PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

[Merged] Official Pats-LOLphins Pregame Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Suh has barely touched Brady when we've played against him. I wouldn't worry about it. I expect Wake to get to Brady more than Suh will.

Lately, no. But he took a cheap shot at Brady on Thanksgiving in 2010 and again in the preseason a couple of years ago. So he's shown the propensity to do it before. But I do agree that Wake is going to be a concern.

Suh has barely touched Brady when we've played against him. I wouldn't worry about it. I expect Wake to get to Brady more than Suh will.

wake's going to eat fleming alive. lol
gotta put a TE on his side to help him.

hopefully, dion plays tonight. james white isn't good enough

..worried about thug SUH and vernon...two dirty players.
i can see these scumbags going after tb12's knees.

Doesn't that open the door to Tannehill's knees?

If it came down to it, then I'd rather go after whomever brought Brady down.

I'll have an order of crackback blocks, please.

Welcome to Gillette Stadium!

Mark Daniels‏@MarkDanielsPJ
View from the press box at Gillette Stadium

CSg1_duWwAAHMOJ.jpg

Whoa.......

NBC 10 WJAR @NBC10
A viewer sent us this photo of the @Patriots' logo seen in clouds. NBC 10 pre-game coverage starts at 5:00. pic.twitter.com/ijyACFP51V

Retweeted by Glen Farley

Much better weather there than here.

Would like to see some Lewis tonight

Any way us out-of-towners can get a hold of a live fed to see Big Willie at half-time...

wake's going to eat fleming alive. lol
gotta put a TE on his side to help him.

hopefully, dion plays tonight. james white isn't good enough

"wake's going to eat fleming alive. lol"

I don't get why anyone who is a Patriots fan would "lol" at that thought, but we've all seen your previous work in game threads before, haven't we?

Just last game:

-"terrible series....all of these short passes wont work.
if the jets keep us in 3rd and longs...we have no chance. tom doesnt have any time. nobody gets open.
where the hell has gronk been doing the last 3 games????"

-"chan gailey > mcdaniels"

Maybe you shouldn't use the Gameday threads for your personal therapy sessions anymore?

Last edited:
Would love to see the running game tonight. Sets up the play action

It'll be a typical hard-fought AFCE game. MIA has a little confidence coming in and the Pats are on a short week.

Not an x's and o's guy, is one and two gap just 4 man line vs 3 man or is there more to it?

One Gap and Two Gap Techniques | Football

One gap vs. Two gap has nothing to do with 4-3 vs. 3-4. Each formation can use either gap strategy and, in fact, you can have 1 and 2 gap strategies on the same line in the same play!

A gap is the space between players on the line, as well as the space outside the widest guys. As it sounds, 2 gap defenders are responsible for two of those gaps, 1 gap defenders take one. This is why 2 gap is often called "read and react", because the defender controls the lineman (and both gaps on either side of him) and sheds the block once they know what direction the runner is going. You can't penetrate because that leaves the other gap you are responsible for open. Penetration is much more prudent when you are only responsible for a single gap because you not only close that gap, you can make a play in the backfield.

That's very basic, but hopefully it gets the point across.

I think one major story being downplayed tonight is the clash between two off Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute's most successful Football Alumni. I know you are all thinking this can't be major news, but believe it or not this is the first time in NFL history that two RPI Alumni have faced eachother in a game (Note: This is probably because Franks is the only RPI player to play in an NFL game). I am sure this game will go down with other notable RPI Alumni achievements like Designing the Brooklyn Bridge, Inventing Email, and leading NASA during the Space Race.

Typical shallow Florida guy who thinks only of immediate gratification:

Armando Salguero‏@ArmandoSalguero
If I'm the Dolphins and I win the toss, I take the ball. Pats offense more worrisome than their defense.

I think one major story being downplayed tonight is the clash between two off Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute's most successful Football Alumni. I know you are all thinking this can't be major news, but believe it or not this is the first time in NFL history that two RPI Alumni have faced eachother in a game (Note: This is probably because Franks is the only RPI player to play in an NFL game). I am sure this game will go down with other notable RPI Alumni achievements like Designing the Brooklyn Bridge, Inventing Email, and leading NASA during the Space Race.

Looks like Franks was a BioMedEng major. Wonder what his position is on Planned Parenthood?:p

everyone hyping the dolphins. they did the same with the bills/jets.
X team is gonna take control of the east but at the end of the day we always win. don't expect that to change tonight.

just get off the field on third downs please. also have to worry about tanne's legs.
i hate when qb's run for 1st downs. so freaking annoying

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
Back