PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Market Value ~ Who Are The Best Judges??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Off The Grid

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
I'm soliciting your expert opinions, gentlemen. :D

I'm looking for opinions regarding The Best Judges of Market Value.

This is obviously an extremely sketchy Proposition: We're talking about placing an approximate "Stock Market Price" on the Prospects of a given draft ~ where they'd be selected if the Draft were held, today. And anyone who hazards any such guess is doing so not only in the face of complete ignorance of how the 32 teams value each player...but indeed in the face of deliberate Obfuscation, HornSwoggling, and general BamBoozling!! :eek:

...A tricky Proposition, indeed.
39.gif

Me, I like to take an unofficial Composite of Walter and Columbia BroadCasting: Walter's Mock and CBS's Rankings. I find Walter more accurate ~ which is to expected, of course, as they're Mocking, not Ranking ~ but like to keep Columbia in the loop, as there's are far more comprehensive, and as they seem, in fact, to go a long way towards reflecting my own sens of the Market Place.

Any thoughts, gents?
39.gif

People who post on the internet, naturally.

This is obviously an extremely sketchy Proposition: We're talking about placing an approximate "Stock Market Price" on the Prospects of a given draft ~ where they'd be selected if the Draft were held, today. And anyone who hazards any such guess is doing so not only in the face of complete ignorance of how the 32 teams value each player...but indeed in the face of deliberate Obfuscation, HornSwoggling, and general BamBoozling!! :eek:

39.gif

Me, I like to take an unofficial Composite of Walter and Columbia BroadCasting: Walter's Mock and CBS's Rankings. I find Walter more accurate ~ which is to expected, of course, as they're Mocking, not Ranking ~ but like to keep Columbia in the loop, as there's are far more comprehensive, and as they seem, in fact, to go a long way towards reflecting my own sens of the Market Place.

Any thoughts, gents?
39.gif

Has anyone ever done comparisons to how mocks stack up to the draft?

39.gif

Any thoughts, gents?
39.gif

I use a combination of CBS and Tony Pauline at Draft Insiders. Pauline seems to have some good contacts. He has all the prospects ranked by position and projected round.

I use a combination of CBS and Tony Pauline at Draft Insiders. Pauline seems to have some good contacts. He has all the prospects ranked by position and projected round.

Yet somehow Fleming was ranked 92nd pre-combine at CBS, had a great combine, and is now listed at 122. I wonder about CBS sometimes.

Ah!! Pauline...VERY interesting answer!!
39.gif

I'm fully aware of Draft InSider, of course ~ might've been the first such Site I ever found, in fact ~ and I'm not too big a fan of their Scouting...But I've always been a fan of Tony Pauline, not as an Analyst, but as a exceptional Reporter.

I've always been mystified as to who does the actual Reports, too: Pauline, himself ~ who's also with Sports Illustrated, as most here know, I'm sure ~ or Brett Sobleski ~ "SoboDog" or whatever HIDEOUS appellation he goes by at Brown Town!!
jester.gif

I like them both ~ Brother Sobleski is a MAJOR advocate of Grizzlies!! :D

GREAT answer, Brother Manx!! THANK you!!
beer.gif

Yet somehow Fleming was ranked 92nd pre-combine at CBS, had a great combine, and is now listed at 122. I wonder about CBS sometimes.

They do have some blindspots. They never climbed aboard the Joe adams banwagon earlier and Marvin Jones is #123. It's why I can't use them for my mocks as much as I'd like Fleming/Jones to be available down there.

The test for how good CBS is will be Bobby Wagner. They were high on him as a second rounder way ahead of anyone else. If he goes 2nd round, that's a feather in their cap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes