PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Martellus Bennett in a Patriots Uniform

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now we are venturing into a whole different discussion. All-Time Patriot TE's

I don't remember Russ at all in his prime w/ the Pats as I was 9 years old his last year but remember him when he was still very good w/ SF and with the Pats later on when he was still pretty decent.

I'll be the first to throw it out there that RF is in the Top 3 of All-Time Patriots TEs (Gronk and Coates). If he was playing now he'd be a Jimmy Graham type who could block OK. Gronk gets the nod over Russ b/c of his blocking and physical ability.

Great, great, great hands.

Russ was the best TE pre-Gronk, but he wasn't quite as big as Gronk.

He was a mismatch nightmare for defenses.

I'd pump the brakes on that - we said the same thing about Gronkowski and Chandler, Gronkowski and that injured guy from the Giants who never played, Ben Watson and Daniel Graham, and Ben Coates and Marv Cook.....
And Bennett is better than ever last one of those guys.

Re sign the beast..................

Like now.

Re sign the beast..................

Like now.
Maybe if things are going well during camp or like with Lewis last year, they work out an extension during the year.

Maybe if things are going well during camp or like with Lewis last year, they work out an extension during the year.

I would love that. Imo people aren't going to need long to realize what this will mean to their offense.

Ben Coates dragging 3 jets defenders on his back just short of the goaline was when I saw the light. Also around the time my old man pulled the trigger and brought my brothers and I to a snowy late December game, again, against the jets. I was a dbag kid all about the Cowboys for a while, then came those memories capped off by Irvin getting bagged with cocaine.

I remember being in awe of Coates as a kid, the brand on his arm certainly helped that impression.

I'm incredibly bullish about the addition of Bennett mainly because we now have two Tight Ends who are excellent blockers and who can both run the full route tree. Let's not forget the tremendous help their blocking will be to the tackles against teams with an excellent edge rush.

They should be able to put Von Miller on his ass every time he tries to rush the passer

I'd pump the brakes on that - we said the same thing about Gronkowski and Chandler, Gronkowski and that injured guy from the Giants who never played, Ben Watson and Daniel Graham, and Ben Coates and Marv Cook.....

i saw it with Chandler in game 1 against the Squeelers. He tweaked his knee in that game and then pretty much blew it out a few games later. We never really saw a healthy Chandler.

I know it's only OTAs...but guess he shined today. Will be a stud in this O with Gronk getting double teams.

Still sticking with the bold prediction...Marty will have more TDs than Gronk

I love Bennett but Coates was a great TE. if he's that great they will be exceptional.
I was talking about the second TE to the big TE's. Coates, at least to this point in Bennett's career, was superior.

Because you misinterpreted my post. I was talking about the second TE's to the main TE. That was the context of the post to which I was responding, Rob.

Ok got it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back