PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

My friend is convinced Pitt would have killed us in AFCC

Status
Not open for further replies.

tombonneau

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Watched the SB with a Pitt fan, and he is convinced had we beat Denver Pit would have killed NE. I told him he is out of his mind.

Maybe they would have won, I'll give you that, but I think NE would have been 3.5-4 pt favorites in that game and prob. would have beaten Pit soundly, given past history of firmly handling Pit in the post-season.

I know I know its just woulda coulda speculation, but its a long time to the draft and thought I'd just bring it up.

So what are all y'alls thoughts on the What If...? scenario. A few bounces go Pats way in Denver and they host Pit.

I actually think given how crusing Pit was in the playoffs they would have had a real solid chance of beating us, but no way would they "kill" us.

Thoughts?

I think it would have been a lot closer than everyone thinks. Going into that game (Denver/Pitt), I was thinking how we could have killed Pittsburgh. This was all without knowing that Brady had a sports hernia though....

I mean, would we just be prolonging the inevitable?

They cetainly would have if we played like we did in Denver.

tombonneau said:
Watched the SB with a Pitt fan, and he is convinced had we beat Denver Pit would have killed NE. I told him he is out of his mind.

Maybe they would have won, I'll give you that, but I think NE would have been 3.5-4 pt favorites in that game and prob. would have beaten Pit soundly, given past history of firmly handling Pit in the post-season.

I know I know its just woulda coulda speculation, but its a long time to the draft and thought I'd just bring it up.

So what are all y'alls thoughts on the What If...? scenario. A few bounces go Pats way in Denver and they host Pit.

I actually think given how crusing Pit was in the playoffs they would have had a real solid chance of beating us, but no way would they "kill" us.

Thoughts?
we'd win that game by 14

I love that matchup for us. Stop the run, no third WR of consequence, pass on their defense. We'd have won, barring turnovers - just like we'd have beaten Denver barring turnovers.

Oh, what might have been.

Can you say next years AFC Championship? I actually hope they have the better record so we go to there house. How fun would it be to embaress them on their home turf again?

"Watched the SB with a Pitt fan, and he is convinced had we beat Denver Pit would have killed NE."

Your friend is a idiot on this matter. Actually he should be thanking the football God's that Denver did the dirty deed for them. There wasn't a man on Pittsburgh's roster that wanted to play the Patriot's. We gameplan and match up too well against them.

How can that moron say that after the way they played last night... needing the refs intervention to win that stinker.

We would have kicked their stinky asses...

tombonneau said:

Thoughts?
I think your friend needs to stop smoking crack.

Perhaps they would have beaten us, but killed us?

tombonneau said:

your reply is correct.
i think they would have lost at Foxboro by 7 points.

and i hope that after the Super Bowl your friend admitted that the 'zebras'
and only them helped PIT to win.

MVP of the game ? ZEBRAS...

i agree with Bob George 100%

If Big Ben's performance was as poor as it was in the SB - The Pats would have KILLED Pitt.

tombonneau said:

Thoughts?

Is Pitts really a better team than the one The Pats beat in the regular season? Not from what I saw.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News