PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

marlin jackson talks of winning in the afc champ

Status
Not open for further replies.

patsfan55

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
remember the bad times...so the good times are that much sweeter:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/colum...li_len&id=2875837&lpos=spotlight&lid=tab2pos1

Jackson sealed a remarkable comeback win over New England in the AFC Championship Game with a last-minute interception of Tom Brady. Hayden clinched the Super Bowl win over Chicago with an acrobatic interception and 56-yard return for a touchdown.

For Jackson, the memory of his steal off Brady remains a positive reinforcement. Standing by his locker stall Friday, Jackson revisited the moment, recalling the exact formation in which the Pats aligned (triple receivers to his side of the field), the intended receiver (tight end Benjamin Watson), the route he ran (a short hook inside the seams) and the jump he himself got on the ball (blistering).

"I'm hoping there are more where that one came from," said Jackson of the interception that catapulted the Colts into the Super Bowl. "I'm pretty confident there will be."

Re: marlin jackson talks of winning int in afc champ

For good or for ill he'll get his chances, having inherited a starting corner spot.

F*ck him, payback's a b!tch.

Hey Marlin Jackson: Good luck guarding Randy Moss or Stallworth! Pick your poison.

Let him have his 15 minutes. For his sake and the Colts sake at least he didn't try to run the ball back as far as he could with a potential fumble and Pats recovery in Colt territory. There will come a day in early November when that will be the farthest thing from his mind as he is getting ripped on the Colt sideline for his 3 blown coverages that led to eventual Pat TD's. All he will be able to verbalize to his position coach and Def. coordinator is "It's impossible to cover those guys with Brady throwing them the ball."

Hey. Anybody else notice that a Marlon McCree interception pretty much did in the Bolts, because he tried to run with it and got stripped, whereas a Marlin Jackson interception did in the Pats, because he secured the ball and, to coin a phrase, "acted like he'd been there?"

Of course, this year both Marl'ns are going to be fish out of water, which is pretty much how we like our Fish round these parts. (Hiya Aqua!)

PFnV

I ******* hate the Colts.

that stings.

The best thing about sports is that you always have a chance to turn the tables. See you in Indy *****!

i was actually hoping marlin jackson fell to us that yr
he of course didnt, and we picked mankins...i cant complain

i was actually hoping marlin jackson fell to us that yr
he of course didnt, and we picked mankins...i cant complain

I don't think Colts fans have exactly been thrilled with what he has brought so far.

He's bounced between corner and safety but looks to be a corner this year after their recent departures.

the season can't start soon enough

I don't think Colts fans have exactly been thrilled with what he has brought so far.

He's bounced between corner and safety but looks to be a corner this year after their recent departures.

I think everyone is pretty happy with him. He played both corner and safety due to all of the injuries in the Colts secondary last year.

Saying the Colts aren't happy with Marlin Jackson is like saying the Broncos aren't happy with Domonique Foxworth, because they traded for Dré Bly.

I never said they weren't happy with him. Just that many Colts fans I have talked to are still waiting for him to break out into a top player on that defense, and prove that he is more than jus a solid player.

And I don't get the Foxworth thing cuz obviously there are different expectations for a first round player vs. a third round player.

Last edited:

F*ck him, payback's a b!tch.

No, see, that WAS payback for 03 and 04.:D

And let me tell you, it was sweet.:cool:

Last edited:

No, see, that WAS payback for 03 and 04.:D

And let me tell you, it was sweet.:cool:

You got your payback...now we get ours!

Status
Not open for further replies.