PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

McNab Slams TO Book

Status
Not open for further replies.

njpatsfan

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
I hate even THINKING about TO, but this is too FRICKIN FUNNNY.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-eagles-mcnabb&prov=ap&type=lgns

Speaking to reporters after practice Friday, a cordial McNabb called Owens' recently released autobiography a "children's book," mocked the star receiver for saying he was misquoted in his own book and disputed some of the written allegations.

"It won't sell unless he's talking about me," McNabb said, adding that he didn't read the book and is waiting to play himself in the movie.

My estimation of McNabb just went up a notch.

Hey, TO just made literary history - as the first author to be misquoted - in his own autobiography.

R

McNabb is nearly as childish and insecure as his former #1 target. If he had any class he'd have had no comment. I don't have a very high opinion of either, or their chances of succeeding in the only way that matters in the NFL. TO is struggling a bit with the mixed reception for his book - which he believed would vindicate him. :rolleyes: His confusion and distraction over this is liable to filter over into the Cowboys TC and impact his relationship with Drew and Tuna, perhaps earlier than most pundits initially assumed.

"Owens also claims that one of the offensive coaches told him McNabb gets tense in big games.

"It's funny how they would just come to him," McNabb said sarcastically. "Why wouldn't they just say something to me? To say that I can't play in big games, I don't think that's a true statement at all, so I don't get offended by anything he may have said in his book that he was misquoted."

:rofl:

McNabb will look like a complete ass when the excuses start flying again in Philly this season. He was the one who lobbied for TO and swore to Reid he could handle him. And he was the one who flumoxed a two minute drill so badly there was no shot at real a comeback. Now he's on his own again in a division that has only gotten tougher while the Eagles floundered.

Oh, and TO should just love playing with big game Bledsoe. :eek:

I agree that McNabb sounds as childish and egotistical as TO. Way to show you've moved on D-Mac. For someone who claims not to have read the book, he sure knows a lot about what's in it. Anyone who was secure with himself would have said upon being asked about the book, "Who cares? it's in the past. Next question."

Sorry, but McNabb took the high road for so long, you have to let the guy Vent.

The Man is a class act!

Screw TO.

I think McNabb is not childish at all. Here's a guy that has endured TO for so long and is now able to put that whole issue behind him, is it so wrong for him to joke about it? All the things he's saying is harmless, unlike what TO did to him.

Can't wait to see the complete breakdown of Dallas come training camp. That's right, training camp.

njpatsfan said:
Hey, TO just made literary history - as the first author to be misquoted - in his own autobiography.
R

this won't suprize anyone, but David Wells said the same thing

McNabb acts insecure and goofy all the time. I would hate to coach a giggling boy like him. Especially when Mr. Vomit comes out during the fourth quarter of important games.

He called out TO last year for 'black on black' crime, when TO slandered him. I could go on all day about what an inappropriate thing this is to say on so many different levels.

I won't excuse McNabb for all the things he does simply because TO or Rush Limbaugh were jerks to him. You are what you are.

I'm sure that McNabb would make a nice neighbor or dinner guest, but we are talking about the world of football here. I don't think McNabb is a lesser person or a bad person, but in the game of football, he doesn't have the right personality, IMHO.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft