest Rk: 103
Chance available at Pick 86% Chance available at Next Pick 83%

Round 4, Pick 126
ED Jalyx Hunt Houston Christian Rk: 165
Chance available at Pick >95% Chance available at Next Pick 93%

Round 5, Pick 137
RB Isaac Guerendo Louisville Rk: 153
Chance available at Pick 94% Chance available at Next Pick 86%

Round 5, Pick 157
DT Jordan Jefferson LSU Rk: 177
Chance available at Pick >95% Chance available at Next Pick >95%

Round 6, Pick 180
ED Myles Cole Texas Tech Rk: 117
Chance available at Pick 86% Chance available at Next Pick 71%

Round 6, Pick 209
CB Decamerion Richardson Miss. State Rk: 161
Chance available at Pick 67% Chance available at Next Pick 64%

Round 6, Pick 213
OL Sataoa Laumea Utah Rk: 114
Chance available at Pick 30% Chance available at Next Pick 25%

Round 7, Pick 223
WR Jalen Coker Holy Cross Rk: 293
Chance available at Pick 70% Chance available at Next Pick 66%

Round 7, Pick 229
K Joshua Karty Stanford Rk: 314
Chance available at Pick >95%

My big regret was not taking RB Will Shipley at 126, because he was gone by 137...I wanted to ensure that I left the draft with DT Jordan Jefferson or better, as opposed to my previous mock... I drafted two EDs, but I envision Hunt playing farther from the LOS than Cole in a role similar to that which Jamie Collins played... At 213 I was going to take Michigan OLman Trevor Keegan but was beaten to him so I instead took the best OLman available regardless of position in Sataoa Laumea; maybe I'll cross-train him at Center too... I also envision Pearsall taking snaps inside as well as outside, so one more Outside WR isn't one too many in this case, with some local flavah to boot!
That's a really productive draft.
- 7 picks in the first 103, rather than the original 4
- Nice use of the additional picks: Pearsall (2nd), Rice and Amagadjie (3rd), Carson and Hunt (4th), Jefferson (5th)
- Three receivers, including two early
- Addressed the offense: QB, WRx3, OTx2, TE and RB - plus an IOL late.
- Defense was not forgotten: S in the 3rd, CB 4th and 6th; good players at DT, Edge and Edge/LB
- Lost out on Shipley, sure - but Guerendo looks really good; he could be an effective KR with new kickoff rules.

This kind of draft makes a compelling case for trading down if the team is not in love with whatever QB is left at #3.

Just did this one at DraftBuzz... Too many trades to mention - most were offers I accepted, the rest were initiated by me - but they all started because da Bears took Drake Maye at #1, and Atlanta fooled me by taking McCarthy at #8!

PICK: 22 RND: 1
Bo NIX QB Oregon

PICK: 34 RND: 2
Tyler GUYTON OT Oklahoma

PICK: 45 RND: 2
Payton WILSON LB North Carolina State

PICK: 52 RND: 2
Ja'Tavion SANDERS TE Texas

PICK: 68 RND: 3
Brenden RICE WR USC

PICK: 82 RND: 3
Calen BULLOCK FS USC

PICK: 103 RND: 4
Will SHIPLEY RB Clemson

PICK: 117 RND: 4
Javon FOSTER OT Missouri

PICK: 120 RND: 4
DJ JAMES CB Auburn

PICK: 137 RND: 5
Luke MCCAFFREY WR Rice

PICK: 154 RND: 5
Jalyx HUNT OLB/ED Houston Christian

PICK: 161 RND: 5
Jordan JEFFERSON DT LSU

PICK: 170 RND: 5
Tip REIMAN TE Illinois

PICK: 171 RND: 5
Chau SMITH-WADE CB Washington State

PICK: 180 RND: 6
Trevor KEEGAN LG Michigan

PICK: 193 RND: 6
Logan LEE DL Iowa

PICK: 195 RND: 6
Kamal HADDEN CB Tennessee

PICK: 256 RND: 7 (NE)
Jalen COKER WR Holy Cross

PICK: 257 RND: 7 (NE)
C.J. HANSON C Holy Cross

NEXT YEAR'S PICKS:
RND: 1
RND: 1
RND: 2
RND: 2
RND: 3
RND: 4
RND: 5
RND: 6
RND: 7
RND: 7

PLAYERS GAINED:

Lynn BOWDEN RB/WR

Evan HULL RB

Jaylon JONES DB

Stanley MORGAN WR

John PENISINI DT

Trevor PENNING OT

A.T. PERRY WR

Ben SKOWRONEK WR

Cedrick WILSON JR WR

PLAYERS TRADED AWAY:

Andrew STUEBER RT

Atonio MAFI RG

Isaiah BOLDEN DB

Joshuah BLEDSOE S

JuJu SMITH-SCHUSTER Garbage

Kayshon BOUTTE WR

Nick LEVERETT OG

Riley REIFF Finished

Ty MONTGOMERY Sucks

Tyquan THORNTON Bust

Last edited:
Listening to Felger usually gives me a headache but today he made sense. And with the Pats taking a last look at Penix is intriguing. It's most likely not going to happen, but trading down with say Atlanta would put them in an ideal spot to select his favorite weapon in Odunze. Trade back into the end of the 1st to grab Penix. Then you should be able to land your LT with the Atlanta 2nd.

The rest is gravy but I love what I was able to get the rest of the way.

Screenshot 2024-04-16 143804.jpgScreenshot 2024-04-16 143738.jpg

Another from DraftBuzz, this time with the page saved:

I wish this site kept track of trade details, because I made too many to remember... Once again, I lost-out on Maye & McCarthy, so it became Trade-Down City... I do like being able to trade players as well as picks; and that allows me to take out the trash while not giving-up quite as much to the other team.

Last edited:
Another from DraftBuzz, this time with the page saved:

I wish this site kept track of trade details, because I made too many to remember... Once again, I lost-out on Maye & McCarthy, so it became Trade-Down City... I do like being able to trade players as well as picks; and that allows me to take out the trash while not giving-up quite as much to the other team.
Great job. A lot of people are forgetting we have no viable free safety. So drafting one is smart.

And you were able to do a do-over getting that stout FB Hunter Luepke from a couple of drafts ago.

1713302160331.png

@jmt57 I traded back at 34, gained 106 and gave up 231. Took McMillan after listening to Phil Perry talk about him being a possible NEP pick. I have managed to get Stover often, same with Jones, was shocked that Sweat dropped to 106, so I snapped him up. Surprised to see PFN dropped his value to low 90's. I had seen him go earlier in the mock season as high as bottom of R1. Not familiar with Jarian Jones, he was best CB available. Took Logan at 193 only because I knew @captain stone loves him some safeties. ;)

Great job. A lot of people are forgetting we have no viable free safety. So drafting one is smart.

And you were able to do a do-over getting that stout FB Hunter Luepke from a couple of drafts ago.

Yeah I've tried to target dudes I had noticed from prior drafts or had previous connections to the Pats/New England.. Jamaree Salyer, Jalen Tolbert, Luepke, GillyLock, Bradley Bozeman... and the crowning jewel: Orlando Brown Jr!

And look at all the useless ****ing junk of which I was able to rid ourselves too: Mister Anderson, JuJu, Booty, Reiffer, TyMonty, BoneyT...

View attachment 57621

@jmt57 I traded back at 34, gained 106 and gave up 231. Took McMillan after listening to Phil Perry talk about him being a possible NEP pick. I have managed to get Stover often, same with Jones, was shocked that Sweat dropped to 106, so I snapped him up. Surprised to see PFN dropped his value to low 90's. I had seen him go earlier in the mock season as high as bottom of R1. Not familiar with Jarian Jones, he was best CB available. Took Logan at 193 only because I knew @captain stone loves him some safeties. ;)

Yeah the two DTs thought to be Day 2 locks, Sweat & McKinley Jackson, might now be headed toward Day 3, especially Jackson.

And I do love me some Safeties... Free Safeties that is... I might've taken the Air Force kid Taylor if he was still available at 193; Logan's exactly the type of unathletic, physically unimpressive SS/FS 'tweener I despise, like Bedsore.

I’m a Luddite so this mock isn’t using some machine. I’m the machine. And not just a love machine.

TRADES:
#3 to Chargers for 5, 110, 181
#5 to Vikings for this year’s 11 & 23 ( first next year)
103 and 110 to Ravens for 62
181 and 193 to Washington for 139

11. JJ McCarthy, QB, Michigan
The Krafts and fans like this. The Penix steak date was fake.
23. Amarius Mims, OT, Georgia
Inexperienced but massive potential
34. Javon Bullard, S, Georgia
Playmaker. Can he be the FS we desperately need? He was the one who saved the playoff game two years ago in knocking out Ohio State’s Harrison.
62. Jalen McMillan, WR, Washington
Probably gone here. If so, just take the other Husky Big Three wideouts in Ja’Lynn Polk.
68. Blake Fisher, OT, Notre Dame
Lost in all the Alt hype. Put Onwenu back where he belongs—and excels.
137. Braelon Allen, RB, Wisconsin
RBs have short careers. Need the pipeline filled.
139. Ben Sinnott, TE, Kansas State
Mr Do-everything. Tough and clutch.
180. Justin Eboigbe, DE, Alabama
Wanted WR here, but Judon won’t be around forever. And the injuries always stack up. Evan L says he just looks like a Patriot.
231. Malik Washington, WR, Virginia
5’8” midget but hard nosed, explosive, and fast. Just gets it done. We might let this short person live.

Last edited:
Just finished one this morning on PFN... Lost Maye to the Commandos again, and the trade with LV from 3 to 13 was the only one offered... Don't even bother trying to initiate trades here from #3; you'll only get raped... Lost McCarthy to the Vikings at 11 in the process, unfortunately...

29. Bo Nix QB Oregon; it was either he or Michael Penix... Sorry State!

34. Adonai Mitchell WR Texas; First time that both he fell to me at 34 and that Suamataia was already gone by then.

54. Payton Wilson LB NC State; Patrick Paul was gone by now too.

68. Kiran Amegadjie OT Yale; not ****ing-around here.

80. Cole Bishop S Utah; it was either he or Calen Bullock.

85. Will Shipley RB Clemson; Earlier than I usually take a 3rd-Down Back, but I have enough picks now to somewhat over-draft in order to ensure grabbing my target, and I'm not taking two defenders in a row this early.

97. T'Vondre Sweat NT Texas; never thought that 3 of my first 7 picks would be defenders, but I have the picks now and the need + value was too great to pass-up, same with Payton Wilson... Gotta pray to Ganja Satan for these next couple...

107. Brenden Rice WR USC

116. Theo Johnson TE Penn State

126. Khyree Jackson CB Oregon; these last 3 picks could not have gone any better for me if I had tried.

150. Christian Jones OT Texas; lost-out on Javon Foster to Bawlmore at 130 so I traded 143 & a 7th next year for 150 & 170.

156. Jonah Elliss ED/LB Utah; PFN doesn't like him as much as the other sites... And don't we have one of his brothers on the team too?

170. Tyrone Tracy Jr. RB/Slot Purdue; roster spot-saving Weppun: backup/insurance for Shipley and competition for Pop.

194. Logan Lee DE/3-Tech Iowa; lost-out on CB Nehemiah Pritchett at 182 so I traded 183 to GB for 194 & 245.

206. Dallin Holker TE Colorado State; one last Weppun.

227. DeCamerion Richardson CB Mississippi State

256. Walter Rouse OT Oklahoma

257. Trevor Keegan OG Michigan; didn't know which of them to take so I traded 245 & my last 7th next year to the gulp Jete for Mister Irrelevant X 2... Both Rouse & Keegan will go MUCH earlier than this of course.

2025 PIT 2nd
2025 CLE 3rd
2025 LAR 5th
2025 LV 6th
2025 MIN 6th

Did this one at lunch.
1713372231820.png
1713372271308.png
1713372315358.png

Minnesota offered "the bag", so I took it. I think it was a little unrealistic that JJM fell to me anyway, but you never know. Fuaga fixes the tackle spot. Washington then offered a bag as well to move from 34 to 36, so I did that, getting Legette and Sanders as a result of the trade back. Braswell was best edge available, as was CB Hart at his position at #103. Zinter was a nice pick up to get depth at the line, the speedy Guerendo and then I was shocked to grab McCaffrey at #180. The rest were BPA, save for the @captain stone Invitational pick at #232.

Even though I feel McCarthy is overrated, he's unlikely to get out of the top 10 now that his hype has pushed his stock up so much.

The real question is if a top WR is available at #11 and if you can get a 2nd tier QB like a Bo Nix or Michael Penix Jr. at #23. If they are both gone at 23 you go for a tackle who has a chance to start and go for a Rattler type after trading down in the 2nd maybe. The real issue with these mocks is if you trade, the scenario gets increasingly unrealistic.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back