PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Masochistic bettors picking against Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ice_Ice_Brady

I heard 10,000 whispering and nobody listening
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
As we speak, the NE-GB line is moving fast in the direction of Green Bay, soon to go from -3 to -3.5.

Against Denver, the Broncos opened at -2 and the line was pushed to -3/-3.5 from a betting public that heavily picked the Broncos. The Patriots covered by 25.5 points.

Against Indianapolis, the Colts opened -2 and also closed at around -3/-3.5 on heavy pressure because many believed the Patriots were a bad road team. The Patriots covered by 25.5 points.

Against Detroit, the Patriots opened -7.5 but the line was again pushed against them to -7, as the public saw this as a closer game. The Patriots covered by 18 points.

I am surprised that bettors keep hammering the lines early and often and going against the Patriots ATS. I'm glad they do- in fact I wish they were underdogs every week. It is shocking, though, that betting against them seems to be one of the hardest trends.

This is Green Bay AT Lambeau with arguably the hottest quarterback in the NFL in Aaron Rodgers. They should be favored. That being said, I expect a Pats win and no injuries.

The Patriots are an underdog? Wow. The Packers defense isn't that good. They are 30th in rushing yards allowed, and 27th in yards per attempt 4.5:eek:. The Packers are 20th in passing yards allowed, and right there with the Patriots (9th and 10th respectively) in yards per attempt. Green Bay is 16th in ppg allowed while the Patriots are 12th.

Nothing remarkable defensively about the Packers except that the Packers are #1 in the league in takeaways (23) while the Patriots are #2 (20). The Packers are as opportunistic as the Patriots. Turnovers will probably decide this game.

The home team get 3 points, so this is really a pick-em game.

They have to bet against someone. Given green bay wins home games by 30 points it's a pretty tight spread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News