PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Moss really wanted to play for Pats?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im glad we got Stallworth , Moss why intriguing, is to much of a head case... And he does not do everything on the football field.. Im very happy with our WR for the first time since 2004

The thing with Randy Moss is never about the talent. He's always had tons of it. The problem is in his characteristics and his situation.

1. He is slated to make 10M per season over the rest of his contract. So no way he even fits into our cap without a major renegotiation.
2. He is known to take plays off, which tips off the defense that he is not going to be involved in the play. That is just so un-Patriotic compared to the lunch pail, bring it all to work and leave it all out on the field Pats that we have come to know and love.
3. He is not a great route runner, and the Pats offense relies on precise routes and more importantly smart reads by the receivers on the option routes. Running the wrong route leads to interceptions, period. We have seen this numerous times where Brady expects a receiver to be one place, throws the ball there trusting the receiver, but guess what he's in the wrong place and DB gets an easy pick.
4. Randy Moss is on the wrong side of 30 and may have lost a step.
5. The Raiders were likely looking to be highly compensated for Moss and I don't see the Pats giving up a #1 pick or more when there are still issues 1-4 above to look at.

So if I were playing Madden, sure I'd trade for Randy Moss. But knowing the realities of the situation and the characteristics of the player, Moss in New England did not make sense. It would have been pretty, but it doesn't make sense. And signing Stallworth to the dotted line pretty much put the dagger into any thoughts of acquiring Moss and his big salary.

Last edited:
Im glad we got Stallworth , Moss why intriguing, is to much of a head case... And he does not do everything on the football field.. Im very happy with our WR for the first time since 2004

I know you feel good about Stallworth. You've been touting him for awhile now. Btw, He looked great in Philly those first 6 games, hope he puts together 16 of those for us. I can't wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye