PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Martellus Bennett in a Patriots Uniform

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't even know if teams can double Gronk anymore. They have to respect both TE's now. It aint Hooman anymore. LOL
Just wait for Lewis and Edelman to be on the field at the same time....hahahah silly defenses.

I'd pump the brakes on that - we said the same thing about Gronkowski and Chandler, Gronkowski and that injured guy from the Giants who never played, Ben Watson and Daniel Graham, and Ben Coates and Marv Cook.....

Which one of those guys had a 90 reception season?

I believe that he's talking about specific pairings, and the hype that surrounds these TE pairings. I'm assuming that's why he listed a bunch of TE examples for individual years.

Ben Coates by himself was an awesome TE. I don't think anyone would really question that.
With Bennett, we have our greatest chance of a productive 2 TE tandem since AHern/Gronk. No doubt about it. Feeling excited about their potential!

Ah ok.

He forgot the immortal Lovett Purnell.

Rod and Wiggy all day! How about some Love for the other Brady...Mr. KYLE BRADY! Dave Thomas anyone? (And I ain't talking Wendys) ?? Garrett Mills (Dallas Clark 2.0) !! How could we forget, the damn conductor of the New England Tightend hype train... Zach Attack Sudfeld!

Where exactly did Suds get his bubble burst ? :rolleyes:

Watson made my second favourite effort play in pats history.
Yeah, he took a great angle and was flying to the football. He'd make a good Free Safety :)

He doesn't look that big without pads. Interesting!

I thought the same thing, but maybe we are used to Gronk dimensions. Gronk looks like he's wearing pads even when he is naked.

Ah ok.

He forgot the immortal Lovett Purnell.
Dropped a TD pass from scott zolak in 98 playoffs v Jacksonville... Think it would've given Pats the lead in 4th quarter...

Dropped a TD pass from scott zolak in 98 playoffs v Jacksonville... Think it would've given Pats the lead in 4th quarter...

....another shrewd selection by Notorious BIG (Bobby Incompetent Grier)

Which one of those guys had a 90 reception season?
Marv Cook had around 80 one year IIRC. He was more of a passing TE though.

Coates had 90+ in 1994 I think. Up until Gronk's years he had the most dominant year in TE history.

Much different league back then....90 receptions today is like 60 in the 90s/00s

Who was talking about the 90s?

Oh, you put marv cook and coates in there for some reason. I'd take that production with the extra 40 lbs over cook.

Last edited:
Marv Cook had around 80 one year IIRC. He was more of a passing TE though.

Coates had 90+ in 1994 I think. Up until Gronk's years he had the most dominant year in TE history.

I didn't notice and don't know why, the poster put them in there. I'd be happy for their production.

When BB drafted graham and coates he was apparently looking for 2 complete tight end offense.

I'd say gronk and Bennett should be much more complete than those two.

I didn't notice and don't know why, the poster put them in there. I'd be happy for their production.

When BB drafted graham and coates he was apparently looking for 2 complete tight end offense.

I'd say gronk and Bennett should be much more complete than those two.

FYI Coates was a Kilroy/Mendes pick.

So no love for Russ Francis?

So no love for Russ Francis?

Now we are venturing into a whole different discussion. All-Time Patriot TE's

I don't remember Russ at all in his prime w/ the Pats as I was 9 years old his last year but remember him when he was still very good w/ SF and with the Pats later on when he was still pretty decent.

I'll be the first to throw it out there that RF is in the Top 3 of All-Time Patriots TEs (Gronk and Coates). If he was playing now he'd be a Jimmy Graham type who could block OK. Gronk gets the nod over Russ b/c of his blocking and physical ability.

Great, great, great hands.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back