PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Moron of the Night: Reggie Nelson

Status
Not open for further replies.
The mods need to merge this thread.

You're stretching it with "great". He's good. probably not even very good.

Great describes Gibbs, Noll, Lombardi and yes, Belichick. Calling a guy who's never won an NFL Playoff game "great" is just wrong.
I agree THAT IS stretching the word great???....Good is another thing but great?? NO way..not now...maybe after he had a ring or two...How many coaches have been in the playoffs and come close?? MANY...Del Rio is far behind many...AND that is not saying he's terrible...NOT at all...but "great" in my book MEANS something. Don't cheapen what it means...

Last edited:
img045_clean_thumb.jpg

Tom Brady and a dead jaguar (Reggie Nelson)

wow, this guy is worse than some common anti-pats fans.

discrediting brady is so 2004. even the haters nowadays acknowledge him as perhaps the greatest to play the position.

The only person not blown away by Brady's dart-throwing exhibition -- it established the all-time record for completion percentage, postseason and regular season -- was Jaguars rookie cornerback Reggie Nelson. Becoming the latest dummy to take shots at New England, Nelson said, ``Anyone can go 26 of 28 in a dropdown game.''

If that was true then Chad Pennington should have the highest completion % of all time.

Before you make the disparaging remarks about Chad Pennington you might want to check some facts. Going into this year the 3 QBs with the highest completion percentage for their career were (according to NFL.com):
Highest Completion Percentage, Career (1,500 attempts)
65.59 Kurt Warner, St. Louis, 1998-2003; N.Y. Giants, 2004; Arizona, 2005-06 (1,645-2,508)
65.10 Chad Pennington, N.Y. Jets, 2000-06 (1,080-1,659)
64.43 Marc Bulger, St. Louis, 2002-06 (1,357-2,106)

Chad is a close 2nd to Kurt Warner and he did so without the great receivers and wideopen offense that St. Louis used to make Warner #1 and Bulger #3. Give Chad a decent OL and he could still get the job done despite that weak, twice torn and repaired arm. Until Randy Moss got here to play with "Tommy", he was regularly quoted as saying Chad was the greatest QB he ever played with.
Pennington is a smart QB with a winners heart playing on a crappy JETS team. Similar to Moss at Oakland the last 2 years.

I stand corrected. Honestly I had no idea he was actually up there. :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes