PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

MVP Race is a toss up between Brady, Ryan, Rodgers and Elliott

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ice_Ice_Brady

I heard 10,000 whispering and nobody listening
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Just looked on Oddschecker, and all four of them have roughly a 20-30% chance. Could be a close vote where 20 wins it. Brady is fortunate this isn't like baseball with ranked voting, where he would surely get stiffed by those who would just leave him off the ballot entirely and screw him over.

I think Ryan and Elliott are also deserving, though I am nauseated by the Aaron Rodgers campaign, just like it used to be with Manning. The guy lost SIX games before making a lame prediction against crappy competition. He dug a hole for himself, which the other candidates did not. I liked Rodgers up until this year, though now I see him as someone who constantly overexposes himself on television commercials, has stupid catch phrases which become obnoxious MVP arguments, and is a huge front runner who can't elevate his play when the going gets tough. His teammates are quick to throw him under the bus if they aren't winning.

Last edited:
I think it will come down to Brady and Zeke. The teams for Matty Ice and Rodgers simply haven't been dominant enough consistently throughout the year to make a convincing case over Brady and Zeke. Brady's only argument against him is missing 4 games and the 3-1 record narrative for us while he was serving the bs suspension. For Zeke, its the argument that Dak has been great as well, along with their OL.

Brady wins in the closest MVP vote since 2011.

This discussion always reminds me of a classic movie scene:

original.gif

:) (JMHO)

Tough to see it going to Brady.
If the award were for the "Best" player, yeah, hands down. It goes to Brady.
But, when your team went 3--1 without you, tough to give him the most "Valuable" player. Dak or Elliott have a stronger case to make for that.

But, more importantly, when it comes to winning SB's the award is a damn jinx. It was, what, 1998 when Warner last won MVP and the SB in the same year?

Was reading the Cowboys forum (I don't know why...) yesterday and was surprised to see they almost unanimously consider Dak a better player than Elliott. Take that for what it's worth.

Tough to see it going to Brady.
If the award were for the "Best" player, yeah, hands down. It goes to Brady.
But, when your team went 3--1 without you, tough to give him the most "Valuable" player. Dak or Elliott have a stronger case to make for that.

But, more importantly, when it comes to winning SB's the award is a damn jinx. It was, what, 1998 when Warner last won MVP and the SB in the same year?

The Pats did go 3-1 without Brady. That's a sample size of only 4 games. Based on what I saw in the first Bills game I think there's a decent chance they don't win 3 more games the rest of the season if Brady had stayed out. Also put Brady on the Cowboys and Dak on the Patriots and it's hard to argue against the thinking that the Patriots get weaker and the Cowboys stronger.

Since there is no clear cut obvious MVP this season then I say it ought to go to the best player this year and we know who that is.

Last edited:
IMHO, Matt Ryan should win the MVP. All those tweets that put Brady in second, guess who's number one? He deserves it.

Do you think the Falcons would be #2 seed in the NFC without him? Heck no, they might not even go to the playoffs.

I really don't get people who say that Elliot or Dak should be MVP. If you have doubts of who is more important IN THE SAME TEAM how can you consider giving them the prize of most important in the league? And I'm not even talking about how their team starts and finishes with their amazing O-Line, because I've talked about it enough

I really don't get people who say that Elliot or Dak should be MVP. If you have doubts of who is more important IN THE SAME TEAM how can you consider giving them the prize of most important in the league? And I'm not even talking about how their team starts and finishes with their amazing O-Line, because I've talked about it enough
Right, but oline never will get it, so it usually goes to qb.

brady won't win it.

i can see rodgers having a huge night against the ****ty lions and winning the nfc north. michaels and collinsworthless will hype his performance. so what?? he won the garbage nfc north and finished ahead of eternal losers like the lions.

matt ryan/one of the cowboys rookies should win it but the media has already declared rodgers the winner and they set the national agenda, while the nfl writers follow their path..

Considering no MVP has won the Superbowl since Warner, I'd rather see some else get it instead of Brady.
How that vote comes out will have no more impact on who wins the SB than what underwear you wear during the game.

Elliott isn't even the MVP on his own team. That's that OL.

The Pats did go 3-1 without Brady. That's a sample size of only 4 games. Based on what I saw in the first Bills game I think there's a decent chance they don't win 3 more games the rest of the season if Brady had stayed out. Also put Brady on the Cowboys and Dak on the Patriots and it's hard to argue against the thinking that the Patriots get weaker and the Cowboys stronger.

Since there is no clear cut obvious MVP this season then I say it ought to go to the best player this year and we know who that is.

Surprised LeVeon isn't getting some consideration. I mean he was born a pauper to a pawn on a Christmas day when the New York Times said God is dead and the war's begun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back