PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

More NFL leaks ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
As if this wasn't bad enough already, the filings also show that Troy Vincent's predecessor, Ray Anderson was pulling down an average of $2.0 million per year in 2012 and 2013. So just do the math as to what Troy is making now ...

Sorry for the rant here, but to close it out -

The top seven executives for the NFL were paid a total of $89.4 million in 2012 and a paltry $58.1 million in 2103. That's a hell of a price to pay for incompetence, greed and corruption.

I guess that's why the NFL can't afford to pay crippled and maimed retired players and why tickets must cost as much as they do.

Hmm. Anyone know what this was referring to?

View attachment 9968 McCannSportsLaw
Who knew til Goodell's press conference today that among Ted Wells' powers was to investigate false leaks. I think that's what RG just said.
8/11/15, 4:37 PM
Yup.

Goodell straight up said it was Ted Wells' job to investigate leaks...even though he said the opposite several weeks ago.

Volin just ashed Goodell why when they correct misinformation all the time they would not correct 11 of 12 balls. Roger said they went to the independent Ted Wells and never answered Volin's question.

Nice, good work by Volin. Glad someone asked the question, even if Goodell failed to answer it in typically stupid fashion.

he said the same thing when curran asked this during last owners meeting

Greg A. Bedard ‏@GregABedard 20m20 minutes ago
Greg A. Bedard retweeted Tom Pelissero

This is my shocked face

Greg A. Bedard added,

Tom Pelissero @TomPelissero
Goodell on why NFL didn't correct ESPN report about balls: League fully supported Ted Wells, focused on that. (Not really a direct answer.)

Ben Volin ‏@BenVolin 10m10 minutes ago
Goodell asked if he’s willing to settle with Brady: “We’ll allow the judge to handle the process from there.” Is that an answer?

As if this wasn't bad enough already, the filings also show that Troy Vincent's predecessor, Ray Anderson was pulling down an average of $2.0 million per year in 2012 and 2013. So just do the math as to what Troy is making now ...
It's called the Jet-connection structured payment plan.

Sorry for the rant here, but to close it out -

The top seven executives for the NFL were paid a total of $89.4 million in 2012 and a paltry $58.1 million in 2103. That's a hell of a price to pay for incompetence, greed and corruption.

I guess that's why the NFL can't afford to pay crippled and maimed retired players and why tickets must cost as much as they do.
that would make a nice tweet (if 140 characters or less) and highlight the 54% increase in pay.

he said the same thing when curran asked this during last owners meeting

Greg A. Bedard ‏@GregABedard 20m20 minutes ago
Greg A. Bedard retweeted Tom Pelissero

This is my shocked face

Greg A. Bedard added,

Tom Pelissero @TomPelissero
Goodell on why NFL didn't correct ESPN report about balls: League fully supported Ted Wells, focused on that. (Not really a direct answer.)

Ben Volin ‏@BenVolin 10m10 minutes ago
Goodell asked if he’s willing to settle with Brady: “We’ll allow the judge to handle the process from there.” Is that an answer?

That last tweet is great. He's basically saying "**** good faith settlement talks. Not interested." I'm sure Judge Berman will like hearing that.

Anyone know what time this circus starts tomorrow? Just wondering when we can start to get the nfl leaks...you know how the judge is definitely leaning pro nfl etc.

No reporter had the chops to call out Goody on his saying Well's was independent, when the filing said that Well's wasn't independent.

No reporter had the chops to call out Goody on his saying Well's was independent, when the filing said that Well's wasn't independent.

Technically, the filing claimed that even if he wasn't independent, that isn't grounds for vacating the judgment. So it's not quite a contradiction to say that while maintaining that the report was independent, although he's pretty clearly moved the goalposts and lied to the public from day one. Because the report obviously wasn't independent.

I think the interesting question is if the judge will take into account all of Goodell's assurances that this would be an independent investigation, and conclude that he lied to Brady by making those assurances.

I like to think this board lit a fire under his butt.

Technically, the filing claimed that even if he wasn't independent, that isn't grounds for vacating the judgment. So it's not quite a contradiction to say that while maintaining that the report was independent, although he's pretty clearly moved the goalposts and lied to the public from day one. Because the report obviously wasn't independent.

I think the interesting question is if the judge will take into account all of Goodell's assurances that this would be an independent investigation, and conclude that he lied to Brady by making those assurances.

Well's in the Appeal transcript invoked Lawyer Client Privilidged so not independent by definition.

Depends on your definition of what independent is.

IMO the Wells Investigation was never independent from Day 1. NFL Security were involved from the get-go. That is not independent and doesn't even include Pash redlining and editing the report.

The claim of it being independent was a fabrication from the beginning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents