PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Marooned on a deserted island with only a DVD player and 5 Patriot game tapes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aside from obvious BB-era choices, I'd have to go with the '86 regular season finale, a road game against the Marino/Two Marks Fins. Not only was it a thoroughly entertaining game with high stakes and a dramatic finish, but I enjoyed seeing the live feed of the would-be wild-card-qualifying party attended by Boomer Esiason and Chris Collinsworth. They were so sure the Fins would run away with the game. Ah, to see their glee turn to funereal grimaces again! You couldn't write comedy that golden! Someday I'd like to acquire a recording of that... Sure, the story had a sad ending, but the sentimental part of me would have to have some happy representation of the mid-80s edition of the team - that is when my fandom was born after all...

I did buy that game online about 6 months ago for about 10 bucks or something like that. Yes it was a great game thought I do feel for the Bengals siting there after this year.
For my list
1974 vs, Vikings the first really great game I remember involving the Pats. L
1976 vs. the Steelers a great game from a great season.
1985 AFC Championship game vs. the Fish. At the end of this game I couldn't believe my Pats were going to the SB.
SB 36 At the end of this game I couldn't believe that my Pats Won the SB.
SB 38 One of the most entertaining games I have ever seen.

Well for starters, I'd watch the biggest upset the Patriots have had other than the Rams superbowl.......that would be the divisional playoff game in SD at the beginning of 2007. Are you kidding me? Amazing - the troy Bown strip, direct snap to faulk on the conversation and a rookie kicker making the big impact. Of course a little midfield logo dancing by Hobbs coupled with Bug Eyes making a money catch in the late 4th to get into FG range.

If I had a DVD player, I wouldn't want any tapes...I'd want DVD's!!!! :rofl:

Damn, you beat me to it. If you are stranded on a deserted island with a DVD player and 5 videotapes, you are pretty well hopeless and deserve your fate :)

Either that, or you are Eric Mangini.....

Last edited:
Naturally the 3 Superbowl victories take the cake 1-3

01. Superbowl XXXVI - starts the legacy.
02. Superbowl XXXIX - confirms the legacy.
03. Superbowl XXXVIII - a party of the legacy.
04. Patriots vs Colts Wk9 2007 (24-21) - Randy Moss' one handed catch and Clutch Faulk's performances were simply ridiculous.
05. Patriots vs Colts Divisional Round 2005 (20-3) - Complete and utter beatdown of a "better" team cementing to me the team first versus star power mentality.

I really really love playing the Colts. I believe they are the only team on a consistent basis that can bring the best out of the Pats, and it shows in the quality of games. If it wasn't for the Patriots, I could easily see Manning with 3 rings instead of the 1.

That's a rilvary I look forward to each and ever year.

I never get tired of beating them.

Last edited:
Does any of the choices have a half time show on raft building or how to hunt for food?

Haven't seen this game mentioned yet... the comeback win over the Bears in Champaign in 2002. We were down 27-6 in the 2nd half, but we ended up coming back to win 33-30. David Patten's touchdown catch in the back of the endzone to take the lead was the best play. The is one of my favorite games of the BB era.

Haven't seen this game mentioned yet... the comeback win over the Bears in Champaign in 2002. We were down 27-6 in the 2nd half, but we ended up coming back to win 33-30. David Patten's touchdown catch in the back of the endzone to take the lead was the best play. The is one of my favorite games of the BB era.

Yea- Soldiers Field was under construction so they played at U. Illinois that season. There was also a controversial pick that the Bears thought locked up the game until it was reversed with replay.

To add another game, what about the Minny game in when Bledsoe went 45 for 70 (both records) and they came all the way back to win. Amazing game.

SB 36
SB 38
SB 39
AFC championship 2001
2002 first game ever at Gillete and first banner game.

Gotta have the Super Bowl wins and the win vs the Steelers that year was amazing. Drew and his return to behind center. Not to mention it was the spring board to the Dynasty.

And that first banner game was so amazing though I dont know if a DVD would do it justice. I still think that was the loudest Gillete has ever been and man was that one special day. We were champs and being recognized for it and we were fans who once were nomads and then we were in a house made of straw and to finally be in a state of the are facility and have the hardware to adorn it was really probably the most special regular season game of my life.

You nailed - your description of first Gillette game is dead nuts on....from Dennis Hopper, to the crowd we were lucky enough to attend with, to Brady leading them out for a celebatory lap, a classic Bob Kraft speech, simply an amazing night.

The only change I make is out goes 2001 Championship game in IN comes Snowbowl / Raiders.

Well I wouldn't bother taking any tapes because tapes don't play on a DVD player. But I would take these DVDs :D

1. Pats @ Miami last year, including post game "I was at the game" conference by BB
2. Superbowl XXXVIII (Best SB Ever)
3. The Snow Bowl (Hell of a way to send off Foxboro Stadium)
4. I can't remember the year, but the Colts playoff game @ Foxboro where we got a safety because the snap went over the punter's head, and we intercepted Peymeaton every third throw or so.
5. The game against the Phish where Tedy int'd and slide stepped into the end zone.

Well, I like this thread / idea and I want to put in my contribution, but of course it will be Jets games.

Obviously its going to have to be games you personally witnessed and I'm going to take it a step further and make sure its games I was in attendance for.

1. 2000 Monday Night Miracle vs Miami -- Best comeback ever and my father and friend made me stay.
2. 1997 23-22 win over Oakland (first home win for the Jets since 1995) -- My first home win I was able to witness as a Jets season ticket holder.
3. 2007 vs Pittsburgh -- Kellen Clemens' (my boy) 1st career win in our stadium with 60% Steeler fans (as pathetic as that sounds). Stole a handful of Terrible Towels out of drunk Steeler fans pockets my friends and I did and was a mini revenge for 2004.
4. 1998 AFC Divisional vs Jacksonville -- My 1st playoff game.
5. 2008 @ New England -- Just a great time. My 4th trip to Foxboro (I go every year 2006 present --went to both games in 06) and a great game. Great game.

Last edited:
I didn't want to start a thread bout it, so I'm throwing it in here. Here is me and 2x Patriot Champion Kenny Walter the night before the Jets-Pats 06 Playoff game, we're outside the Pickadelli??? Pub somewhere near the stadium, right next to our hotel. And yes I'm wearing his Super Bowl rings.

l_3753275e55740498b5f2e0524f82b44c.jpg

Well, I like this thread / idea and I want to put in my contribution, but of course it will be Jets games.

Obviously its going to have to be games you personally witnessed and I'm going to take it a step further and make sure its games I was in attendance for.

1. 2000 Monday Night Miracle vs Miami -- Best comeback ever and my father and friend made me stay.
2. 1997 23-22 win over Oakland (first home win for the Jets since 1995) -- My first home win I was able to witness as a Jets season ticket holder.
3. 2007 vs Pittsburgh -- Kellen Clemens' (my boy) 1st career win in our stadium with 60% Steeler fans (as pathetic as that sounds). Stole a handful of Terrible Towels out of drunk Steeler fans pockets my friends and I did and was a mini revenge for 2004.
4. 1998 AFC Divisional vs Jacksonville -- My 1st playoff game.
5. 2008 @ New England -- Just a great time. My 4th trip to Foxboro (I go every year 2006 present --went to both games in 06) and a great game. Great game.
May you get hit with a tsunaimi before you get to enjoy #5 ;)

The Matt Walsh Sideline Tapes, Cheerleader Files, Volumes 3-8

What good would a DVD player be if I was given that and some tapes? Either give me a VCR and tapes or DVDs and a player. A DVD player and 5 tapes is as useful as tits on a bull.

Last edited:
A few regular-season games for my list:

2001 at NYJ: Came back in the second half to silence the crowd vs. the team that thought they'd knocked out the Pats for the season. Had the pleasure of being there. :)

2007 at Baltimore: Got to be the last time that a game-winning drive will be saved by a last-second timeout from the other team and a false start penalty. Plus, Don "All-Class" Shula was in the MNF booth.

2008 at Buffalo: Crazy winds, crazy-good coaching. Epitomized this team and what they did all year to win. Hope the NFL comes out with a 2008 highlight film for the Pats. I know I'd buy it.

My list:

1. 11/24/91 - 16-13 win vs. Buffalo - First game I attended.

2. 12/27/92 - 16-13 OT loss to Miami - As a reminder of how inept this franchise used to be.

3. 11/13/94 - 26-20 OT win vs. the Vikings - Drew's 45 of 70 game. I forget if it was TV related or personal reasons, but I wasn't able to watch this game.

4. 1/19/02 - Snow Bowl - To contrast #2 and show how far the team had come.

5. 2/3/02 - SB 36 - "Tonight, a dynasty is born"

I would go with :
1993 week 18 vs Dolphins (OT) : first entertaining game in a long time at that time...
1994 week 17 at Bills : Pats got closer to their 1st playoff game in 8 years by beating the Bills 41-17...it also ended the Bills 4 years run as AFC Champs
1996 week 17 at Giants : 22-0 comeback to get the playoff bye
2001 divisional playoff vs Raiders : need I say more ?
2007 week 17 at Giants : great comeback to complete first 16-0 season. Brady gets his 50th TD, Moss his 23rd

Sure, winning the Super Bowl was great, but watching a game knowing the result it's not the same thing as looking at the game live. That's why I selected more regular season games instead, games with more entertainment value. SB38 might make it if the list was extended to 10 games

What good does a solar powered DVD player do you if you don't have a solar powered TV?

ok, ok. solar powered everything.

OK then. How about a solar powered video database with every Patriot game ever played? And some Colts losses for good measure?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes