PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

McDaniels Off to Great Start. Cutler Upset, Wants Out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, this was a big misstep for McDaniels, but I think Cassel is a better fit for McDaniels' offense and I think Cutler is overrated and not the guy you can count on to lead his team to a Super Bowl. They guy really choked down the stretch that killed them from a gimme AFC West title.

Besides, if Cassel detractors are going to trash him for the competition the Patriots faced making him look better than he is, people should look at the Broncos opponents and how Cassel did vs. good and bad teams.

I don't think McDaniels was wrong to have questions about Cutler. I do think he was wrong in this move (well actually Brian Xander is the the GM and deserves a lot of the blame too).

I think they are the only ones in the league that like Cutler. I could definately see McDaniels logic in this trade and I think if they really pondered it they may have liked it too.
They would of sent us the 12th pick in return for Cassel and then dealt Cutler to Detroit in return for the 1st pick in the draft and possible a high first in 2010.

Their defense is a flat out joke-laughing stock. They haven't had a LB worth a crap since Al Wilson was cut due to injury. They brought in a nice safety in Brian Dawkins who is good at run support and they could of signed Curry with the #1 pick to shore up their front seven. What was not to like about this trade if you were a Denver fan?

And btw I keep reading about Cassel being mentioned as a high school QB on their board. LOL That high school QB had a better year than Cutler's 2nd year in the league as a starter. Had a higher QB rating this season and threw 7 less ints, although Cutler through 4 more TDS. Oh yeah and he threw 2 400 yard games back to back.

I'd be embarrassed to have that Cry Baby Cutler represent my franchise. Atleast when Brady went down I could say I was proud of the way Cassel handled the media and pressure of being a starting QB in the NFL. This Cutler kid seems one incident away from pulling a Ryan Leif meltdown in front of a live camera interview.

Bottom line, there is no doubt in my mind I am glad that this didn't go down after I've had time to reconsider the ramifications of helping that team.

Maybe there is more to this story than I thought yesterday. I heard there were 6 teams interested in him. Possibly he still could be traded?

Wow, this was a big misstep for McDaniels, but I think Cassel is a better fit for McDaniels' offense and I think Cutler is overrated and not the guy you can count on to lead his team to a Super Bowl. They guy really choked down the stretch that killed them from a gimme AFC West title.

Besides, if Cassel detractors are going to trash him for the competition the Patriots faced making him look better than he is, people should look at the Broncos opponents and how Cassel did vs. good and bad teams.

I don't think McDaniels was wrong to have questions about Cutler. I do think he was wrong in this move (well actually Brian Xander is the the GM and deserves a lot of the blame too).

How is it a mis-step for McDaniels? He's not the GM in Denver and he didn't initiate the contact, Tampa did. I'd be willing to bet this has more to do with stalled contract extension negotiations than anything. Either Xander put the word out to rattle Bus Cook's cage or Bus put a bug in Tampa's ear (he had them lined up as Favre's alternate landing zone last year before the Jets jumped into the Favre fray) because he doesn't think he's gonna get the deal he wants for Cutler any time soon absent a trade... Or maybe now he and his client plan to play the wounded QB card in hopes the PR pressure will demand a new deal for Jay...

Josh probably should have rolled the dice and waited on Pioli's decision to leave. Then he'd have been working for a GM who would have his back and owned his responsibility for player personnel decisions. Xander and Bowlen should be fielding these questions, not a rookie HC... Cutler's contract or future isn't really his decision.

How is it a mis-step for McDaniels? He's not the GM in Denver and he didn't initiate the contact, Tampa did. I'd be willing to bet this has more to do with stalled contract extension negotiations than anything. Either Xander put the word out to rattle Bus Cook's cage or Bus put a bug in Tampa's ear (he had them lined up as Favre's alternate landing zone last year before the Jets jumped into the Favre fray) because he doesn't think he's gonna get the deal he wants for Cutler any time soon absent a trade... Or maybe now he and his client plan to play the wounded QB card in hopes the PR pressure will demand a new deal for Jay...

Josh probably should have rolled the dice and waited on Pioli's decision to leave. Then he'd have been working for a GM who would have his back and owned his responsibility for player personnel decisions. Xander and Bowlen should be fielding these questions, not a rookie HC... Cutler's contract or future isn't really his decision.

I should have said McDaniels and Xander. I think McDaniels pushed for Cassel, but Xander probably handled the negotiations.

Here's an interview of Cutler and his reaction to the trade rumors.

Video Library - cbs4denver.com

All I can say is WOW! This guy sounds like a spoiled baby. He's acting like a jilted lover or something. LOL. So the Broncos were lusting after Cassel a bit? So what? They kept you didn't they? You should be happy you're still in Denver and not in Detroit right now!

Last edited:
How is it a mis-step for McDaniels? He's not the GM in Denver and he didn't initiate the contact, Tampa did.

You really are going OUT of your way to defend McKID on this one. The 3-way rumors went on for more than a day, meaning Denver did entertain the thought. This only happened because McDaniels spoke in favor of trying to get Cassel. His GM did not act independently on this. No matter how much you want to try, McKid was heavily involved with his input.

For a guy that is 18-19 as a starter (48%), he certainly thinks a hell of a lot more of him himself then he should. :rolleyes:

For a guy that is 18-19 as a starter (48%), he certainly thinks a hell of a lot more of him himself then he should. :rolleyes:

You have to feel for Josh McD, he's used to dealing with professionals like Brady and Cassel and now he gets this punk who doesn't even have a .500 winning percentage but acts like a prima donna.

now denver's owner speaks and says he's dissapointed in how his qb has handled this

bad to worse, to worser lol

cutlerjacko.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results