PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Maybe I'm paranoid re Brady and concussions but I wonder what the league will do

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best thing for the team would be to suspend Brady the first 4 games.

The League can't punish anyone, even their favorite target for Kangaroo Court Justice, for not reporting an injury.

Sure they can. Just call an investigation, demand all Tom and Giselle's phone and email records for the last three years, and maybe all his contact's phone records (since he might have told someone he had a concussion) then punish Tom for not providing all the requested data. But do this in a way that it takes weeks of Tom's time, deposing him constantly, and members of his family and his friends. Eventually Tom would have to say "No" and then punish for that.

The point is, it's extremely easy for the NFL to punish anyone simply by making an investigation increasingly wide-ranging, vague, and impossible to comply with, and then punishing for failing to cooperate.

I don't think the league will do this, because I think Tom has too much support for now. But they certainly could.

Yes, once again, thank God for Judge Berman. He outed those ****wads because he smelled a rat. Too bad Kessler didn't let an Appellate Lawyer argue the Appeal...but that's all been discussed ad nauseam out here.

I felt that way at the beginning of last season. But now I sincerely believe the 4 games off helped the Patriots, helped Brady's play - and paradoxically helped his reputation by making him more sympathetic. So I'm glad how it all worked out.

I felt that way at the beginning of last season. But now I sincerely believe the 4 games off helped the Patriots, helped Brady's play - and paradoxically helped his reputation by making him more sympathetic. So I'm glad how it all worked out.
Good observation.

I pointed out here back in the spring, that Brady actually played a 15 game season last year with three Bye Weeks. He went four games and had a Bye, then eight games and a Bye, then two games and a Bye before the SB.

I'm careful about drawing too many conclusions from that, since the Pats, as a team, often struggle in the first game after a Bye. But, it sure saved a lot of wear and tear on a 39 year old player's body and gave him plenty of recovery time...not that I'm suggesting he needed it.

Sure they can. Just call an investigation, demand all Tom and Giselle's phone and email records for the last three years, and maybe all his contact's phone records (since he might have told someone he had a concussion) then punish Tom for not providing all the requested data. But do this in a way that it takes weeks of Tom's time, deposing him constantly, and members of his family and his friends. Eventually Tom would have to say "No" and then punish for that.

The point is, it's extremely easy for the NFL to punish anyone simply by making an investigation increasingly wide-ranging, vague, and impossible to comply with, and then punishing for failing to cooperate.

I don't think the league will do this, because I think Tom has too much support for now. But they certainly could.

Thanks goodness this kind of squeeze doesn't happen in our legal system...oh, wait...

Supreme Court Runs Out Of Excuses for Collapse Of U.S. Criminal Justice - The New York Sun
Fareed Zakaria outlined the obvious proportions of the problem in his column: The United States has 5% of the world’s population, 25% of its incarcerated people, and 50% of its lawyers (who account for about 10% of the country’s GDP). Prosecutors win 99.5% of their cases, about 97% without a trial, and the country has six to 12 times as many incarcerated people per capita as comparably prosperous large democracies: Australia, Canada, France, Germany, Japan, and the United Kingdom. No sane, conscientious American citizen can be comfortable with these figures and their implications.

I'm not paranoid re Brady and concussions and do not wonder what the league will do...

Good luck forcing private medical information out of anyone.. Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep..

I feel that even touch football is too dangerous. I think they should change the rules so if you're close to someone you can yell tackle instead of actually tackling someone. Or perhaps we can have the defense and offense playing on separate fields and we can use CGI to play the game

I feel that even touch football is too dangerous. I think they should change the rules so if you're close to someone you can yell tackle instead of actually tackling someone. Or perhaps we can have the defense and offense playing on separate fields and we can use CGI to play the game

What's your rhetorical point here?

We are so worried about millionaires who decide to play a physical game.

I thought this thread was about the inevitability of the NFL using Gisele's concussion comments against Brady.

This is the beginning of Headachegate

You think that, after how badly that turned out for them, they're going to yank one of their biggest stars from a game for B.S. reasons?

They suspended him 4 games for BS reasons...

They suspended him 4 games for BS reasons...

And they aren't going to make that mistake again this time around. Much less on the field. If they were going to do something, they would have already done it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST