Maurice Drew may have been involved in the Manning Jr. incident

Status
Not open for further replies.

R_T26

Banned
Reaction score
http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

SCOUTS EXPLORE WHETHER DREW HAD ROLE IN DENNY'S INCIDENT

A reader with access to Pro Football Weekly's pay-based "Inner Circle" tells us that the folks at PFW are reporting that league scouts continue to investigate whether UCLA running back Maurice Drew had any role in the recent incident at a Westwood Denny's that left Ricky Manning facing charges of assault with a deadly weapon after a guy who was using a laptop in the restaurant got the sausage beaten out of him by a group of men.

Per PFW, Drew's agent confirmed that the former Bruin was "eating dinner" at the time but says that Drew had no role in the matter.

Although Manning and Drew were recently together on the set of NFL Network's Total Access, Drew's agent said that Manning and Drew are not acquaintances. The agent claims that Drew had no involvement or knowledge of the incident, and simply happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Drew is the guy to whom we were referring on Tuesday when we said that the Manning situation could get interesting as the draft unfolds. Based on the statements from Drew's agent (and agents have no reason to spin the facts for their clients), there's no connection. Until there's evidence to the contrary, however, we've got no reason to dispute the account of Drew's agent.

That would break DaBruinz heart:D

Didn't this incident happen at 3am? Who eats dinner at 3am?

Late Dinner, early breakfast. What's the difference.

You guys just don't get it.

Belichick planted Drew at the scene so he'd drop to us in the third round.

People keep underestimating the brilliance of Belichick.

I'll be. That is brilliant work by BB. The guy with laptop was simply a plant to draw Manning into the fight.

R_T26 said:
Although Manning and Drew were recently together on the set of NFL Network's Total Access, Drew's agent said that Manning and Drew are not acquaintances.
This I don't get. There is indisputable video evidence that Drew and Manning have in fact met each other, which I'm sure Drew's agent knows, yet he is trying to convince the public that the two have never met?! If Drew's agent had said "Yes, they have met briefly, but are not friends" then everything would be fine. But now the agent has proved he has no problem lying, so what else could he be lying about?

Last edited:
JJDChE said:

College kids live by different clocks than the rest of us.....
I played in an intramural basketball league that played from 1am-2am because it was the only courttime we could get. Then we went out for breakfast at some all night diner.

I'm waiting for the new Denny's new marketing campaign.

"Come on in and kick back with some NFL players "

I hope this turns out to be BS. Drew played HS ball at local (and national) powerhouse De La Salle (where I think Brady's uncle is a teacher) where bad apples aren't welcome, or are set straight. I would hope a few years in Westwood wouldn't undo 4 years of an outstanding HS football program.

Regards,
Chris

He just happened to be eating dinner at the same time. Yeah, right. Things like that happen all the time.

Patsfanin Philly said:
College kids live by different clocks than the rest of us.....
I played in an intramural basketball league that played from 1am-2am because it was the only courttime we could get. Then we went out for breakfast at some all night diner.

I'm waiting for the new Denny's new marketing campaign.

"Come on in and kick back with some NFL players "

at 3am it's not dinner, whether you're a college kid or not.

That's called, "I'm drunk and hungry, let's go to Denny's."

primetime said:
He just happened to be eating dinner at the same time. Yeah, right. Things like that happen all the time.

Well, I here it is the only place open at time of night in the area. Might just be bother were out late and needed a grand slam. Just Drew wanted food.

lol Are we sure this whole thing wasn't a Punk'd episode gone wrong?

14thDragon said:
Well, I here it is the only place open at time of night in the area. Might just be bother were out late and needed a grand slam. Just Drew wanted food.

I've changed my stance on this. My buddy, a fellow De La Salle grad, knows Drew personally and said he's a total class act, a character guy (he plays foosball with him in his friend's basement). While it seems too coincidental to be true, his description of the guy doesn't sound like a rogue who beats people up who are carrying laptops for no reason.

JJDChE said:

I hope it wasn't a case of him having the munchies!:)

Keep in mind that it's final exams time at many universities - which means students are more likely to be staying up late working on final projects, studying for exams, etc., and going out to eat late at night. Everything I've heard/seen of Maurice Drew indicates there's no way he would be involved in something like that.

Surprising. Looks like we dodged a bullet.

I was a huge Drew fan, but hoped he fell to the third.

We got better value with the full size Maroney and Jackson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News