Welcome to PatsFans.com

Moron of the Night: Reggie Nelson

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by shmessy, Jan 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shmessy

shmessy Maude Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2,418 / 20 / -20

#75 Jersey

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/mariotti/739059,mariotti011308.article

Fun to watch, too. Without hiccups by Benjamin Watson and Wes Welker, we'd have seen football's version of a perfect game instead of, well, a no-hitter. The only person not blown away by Brady's dart-throwing exhibition -- it established the all-time record for completion percentage, postseason and regular season -- was Jaguars rookie cornerback Reggie Nelson. Becoming the latest dummy to take shots at New England, Nelson said, ``Anyone can go 26 of 28 in a dropdown game.''

Dropdown meaning, dink and dunk.

2. shmessy

Ratings:
    +2,418 / 20 / -20

#75 Jersey

No wonder the Pats didn't do more to go after this guy in the draft this year. They said at the time that, despite his physical talent, they had doubts about his intelligence.

Go figure.

3. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,786 / 35 / -29

#87 Jersey

ouch!!! :rofl:

4. DefenseRules

DefenseRules Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +423 / 14 / -2

#12 Jersey

Whatever. They can pump up their chests about stopping Moss if it makes them feel better. They didn't stop anyone else. Now they can go home and STFU.

5. NEPat

NEPat Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I just posted this in the Tom Brady thread, but yeah, saying "anyone can" when um, no one ever has, does make you look like a dummy.

I'll give him a pass as a rookie frustrated after a playoff loss.

6. Jaguar Hopeful

Jaguar Hopeful Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Honestly, Reggie Nelson is still learning a lot. He's going to be a solid Defensive back in the NFL and has shown signs of brilliance (and signs of needing improvement)... He's still a Rookie, so I expect him to make immature statements like that. Give him two to three more years and let him settle down. Picking on the Rookie and saying he "speaks" for the whole defense is a little absurd.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2008
  7. Xzibit23

Xzibit23 On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Moss is reaction when he was told about that comment was priceless.

8. PATRIOT64

PATRIOT64 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Brady could have thrown 26 out of 28 with his dick and those Jaguar defenders would not have been impressed

Don't let sore losers bother you....

9. DefenseRules

DefenseRules Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +423 / 14 / -2

#12 Jersey

One of the reporters said that some of the defensive players of the Jaguars commented that they were not impressed with Brady's performance. Moss was dumbfounded when he was told. Now maybe the reporter was trying to stir things up by making it sound like multiple players said that. It wouldn't be the first time. Rookie or not, it's still a stupid comment. And I have the right to pick on him. It's my messageboard. :snob:

10. shmessy

Ratings:
    +2,418 / 20 / -20

#75 Jersey

Sorry, but that doesn't wash.

The Patriots have rookies also. However, they extensively educate their rookies (and other players, Mr. Spicer) on how to conduct themselves with the press. It's just one more facet that sets the Patriots apart from the pack.

Week after week, we get to see (and shake our heads in disbelief) at the stupid, unprofessional and just plain weird things opposing players say either before a game (great media strategy, Messrs. Spicer, Anthony Smith and FredEx) or after a game (Mr. Nelson - - you will now be ridiculed for the next 48 hours coast to coast and on Monday's PTI).

11. Joker

Joker PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +3,115 / 23 / -30

Spicer...heh..anybody got a milk carton?

12. Jaguar Hopeful

Jaguar Hopeful Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Umm, yes I believe it does wash. He's a rookie, he came off an emotional game in which he lost, I expect that he'd have his emotions on his sleeves a little trying to grasp at something he did "good" during that game. That being said, he did play farely good during the game...

Spicer is well, that "nut" that every team has... and no matter how much you coach someone, they are still people. Just like in parenting, you can tell them over and over what to do, but they still have to make the decisions. And trust me, Del Rio DOES stress respect and DOES respect the Patriots... Don't let Vic Ketchman and his "*" make you think everyone and their mom that associates with the Jaguars is disrespectful...

13. PATRIOT64

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

I am not too familiar with the Jags front line but who is #90? - Look so big like he swallowed Moss whole which explains why Randy only got 14 yards all night,He couldn't escape :p

The guy must weigh 375 pounds

14. swheeler23

swheeler23 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Now that I would enjoy watching. Who is bringing the popcorn? LOL!

15. shmessy

Ratings:
    +2,418 / 20 / -20

#75 Jersey

Actually, I think Ketchman is one of the most perceptive football analysts around. The asterisk business was very out of character for him.

Onto your previous point, if Spicer played for the Pats he wouldn't have said those things. That IS something where BB says "the buck stops here". Evidently Del Rio doesn't. Your sentence "Just like in parenting, you can tell them over and over what to do, but they still have to make the decisions." - - I'm sorry, we can't relate to that here in New England. BB DOES control the team. Who controls the Jags?

Rookie Brandon Merriwether in training camp this year made an innocuous comment praising WR Wers Welker in saying that he was getting great wxperience in practicde going up agaimnst one of best WR's in the NFL. The next day, in front of the entire team, BB ripped the poor kid a new one, by holding up the newspaper with his quote and saying "Who the hell is Brandon Merriwether to be saying this kind of crap? What kind of experience does ANY rookie have to be pontificating about the NFL. Shut up and keep your eyes and ears open."

It's just a difference in organizational culture.

16. Jaguar Hopeful

Jaguar Hopeful Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Yea that's Grady Jackson, he's enormous... I had (jokingly) under things we need to do to win that ever "Legal" chance we had have Grady Jackson fall on Tom Brady. He's listed at 345 lbs, but we think that might be a little "fluffed."

17. PATRIOT64

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

I hope you are a girl :eek:

Although as Seinfeld says "Theres nothing wrong with that";)

18. Wildo7

Wildo7 Totally Full of It

Ratings:
    +49 / 16 / -3

Jay Mariotti is my #1 least favorite sports writer/t.v. personality of all time. He is a complete a$$wipe and embodies everything that is terrible about sports media.

19. ATippett56

ATippett56 Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +528 / 9 / -18

Pure Bull! Reggie Nelson insulted the league MVP Tom Brady. The Patriots have a rookie free safety as well and I don't see Brandon Meriweather thumping his chest after the game during a locker room interview.

20. PATRIOT64

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Fluffed? - I think when they weighed him at that weight he went and ate the scale they weighed him on...

345 pounds,yeah right.....and I am the lead singer of a Reggae band who only plays at KKK rallies :eek:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.