PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

More from Sally Jenkins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoodie

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
In DeflateGate, who is the real cheater, Tom Brady or Roger Goodell?

But a little noticed and powerfully written third-party amicus brief by renowned legal scholar Robert Blecker lays out a third option for the court to consider. Blecker argues that the court should find Goodell’s arbitration process was infected with “bias, evident partiality, unfairness and fraud,” and he doesn’t stop there.

He makes the delightfully explosive suggestion that the appellate court could also remand the case back to Berman, and order the league to surrender all of its investigative notes. That way Berman can examine its conduct and consider whether Brady should be wholly exonerated.​

In DeflateGate, who is the real cheater, Tom Brady or Roger Goodell?

But a little noticed and powerfully written third-party amicus brief by renowned legal scholar Robert Blecker lays out a third option for the court to consider. Blecker argues that the court should find Goodell’s arbitration process was infected with “bias, evident partiality, unfairness and fraud,” and he doesn’t stop there.

He makes the delightfully explosive suggestion that the appellate court could also remand the case back to Berman, and order the league to surrender all of its investigative notes. That way Berman can examine its conduct and consider whether Brady should be wholly exonerated.​

That way Berman can examine its conduct and consider whether Brady should be wholly exonerated.
I could live with this option. And if it did happen, I think the word integrity should be used liberally.

Nice. Blecker made a strong case that the league's notes really matter.

This would apply in particular to the notes of any discussion they had with Walt Anderson.

Evidently Nobody cares about truth except patriot fans.

Patriot Haters - those hating mediots , fans, owners and park ave employees all are loving this.

Justice simply won't prevail in this case.

At the very least, Goodell has succeeded in forever tarnishing the legacy of the greatest QB to have ever played the game.

Somehow, Goodell thinks this is what a great commissioner does while at the same time allowing that tea bagging SOB to get away with it, allow the continued abuse of women and children by the players he is presiding over, the hatchet job done to St Louis fans, and much more crap that has all taken place under his watch.

Integrity of the game commissioner???

Evidently Nobody cares about truth except patriot fans.

Patriot Haters - those hating mediots , fans, owners and park ave employees all are loving this.

Justice simply won't prevail in this case.

At the very least, Goodell has succeeded in forever tarnishing the legacy of the greatest QB to have ever played the game.

Somehow, Goodell thinks this is what a great commissioner does while at the same time allowing that tea bagging SOB to get away with it, allow the continued abuse of women and children by the players he is presiding over, the hatchet job done to St Louis fans, and much more crap that has all taken place under his watch.

Integrity of the game commissioner???

Injustice is justice as long as it's popular enough. Recall the greatest injustices in American history, they were all coincidentally, quite popular at the time.

I almost wish BB and Brady would just retire effective immediately so I could just severe my ties to the NFL completely.

I ****ing hate the NFL and all those jealous little haters that go with it. It's actually pretty unhealthy how much I hate and despise them.

Take a few minutes and read the 60 or so comments following this article, it provides a barometer on how some folks feel about this team away from New England..

Never ceases to amaze how this team is viewed....

Take a few minutes and read the 60 or so comments following this article, it provides a barometer on how some folks feel about this team away from New England..

I swear to God I saw an article on something called 247sports for the Pittsburgh Steelers come across my Facebook feed yesterday. They headlined De'Angelo Williams' latest comments where he talks about the double standard that is used for Gronk vs. guys like Johnny Manziel.

The comments were about 90 percent people who fully bought this theory, and went on to voice their opinions why. Think about that. A guy who has never spent one dollar of his NFL paycheck earnings, has a show on kid's network Nickelodeon, and regularly likes to donate his time and money to positive causes, vs. a guy who has had multiple assaults on women, has been to rehab, has shown up drunk to practice, has left town and refused communication with the team altogether, and whose own father openly warned teams prior to the draft.

All because Gronk likes to dance and drink with girls when he's out clubbing in the offseason. That's the ONLY link they could come up with, yet hundreds, possibly even thousands of people by now, are having a serious debate as to why Manziel's "antics" aren't as accepted. A lot of them point out how the Pats get special treatment, and continue to "cheat," with the Gronk cruise as some type of example.

If that doesn't tell you all you need to know about what people think of the Pats, then I don't know what will. :D

I swear to God I saw an article on something called 247sports for the Pittsburgh Steelers come across my Facebook feed yesterday. They headlined De'Angelo Williams' latest comments where he talks about the double standard that is used for Gronk vs. guys like Johnny Manziel.

The comments were about 90 percent people who fully bought this theory, and went on to voice their opinions why. Think about that. A guy who has never spent one dollar of his NFL paycheck earnings, has a show on kid's network Nickelodeon, and regularly likes to donate his time and money to positive causes, vs. a guy who has had multiple assaults on women, has been to rehab, has shown up drunk to practice, has left town and refused communication with the team altogether, and whose own father openly warned teams prior to the draft.

All because Gronk likes to dance and drink with girls when he's out clubbing in the offseason. That's the ONLY link they could come up with, yet hundreds, possibly even thousands of people by now, are having a serious debate as to why Manziel's "antics" aren't as accepted. A lot of them point out how the Pats get special treatment, and continue to "cheat," with the Gronk cruise as some type of example.

If that doesn't tell you all you need to know about what people think of the Pats, then I don't know what will. :D

The ability of people to critically think about issues in this country sucks.

Last edited:

It is becoming more and more apparent that the media is appealing to the lowest common denominators and what makes people react.. rather than to try to intelligently inform their readers.

I've said many times before the Patriots are the most hated team in history of sports - more than NYY, Montreal canadiens, Dallas cowboys.... I guess it's the price to pay for a ridiculous record of success over 15 year period in the age of a 24 hour news cycle and social media..
Thing that sucks is that becUse of all this hate the Pats will never get the credit they deserve... When Brady retires you'll still have people arguing manning over Brady...

It is becoming more and more apparent that the media is appealing to the lowest common denominators and what makes people react.. rather than to try to intelligently inform their readers.

This is nothing new though. Look back to the yellow journalism days. As long as there's been freedom of the press and an educated general populace (throughout much of human history there was neither), this has existed.

Not to get political, but Donald Trump had a top rated reality tv show. He's running his presidential campaign similar to a reality tv show, and people are surprised he's winning. I'd say he's a sharp, shrewd guy when it comes to getting the public to like him.

Just be thankful that Manziel is white, otherwise this would get 100 times as much media coverage and discussion. We would all be lectured about how racist we all are if we think it's ok to party, but not ok to beat up women.

Just be thankful that Manziel is white, otherwise this would get 100 times as much media coverage and discussion. We would all be lectured about how racist we all are if we think it's ok to party, but not ok to beat up women.

Please leave your overly simplified thoughts on race and the media out of this particular discussion.

Please leave your overly simplified thoughts on race and the media out of this particular discussion.
Sorry, Simple Jack, but it's true. The media loves race baiting. Just look at all the discussion one silly racial remark from Cam Newton brought on.

If Manziel was black, we'd all be lectured about how racist we all are for applying a double standard for him and Gronk. Much like we were all lectured about how racist we were if you didn't support Newton.

Sorry, Simple Jack, but it's true. The media loves race baiting. Just look at all the discussion one silly racial remark from Cam Newton brought on.

If Manziel was black, we'd all be lectured about how racist we all are for applying a double standard for him and Gronk. Much like we were all lectured about how racist we were if you didn't support Newton.

If you can't keep your mouth shut on a football thread about something as complex as race relations in this country and "the media", then I feel sorry for you. I'm sick of people hijacking discussions specifically about football to espouse their overly simplified thoughts on these matters. If you want to talk about that, go ahead and start a separate thread somewhere, anywhere, but here. It's the offseason, please just let us yell at each other about football in peace.

Last edited:
I left the NFL when I lived in Baltimore and I can leave it again. The ****ing Irsay's stole our team in the dead of night. I came back when I moved to New England and Bob Kraft built the Pats from a sorry bunch of losers when Orthwein owned them to what they are today. But it wasn't just Kraft. Pre Belichick, we witnessed how the team slid after Tuna took us to the SB and then left because he couldn't do his own shopping. Not sure where we would be if not for Bill and Tom. I know that once those two leave, I could easily see me pulling back my investment back on this team and the league. the other 31 owners and their puppet Roger will only hasten this. That's the part that a few have touched on, that this isn't Roger, this is a group of owners pushing him to take the Pats down, out of jealousy, hate, spite, greed, or maybe all of these. That to me is why Kraft chose not to fight this, because he saw the gauntlet of owners against him, not just Roger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back