PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Miscellaneous Super Bowl Bets

Status
Not open for further replies.

37Harrison

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
This is just for fun and the winner gets nothing but bragging rights. Seven total bets:

1. Which kicker (Gostkowski/Tynes) will kick the first successful field goal?

2. Over/Under: Will Eli throw for more yards in this SB than Peyton threw in last years SB (247 yards)?

3. How many punts will there be total?

4. Which team wins the opening coin flip?

5. Will the Giants punt or score (by any means) first?

6. Who will score more points, Kobe Bryant (+0.5, playing @ Washington Wizards) or the Patriots?

Tie Breaker
7. Who will the SB MVP thank first? His teammates, coach, owner, family, fans, or God they believe in?

Hopefully I won't be too drunk and remember to get the answers for these bets to declare the "winner." GOOD LUCK!

Last edited:
My predictions in BOLD

This is just for fun and the winner gets nothing but bragging rights. Seven total bets:

1. Which kicker (Gostkowski/Tynes) will kick the first successful field goal? Tynes

2. Over/Under: Will Eli throw for more yards in this SB than Peyton threw in last years SB (247 yards)? Over

3. How many punts will there be total? 6

4. Which team wins the opening coin flip? Giants

5. Will the Giants punt or score (by any means) first? Punt

6. Who will score more points, Kobe Bryant (+0.5, playing @ Washington Wizards) or the Patriots? Patriots

Tie Breaker
7. Who will the SB MVP thank first? His teammates, coach, owner, family, fans, or God they believe in? Teammates

Hopefully I won't be too drunk and remember to get the answers for these bets to declare the "winner." GOOD LUCK!

Also Sorry for the +9.5 with Kobe, I don't have a keypad on this keyboard and had to use the numbers above the letters and fat fingered the 9 instead of 0. Should be Kobe +0.5, fixed above.
Bet changed accordingly.

Last edited:
You had me until coinflip. Year in and year out that's the dumbest prop bet there is.

1. Gost

2. Over (I expect a lot of throwing against soft coverage by the Giants in the second half, if you know what I mean)

3. 7 (Giants 5, Pats 2)

4. Umm, Giants (I flipped a coin of my own)

5. Punt

6. Gotta take Kobe with the 10 points, I think.

7. Teammates ("This was a group effort, 1-53" and all that)

You had me until coinflip. Year in and year out that's the dumbest prop bet there is.

1. Gost

2. Over (I expect a lot of throwing against soft coverage by the Giants in the second half, if you know what I mean)

3. 7 (Giants 5, Pats 2)

4. Umm, Giants (I flipped a coin of my own)

5. Punt

6. Gotta take Kobe with the 10 points, I think.

7. Teammates ("This was a group effort, 1-53" and all that)

Sorry to dissapoint you with the coin flip one.

Also Sorry for the +9.5 with Kobe, I don't have a keypad on this keyboard and had to use the numbers above the letters and fat fingered the 9 instead of 0. Should be Kobe +0.5, fixed above.

Are you two taking the Pats now on that bet?

Last edited:

No worries, it's all for fun. What boggles the mind is people who actually bet on that one. If you're wagering on something that has a 50% chance of happening, at even odds, you probably have a gambling problem.

No worries, it's all for fun. What boggles the mind is people who actually bet on that one. If you're wagering on something that has a 50% chance of happening, at even odds, you probably have a gambling problem.

I don't gamble which is why I guess I never thought of it that way but yeah, you have a point.

Are you two taking the Pats now on that bet?

Yes, I'll take the Pats in that case.

No way. It's a complex scenario. The Giants use a "Tails never fails" approach to coin-flips, which greatly increases their odds of winning the coin flip.

No way. It's a complex scenario. The Giants use a "Tails never fails" approach to coin-flips, which greatly increases their odds of winning the coin flip.

LOL, that is funny. One thing about these coin flips, I suppose they will be using some type of SB collectible coin or something. Usually these coins have one side that weighs more than the other hence making it unbalanced. If that's the case then there is more of a 60/40 chance or even 70/30 chance that the coin will land on the heavier side, which ever side that may be.... :eat2:

1. Which kicker (Gostkowski/Tynes) will kick the first successful field goal?

Tynes - (Gost will be the first kicker to kick a PAT.)

2. Over/Under: Will Eli throw for more yards in this SB than Peyton threw in last years SB (247 yards)?

under

3. How many punts will there be total?

4. Which team wins the opening coin flip?

Giants

5. Will the Giants punt or score (by any means) first?

punt before they score

6. Who will score more points, Kobe Bryant (+0.5, playing @ Washington Wizards) or the Patriots?

Pats

Tie Breaker
7. Who will the SB MVP thank first? His teammates, coach, owner, family, fans, or God they believe in?

teammates

Lets add one more.... who will be mentioned more by Archie Manning in his pregame interview....Eli or Peyton. I say Peyton.

1. Which kicker (Gostkowski/Tynes) will kick the first successful field goal? Tynes

2. Over/Under: Will Eli throw for more yards in this SB than Peyton threw in last years SB (247 yards)? Over

3. How many punts will there be total? 6

4. Which team wins the opening coin flip? Patriots

5. Will the Giants punt or score (by any means) first? Punt

6. Who will score more points, Kobe Bryant (+0.5, playing @ Washington Wizards) or the Patriots? Patriots

Tie Breaker
7. Who will the SB MVP thank first? His teammates, coach, owner, family, fans, or God they believe in? Owner (KRAFT!)

Answers in bold.

This line made my day, thanks. :D

1. Which kicker (Gostkowski/Tynes) will kick the first successful field goal?Tynes. We will not be kicking field goals.

2. Over/Under: Will Eli throw for more yards in this SB than Peyton threw in last years SB (247 yards)?Under

3. How many punts will there be total? 5

4. Which team wins the opening coin flip?Giants

5. Will the Giants punt or score (by any means) first?Punt

Tie Breaker
7. Who will the SB MVP thank first? His teammates, coach, owner, family, fans, or God they believe in? (Brady) Teammates

There you go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick