PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

More from Sally Jenkins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jenkins just knocked that out of the park. I don't for a second believe that Clement will face any negative ramifications for lying to the court, but it would be fantastic if he did.

I am on the fence about leaving the NFL for a couple reasons. First off, I am a fairly simple guy and don't buy regularly (if at all) any of the products that are pimped by the NFL, including team merchandise. Also, I rarely go to a game or watch them live (no commercials), and finally, although I really enjoy the games and following the team (particularly on this website) it has not really become something I take into my workplace or friendships. For me the NFL is an escape from the "real world" and I equate it to watching a movie and when the movie/game is over I talk about it a bit, but I know it has no real impact on my personal life and I let the experience drift away like a dream. That is why this site is so great for me because I am able to extend the "make believe" world a little longer and gain a deeper appreciation of the complexity of what is going on with my favorite NFL team. So I guess the bottom line is that, I could see myself walking away (like I have done with the Celtics and Red Sox) while keeping an eye on the team, but conversely I could see no change at all in my level of involvement because I think the injustices the NFL has imposed on Brady/Pats sucks, but it is out of my control and I won't let a mostly meaningless event (when one looks at the "Big" picture of world events, what the NFL office did is not high on the list of important things) dictate if I enjoy watching a game or not.

For me, it's a foregone conclusion that I'm probably going to take the time I currently invest in the Pats and split it between the Celtics (my second favorite sport/team) and soccer. Only question is when to make the switch. Would've made it already if not for Belichick/Brady, as it stands will probably be making it as soon as they're gone.

Jenkins just knocked that out of the park. I don't for a second believe that Clement will face any negative ramifications for lying to the court, but it would be fantastic if he did.

Lying in court is serious business, if a cop does it, they can't work again.

I once saw a Magistrate Judge almost throw a lawyer in jail for inference get that the opposing counsel had lied. Judges do not like to get lied to and get really pissed off when it happens.

I once saw a Magistrate Judge almost throw a lawyer in jail for inference get that the opposing counsel had lied. Judges do not like to get lied to and get really pissed off when it happens.
Not holding my breath.

Also the fact that Blecker is going to file a brief to the judges showing that the NFL lied to them.
Blecker might save Brady in this with his brief and letter. Wouldn't be the first time the NFL/Goody lied in court.

The latest jenkins article was pretty strong in tone. From the non homer point of view, are these nitpicky minor errors or pretty big errors by team NFL?

The latest jenkins article was pretty strong in tone. From the non homer point of view, are these nitpicky minor errors or pretty big errors by team NFL?

First, they had to refile the appeal because they used the wrong color for the cover letter. Any mistruth or lie in a court, nevermind a federal appeals court, is a big, big no no.

They should have their appeal thrown out.

If Sally Jenkins' column is ignored by the court, it's proof positive that this entire f###### process is in the satchel. We all know it will be ignored by the national media and, very likely by, the NE media but this may be the best piece ever written about this fiasco.

I really don't think Sally Jenkins or Stephanie Stradley are going to let go of this... I've had a back and forth with them on a few items and in particular am glad to see her (and Becker) remind everyone about what was Anderson's amazing memory one moment - but his awful memory when it came to the question of the guage he just previously used 48 times before the start of the game

Hey - perhaps that's what we saw last week... a Rope a Dope by the Judges, allowing the NFL attorney to get comfortable and get caught in a lie!

Yeah - I know that's fringe conspiracy theory but I can't understand how they read Blecker's brief and could think anything other than the fact that the NFL is engaged in what some might consider illegal activity in their running of the NFL like it was their own mafia fiefdom

It seems to me all the collective evidence CLEARLY paints that picture

And I agree - if the Judges do in fact find for the NFL I can't help but question how deep the corruption goes when you're dealing with a $40 billion entity.

There's a HELL of a lot of slam dunk findings from Berman to overturn for them to find against Brady too

Let's hope...

Oh and by the way, Blecker's amicus brief has been part of the public record since December - so while it's appropriate it's been brought back up, being largely ignored the last time, I'm already beginning my campaign to make Sally Jenkins the next NFL Commissioner

Third-party brief in Brady case focuses on “integrity of sport”

Damn, really have to hand it to Jenkins for keeping up with this. If I wasn't a fan of the Pats I would've given up on this a long time ago.

Questions for the law-talkin' folks:

1) Clement is obligated to admit his misstatements of facts if he is "made aware" of them. Is it possible for opposing counsel, i.e. Kessler, to "make him aware" by writing a formal letter requesting an official correction? (I am assuming he can)

2) If Clement submits a formal correction to the Court, am I safe in assuming that that becomes part of the public record? I mean, am I safe in assuming that there is no way he could submit such a letter without us knowing?

First, they had to refile the appeal because they used the wrong color for the cover letter.

Well, that pretty much answers that question. :D

Federal Appeals Court is quite specific on how briefs are filed.. anal retentive much?? No use of comic sans for them.. my guess is that they might be a tad concerned if the information is not factual.

Rule 32. Form of Briefs, Appendices, and Other Papers

) Typeface. Either a proportionally spaced or a monospaced face may be used.

(A) A proportionally spaced face must include serifs, but sans-serif type may be used in headings and captions. A proportionally spaced face must be 14-point or larger.

(B) A monospaced face may not contain more than 10 1/2 characters per inch.

(6) Type Styles. A brief must be set in a plain, roman style, although italics or boldface may be used for emphasis. Case names must be italicized or underlined.

(7) Length.

(A) Page Limitation. A principal brief may not exceed 30 pages, or a reply brief 15 pages, unless it complies with Rule 32(a)(7)(B) and (C).(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Back