PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Matt Cassel = Carson Palmer (in Practice)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brownfan80

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Per Reiss:

"QB Matt Cassel wore a black jersey, meaning he was the team's practice player of the week leading into the Bengals game."

I guess Matt did a great job impersonating his former team mate. Pretty cool, he did a great job getting the defense ready, apparently.

We forget sometimes that the backups that might never see a down on Sunday can actually play as big a role in the victory as the starters that actually man the field.

A few years ago Damon Huard (I believe it was) got a gameball for just this reason.

Brownfan80 said:
Per Reiss:

"QB Matt Cassel wore a black jersey, meaning he was the team's practice player of the week leading into the Bengals game."

I guess Matt did a great job impersonating his former team mate. Pretty cool, he did a great job getting the defense ready, apparently.

We forget sometimes that the backups that might never see a down on Sunday can actually play as big a role in the victory as the starters that actually man the field.

A few years ago Damon Huard (I believe it was) got a gameball for just this reason.
As well as Miller i believe. He was known for doing great practices.

SeanBruschi54 said:
As well as Miller i believe. He was known for doing great practices.

Miller played scout team QB? Or what do you mean? You lost me.

Brownfan80 said:

Yeah the game you are referring to was the playoff win against the Colts in 2003.

zippo59 said:
Yeah the game you are referring to was the playoff win against the Colts in 2003.

I thought that was it, I started to post it, then doubted which actual game it was and didn't feel like doing my research. :D

Brownfan80 said:
Miller played scout team QB? Or what do you mean? You lost me.

Jim Miller not Josh Miller. Jim Miller was the back-up QB in 2004 IIRC. It was him and Rohan.

14thDragon said:
Jim Miller not Josh Miller. Jim Miller was the back-up QB in 2004 IIRC. It was him and Rohan.

Ohhhhh, makes much more sense now. I had forgotten about Jim Miller even being here.

Brownfan80 said:
Ohhhhh, makes much more sense now. I had forgotten about Jim Miller even being here.

I rember it from the odd thought in my head that since they were both J. Miller, would that mean the entire name would have to go on the back of the jersey.

The stuff I remember compared to the stuff I forget is really pathetic.

14thDragon said:
I rember it from the odd thought in my head that since they were both J. Miller, would that mean the entire name would have to go on the back of the jersey.

The stuff I remember compared to the stuff I forget is really pathetic.

Haha, if only you could apply the site's draft guru's 'Value Grouping' on your memories..

My other favorite scout team QB stories are: Faulk being oddly inactive for the first game of the season, and then turning out to have been scout team QB portraying Kordell Stewart. Jon Gruden playing on his scout team before the Super Bowl in the role of his recently former QB Rich Gannon.

Fencer said:
My other favorite scout team QB stories are: Faulk being oddly inactive for the first game of the season, and then turning out to have been scout team QB portraying Kordell Stewart. Jon Gruden playing on his scout team before the Super Bowl in the role of his recently former QB Rich Gannon.

That sounds about right as far as Faulk and Stewart go. They're both RBs that can't throw. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes