PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

marlin jackson talks of winning in the afc champ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: marlin jackson talks of winning int in afc champ

No, see, that WAS payback for 03 and 04.:D

And let me tell you, it was sweet.:cool:

If only it wasn't tarnished by the fact that the Colts couldn't do it against a full strength Pats team.... And they only were able to make it happen against an exhausted, flu ridden defense with a number of fluke injuries to key players.

If only it wasn't tarnished by the fact that the Colts couldn't do it against a full strength Pats team.... And they only were able to make it happen against an exhausted, flu ridden defense with a number of fluke injuries to key players.

Can we stop banging that drum?

I sure as hell hope so. Some of us sound like old Colt fans.

I think it's water under the bridge by now. We just need to move on and look towards the 2007 season. I seriously doubt people would feel things where tarnished if the situation was reversed. How many here would say Lombardi number 4 just didn't feel right if Manning was out for the Colts and we won it all?

Last edited:

How many here would say Lombardi number 4 just didn't feel right if Manning was out for the Colts and we won it all?

You can bet Colts fans would be saying it. Same way NE fans have to hear about the tuck rule every time the 2001 season is discussed.

Hell, the Colts fans *****ed for years about how NE was molesting their receivers, and how that tarnished our victories over them in the '03 and '04 seasons. And that was when both squads were competing head to head with (for the most part) all their available talent.

You can bet Colts fans would be saying it. Same way NE fans have to hear about the tuck rule every time the 2001 season is discussed.

Hell, the Colts fans *****ed for years about how NE was molesting their receivers, and how that tarnished our victories over them in the '03 and '04 seasons. And that was when both squads were competing head to head with (for the most part) all their available talent.

I mean, when one team so blatently breaks the rules and is given a pass for a certain game that the rules are immediately changed (or should a say "re-emphasized" the next year, that says something.....but hell, thats old news now

Last edited:

I mean, when one team so blatently breaks the rules and is given a pass for a certain game that the rules are immediately changed (or should a say "re-emphasized" the next year, that says something.....but hell, thats old news now
Now there you go proving his point! I for one will make no excuses for the Pats in the AFCCG. The botom line was that we couldn't get it done and the best team won. Period! Now it's a new season and while the Pats really did improve quite a bit in the offseason, Colts fans are wearing rose-colored glasses drinking koolaid and saying how all these younger guys and a few solid draft picks will step in and defend the title. Please...keep telling yourselves that because not only will the Pats pound the Colts on Nov. 4, but I seriously have doubts about the Colts being able to defend their regular season AFC South title!:eek: :D

Thanks for proving my point. :rocker: :rocker:

so what he rembers geting a INT off a hall of fame QB to win the game i would rember that for the rest of my life he can tell hes grand kids he did not say im going to do it again or the pats suck let him have hes day in pace lol

Wahh, wahh, wahh...........

The Colt's were without several starters themselves you know. Corey Simon, Montae Reagor, Brandon Stokely, Mike Doss, plus Nick Harper got hurt during the game. Add to all that the fact that the Colt's played a pretty darn physical team themselves the week before in the Ravens and the flu-ridden, fluke injury, exhausted excuse gets even lamer.:rolleyes:

The Colt's were without several starters themselves you know. Corey Simon, Montae Reagor, Brandon Stokely, Mike Doss, plus Nick Harper got hurt during the game. Add to all that the fact that the Colt's played a pretty darn physical team themselves the week before in the Ravens and the flu-ridden, fluke injury, exhausted excuse gets even lamer.:rolleyes:

The truth hurts.... The evidence is in the ass-kicking the Pats were delivering in the first half, while they were still relatively healthy.

simon didnt play all year. doss missed just about all season and he got outplayed by Bethea

Stokley was not a starter

simon didnt play all year. doss missed just about all season and he got outplayed by Bethea

Stokley was not a starter

Stokley was a starter, when he wasn't hurt.

The truth hurts.... The evidence is in the ass-kicking the Pats were delivering in the first half, while they were still relatively healthy.

Ok. It's official. The New England Patriots are 2006 AFC 1st Half Champions. Feel better?

Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes