PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Minnesota Viking QB Teddy Bridgewater out for season with knee injury

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was the last summer practice for the Vikings and this happens without any contact. Awful luck and something no one could predict/prevent. So unfortunate. This kid will be good when he recovers. Hope it is a fast and swift recovery.

To be fair, though, this was a non-contact injury.

Assuming it wasn't because of a s—ty field, this could have happened a lot of other ways.
NFL athletes are simply pushing the limits of what the body can do and also what it can handle. Muscle strengthening with today's training of athletes that are bigger, stronger, faster puts greater strain on soft tissues that cannot be strengthened. It is part and parcel of pushing the performance limits. Look at the ACL and Achilles issues. Not impact injuries but more common in these athletes.

Certainly hope not and too early to know, but reminds me of Robert Edwards.

every tweet about this gets worse and worse.

Ambulances and paramedics.

For a non contact injury?

Wow. Chills. This sucks.

Adam Schefter Retweeted
David J. Chao, MD ‏@ProFootballDoc 17m17 minutes ago
David J. Chao, MD Retweeted Ben Leber

More than just an ambulance, picture showed paramedic from Hennepin County Medical Center which is trauma center.

David J. Chao, MD added,

Ben Leber @nacholeber
I’m heartbroken over the Teddy news. I hope he’s back soon but ambulance is never good news. This sucks. #Vikings

thoughts and prayers with Teddy Bridgewater...

I hope Teddy is okay.

Also this probably means the Vikings are f***ed this coming season (Shaun Hill as QB2...). AD would probably need to run 2500 yards at this point for the Vikings to have any chance to compete.

Leg thank god. Sounded like worse

yep, not bad to draft a QB when you don't need it ...

Yeah, the Robert Edwards situation was the first thing that came to my mind too. Just awful. I may dslike a team, and am certainly a fan of strong rivalries, but injuries to any player are something I don't like to see at all.

Prayers for him for a swift recovery and no impact on his playing abilities.

Publicly he seems like such a nice guy. Wish him the best for a speedy return.

NFL athletes are simply pushing the limits of what the body can do and also what it can handle. Muscle strengthening with today's training of athletes that are bigger, stronger, faster puts greater strain on soft tissues that cannot be strengthened. It is part and parcel of pushing the performance limits. Look at the ACL and Achilles issues. Not impact injuries but more common in these athletes.
So true, saw that injury to that RB the other day (his name escapes me), where you could actually see his Achilles pop, one of the worst things I've ever seen in football. It was like something literally exploded in there.

honestly this sounds like the Kevin Ware injury

Robert Edwards came close to dying because an artery was severed during his beach football game

I remember Edwards talking about that later, how he couldn't believe that the ambulance crew wasn't in a rush to get to the hospital (no sirens, stopping at traffic lights, etc). He said he ended up being minutes away from losing his leg.

That's terrible for Bridgewater. A week and a half away from the start of the season, hoping to improve as a player and as a team and it's all gone.

Damn. Bridgewater was one of the young QB's whose success I've been rooting for. Really disappointing, best of luck to the kid.

Well that is unfortunate.

The good news is it is rare an injury happens these days that effects a young player past 1 year. 30 years ago as bad as this sounds it might have been a career ender.

I remember Edwards talking about that later, how he couldn't believe that the ambulance crew wasn't in a rush to get to the hospital (no sirens, stopping at traffic lights, etc). He said he ended up being minutes away from losing his leg.

That's terrible for Bridgewater. A week and a half away from the start of the season, hoping to improve as a player and as a team and it's all gone.

Yes and the fear with Edwards was that he had a blood clot forming and moving up through his main arteries to his heart. Once they found out he busted an artery they put him on anti-clotting meds in the ambulance.

Scary s**t. Beach football. I still can't believe it.

Yep. His blood pressure was dropping like a ton of bricks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3