PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

media trying to lay the groundwork for the rookie kicker's failure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry if this has already been posted

Pat Kirwan has a nice story on Gostkowski on NFL.com

PromisedLand said:
Why would they? Because "they" give him credit for winning the Super Bowl (XXXVIII in particular). Some morons even act like he did it single-handedly. If he hadn't missed the TWO earlier field goals the third one wouldn't have even mattered.

It completely boggled my mind that many of the idiot fans and even members of the Boston media thought AV should have been the MVP of SB 38 for making one kick out of three. This despite Brady passing for 354 yards, setting a Super Bowl record for completions, having a passer rating of over 100 plus leading TWO 4th quarter scoring drives to take the lead. I will never forget this lunacy.

This is why the phrase "All is well that ends well" was created.

Vinatieri (and I won't call him a traitor) was a great clutch kicker, and I think he should never have to buy himself another beer in the New England area ever again, BUT:

1. how many points did he cost the Pats with his hsort kickoffs?

2. he missed MANY important kicks in his career. Others have already ntoed misses against the Panthers in the SB, and against Denver last year in the playoffs.

3. some close to the Pats (DeOssie has said so on air) have stated that he screwed up big time in his kickoff to whathisface who ran it back for a TD in the SB against the Packers -- the TD that sealed our fate in that game. He was just a rookie, of course, but the point remains.

The point here is he was JUST A GODDAMN KICKER, not the second coming. Not perfect.

SoonerPatriot said:
This is why the phrase "All is well that ends well" was created.
Does that phrase mean that everything that happened before the last minute is wiped from the record books? I don't think that's what it means.

PromisedLand said:
Does that phrase mean that everything that happened before the last minute is wiped from the record books? I don't think that's what it means.

No, it means you're the only one left on earth who still gives a **** he missed two field goals in a Super Bowl that we won. That's what it means.

Move on with your life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye