PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Media ignores Steelers caught cheating on TV last night

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think it's a wristband, but I can't say for sure that it's a phone. It doesn't really make a difference, but it's telling that this was swept under the rug instead of blown up into a big controversy. Same as the Bills' pumped in noise. I guess we know where we stand, but I think we kind of already knew that.

Because people are bitter that Deflategate and Spygate happened to the Pats and want something to happen to another team. I just caught you up on the last twelve pages.
We're just bitter at the inconsistency in how it's all handled. Something you haven't grasped in the last twelve pages

We're just bitter at the inconsistency in how it's all handled. Something you haven't grasped in the last twelve pages
No, I grasped that just fine. So you want a manufactured scandal for something that, as it turns out, probably isn't a cell phone at all. So, essentially, you're no different than Pats haters and all you're doing is feeding the NFL front office and Goodell in the process by hoping he takes over. Congrats. You've completely missed the biggest problem here in lieu of just making yourself feel better. In other words, you're adding to the problem overall.

i get that, but the buttons cant change location. If the buttons are facing away from him, they would be near his right hand (left side of the screenshot).

What I'm struggling with is that it shouldn't be physically possible that the buttons would be there if the buttons are placed as they are in the picture you use to show the Galaxy S6.

If they are placed as they are in your picture (upper left corner) they should be outward by his right hand (viewers left side) or inward by his left (viewers right side).
In the sideline picture it is shown outward towards his left hand, which corresponds to what we see for the case where the buttons are in the upper right corner.

With that said, I don't think those are even buttons in any case. It probably is a wristband!

Meh. I guess its hard to explain over chat.

From my view, when I hold a model very close to that particular phone, the two buttons are on my left hand side facing outward and the screen is facing up.

I'm seeing it the same way with the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge which is what I held in the store and the pic that I posted

Bottom line, why do we even care about this?

Because people are bitter that Deflategate and Spygate happened to the Pats and want something to happen to another team. I just caught you up on the last twelve pages.

Reason #1. I'm Jet-lagged and pushing off work that I should be doing now to the weekend.

Reason #2. Bitterness or not, Goodell created this perception of devious behavior conducted by NFL teams. If this happened in 2006 there wouldn't be a thread.

And yes, I do want an investigation into the Squealers. That would mean that the NFL is treating every NFL franchise equally.

This all just so ****ing petty. We complain about stupid accusations and then in the next breath we throw out similar stupid accusations and act like we have the moral high ground.

When it comes down to it is it more likely he is looking at a wristband or using his cell phone in front of everyone to see? In my biased opinion it's more probable than not it was a cell phone. So that also means it's a cover up. Huge penalties should come their way. Integrity of the game and derp a derp.

This all just so ****ing petty. We complain about stupid accusations and then in the next breath we throw out similar stupid accusations and act like we have the moral high ground.
That's the point. This entire forum just spent months preaching about how we're smarter and how we're different and how we think more than the Pats hating fan bases and, in one thread, just proved beyond a shadow of a doubt that, as a fan base, we're really no different. The attitude displayed here is why Goodell does what he does and still has a job.

Wonder just how far Goodell can push it. He should demand 100% of the revenue. **** it why not?

Wonder just how far Goodell can push it. He should demand 100% of the revenue. **** it why not?

That's the one way to get the owners to outst him. God forbid they lose any money.

Oh so now you're hoping for a manufactured scandal for allies? Yeah, you'll excuse me if I'm not buying that one. Patriot nation didn't do it and neither would Steeler nation. Meanwhile, Goodell would only stand to benefit. Just admit it and stop making excuses. You want this to turn into a scandal because you don't like that it happened to the Pats and are now looking for a little schadenfreude.
I think most people, including myself, want to expose the hypocrisy. We were put thru hell for ZERO reason. Spread the misery.

Definitely a wristband. The "buttons" are reflections off the laminated part of it. Right before he puts it away, you can see him use his left thumb to locate the play being called.

Watching the video a few times, it looks more and more like a wristband.

That said, I can certainly see why Pats fans would be upset over it considering Brady was raked over coals for a ******** report about psi.

When I first heard about the deflate story, I thought it would be a non-issue like this. But, we all know what happened. That becomes frustrating as a fan when other people can possibly be cheating and the league just brushes it off.

Again, I don't think he was. I am pretty sure it looked bendy. But, it's still ******** how quickly it was dismissed because it's not clear cut. Let's get a Wells report on this.

I couldn't give a ****, we all only care because we like to point out the blatant hypocrisy.

phone.jpg In case no one posted this picture of the wrist band with volume buttons yet

Last night the TV showed Ben Roethlisberger using a cell phone while also having a 2 way headset on. This is a big Fing deal or at least it should be. Some history, in 2011 Troy Polamalu was fined $10K for use of a phone on the sidelines while not wearing a head set and Browns GM was suspended for 4 games a couple months ago for sending a text during a game.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7...alu-fined-10k-making-sideline-cell-phone-call "Possession of cell phones in the bench area during a game is prohibited beginning 90 minutes before kickoff through the end of the game."

"Cleveland Browns general manager Ray Farmer has been suspended without pay for the first four games of next season for sending texts to personnel during games in 2014 and the team was fined $250,000, the NFL announced Monday. " http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12586605/cleveland-browns-general-manager-ray-farmer-suspended

Now the NFL needs to investigate this and this requires that they get Ben's phone as that is key to the infraction. All this while Tomlin has complained about headsets and communications.View attachment 10706

View attachment 10703

Update. Steelers claim is black plastic wristband but looks nothing like and has silver buttons

But if they start talking about what the other teams are doing, it will drown out the propagandas that the Patriots are the only ones who seek a competitive advantage. We might even find the the Pats are the best amongst teams about being fair. And this goes against the agenda/rhetoric. The bottom line: The Patriots are not- according to opposing teams -supposed to winning that much. Of course, they are not implying that the Pats let them win, because that in itself would be cheating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back