PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

More WashPost -- Adam Kilgore

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fencer

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Edit: This is the correct link -- http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...n-in-court-but-may-never-prove-his-innocence/

Adam Kilgore of the Washington Post, whoever he is, was one of many who said "The Wells Report shows that Brady is cheating liar." He's now retracted that, saying:
  • It has not been proved.
  • He's not sure whether it's true.
  • Reputation-wise, Brady is screwed.
Not the best thing we've seen on the matter; not even close. Also not close to being the worst thing.

Last edited:
terrible article, only skimmed but it still has a video of people trying to pick a football 2psi lower (which none of the game balls were). still believes brady lied but has no proof of it.

I had to click on the link twice because I at first thought my browser had been redirected to a satire site. Nope. That reads like it was written by a kinder-gardener. Just terrible.

I think the link OP provided was the first article the Author wrote after the Wells Report was release (calling Brady a cheater).

Here is the much more rational article he posted today (after more information has come out regarding the nefarious NFL):

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...n-in-court-but-may-never-prove-his-innocence/

From your link....

Many rushed to judge Brady in the aftermath of the NFL-commissioned Wells Report and believed the league was justified in suspending Brady. I was one of them. The interceding months have changed my opinion. The most honest thing you can say about whether Brady intentionally and illegally ordered footballs to be deflated is that we don’t know. Berman’s smacking down of the NFL in open court – in which he called Commissioner Roger Goodell’s inference that Brady helmed a “scheme” to deflate the footballs based on evidence from the Wells Report a “quantum leap” – helped reveal the NFL’s weak case

This clown wrote for the Globe years ago - are you surprised he's anti Brady/Pats? Anyone who works under Joe Sullivan at Pravda West has a hair across their azz for the Pats/Kraft/Belichick....

This clown wrote for the Globe years ago - are you surprised he's anti Brady/Pats? Anyone who works under Joe Sullivan at Pravda West has a hair across their azz for the Pats/Kraft/Belichick....

Yes FCB02062, for whatever reasons, some people do indeed have a "a hair across their azz" against the Kraft family. :D

Yes FCB02062, for whatever reasons, some people do indeed have a "a hair across their azz" against the Kraft family. :D

Intuitively from what I know, that makes little sense to me. The Krafts seem to do a lot for the community and always have. What could be the Globe's beef with the Kraft family?

Come on. I'm going to give the guy credit for saying he was wrong to jump to judgment. He's also probably aware that his colleague Sally jenkins has gotten a lot of national exposure for her writing on this when he's supposed to be the"national sports reporter" for the post.

if you are a ****eyed optimist, you could also read this as his trying to get one foot on the bandwagon because he thinks Berman will rule against the league

Didn't bother to hit the link. The quotes that were listed tell me all I need to know. Essentially this is another guy who took the Welles report on faith. He was too lazy to read the report himself. Too lazy to read any opposing opinions like the Pats Welles report site, AEI, or McAnn. In other words, he swallows the NFL position fully and declares Brady a cheater based solely on the word of his accuser

So NOW, four months later, after being hit with pretty much conclusive information that the Welles Report was not only mistaken, it was DELIBERATELY structured to hide the exculpatory evidence that would have cleared Brady in the first place. This hack is now willing to come off his previous opinion enough to say Brady "might" not be guilty and he wants us to give him a standing ovation? :rolleyes: He's a F**king idiot. What the F**K does he need to clear Brady fully, a picture of Goodell with an air gauge at Gillette, before he decides that Brady did nothing. :rolleyes:

I'm tired of these blowhards who lack the integrity to just come out and say the obvious, when all the evidence is now fully available for ANYONE to find. They don't deserve any accolades or credit for just now questioning what the league was doing.

He used to write for the Globe where he was poisoned by Shank and Forges' venom and bitterness. Plus BB wouldn't give him the time of day because he asked stupid questions.

Not even going to read it.

I'm amazed at the vast majority of these writers that don't get it. Even if Brady loses, if he's innocent, he should fight it until he can't anymore. You don't take a moral stand based on what other people think. You take moral stand based on what you're unwilling to live with as a human being. How is it that people don't get that? If I were in Brady's position, and I were innocent, I would fight it to the end. It's like the writers think the only reason to fight it would be to get the public on your side. I've got to figure that ranks right near the bottom of the reasons. Even if it trashes our season, Brady is owed the right to fight this until the end.

Well I certainly think the guys still a tool, I agree with him that Brady's reputation has been irreparably harmed. The only thing that will change that will be a defamation suit. Even with a victory today. Brady should sweep the leg and go for defamation suit.

Intuitively from what I know, that makes little sense to me. The Krafts seem to do a lot for the community and always have. What could be the Globe's beef with the Kraft family?
Access. Boston writers take pride in the media being hard on its team and "boston being a tough place to play" because of the media and the pats have defied that for over 15 yrs without giving any special access to any reporter . It burns them

There have been two widely divided sides on this issue. Those that firmly believe that Brady is guilty and those that always believed he was innocent. I have yet to see a reporter recant his previous view that Brady was guilty and now proclaim he is innocent. The best you see now is, I still think Brady is guilty but the punishment doesn't fit the crime. This writer has at least progressed to being on the fence between guilty and innocent. A friend this weekend gave me some advice, He said "If you are on the fence you can be attacked from both sides. It's best to pick a side and stick with it" The best I can say is at the end he firmly states that Brady isn't going to lose. No indecision there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft