PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Marcus Cannon

Status
Not open for further replies.
the potential has always been there even though it was interrupted by sickness

04/04/2011 - Top offensive linemen: 6. Marcus Cannon, TCU, 6-5, 358, 2, Cannon doesn't have the physique of a player TCU teammates would quickly identify as one of the best athletes on the team, but he can scoot once he gets moving. If draft grades were assigned based on weight-room numbers, Cannon would be first in line. He owns several program records for power lifts and his natural strength is evident when he gets his hands on defenders. Cannon's weight gives some potential investors pause, but he has been durable and has the frame and game to warrant a first-round pick if a team gives him a year to grow within the structure of an NFL offense. Scouts have said he must become more assignment-sound, but he's naturally athletic for his incredible size and won't be easy to overlook. His future is likely at right tackle. At worst, he's a candidate to be the next Leonard Davis, a college tackle who converts to guard and dominates with his sheer size, mass and overwhelming strength. - Jeff Reynolds, The Sports Xchange

I am glad for him that things appear to be working so well........he was tested as a young man and overcame that.......all-pro would be nice

Cannon's extension was one of the least popular contracts I can remember. Now it looks like an incredibly savvy move. May the Collins trade take the same path!

lined up for a couple of years of beasty play on the right side with him and mason......in fact, the entire unit could be stable for a couple of years.....with Scar, this unit is pretty limitless.......big on the tackles and athletic on the interiror

Cannon's extension was one of the least popular contracts I can remember. Now it looks like an incredibly savvy move. May the Collins trade take the same path!
And this is the last year of that extension. Can't wait for all the moaning if he leaves now ;)

(seriously, Cannon has become an under talked about significant UFA).

I know some of you won't go to ESPN, so I'll try to summarize the following link, but Reiss has a nice piece up about how Scar has helped Cannon use his arm length. Instead of letting players get into his body, Scar has preached extending the arms and controlling the defensive player. He had some high praise for Cannon's coachability and hard work. Neat insight into the process.

Change in style of play has sparked OT Marcus Cannon's turnaround

I know some of you won't go to ESPN, so I'll try to summarize the following link, but Reiss has a nice piece up about how Scar has helped Cannon use his arm length. Instead of letting players get into his body, Scar has preached extending the arms and controlling the defensive player. He had some high praise for Cannon's coachability and hard work. Neat insight into the process.

Change in style of play has sparked OT Marcus Cannon's turnaround

This is why Scar is Scar and Googs is Googs.

This is Scar working his magic.

The article brought out how Cannon has long arms and that he wasn't using them to his advantage under Googs.:rolleyes: Now Scar has reminded him of that and now he's a good player a remarkable turn around. Cannon now looks like Bruce Armstrong in pass protection can't believe my own eyes.:eek:

Shortly after the AFCCG loss we talked in one of those OL threads about how Cannon was pretty good under Scar in 2013 and then gradually fell apart when Scar left up to the point where he became that much maligned turnstile of last year.

It really goes to show how Googs' was simply a bad fit for the slate of players we had. Especially after we lost most of the solid veterans (Connelly and Wendell) and he had to work with rookies and players that had technique issues. Not saying he is a bad coach but I think he was simply unfit to work with the kind of OL players we have been drafting.

The "Genius of Scar" mantra doesn't mesh so well last week given the semi beating Brady took forcing him into Wheels Brady mode....but yes....Cannon was not the reason Brady was getting popped every other pass.
Maybe Buffalo's pass rush looked so lethal to me was because NE's pass rush looked so feeble. No genius work on that side of the ball....just trades

Brady was getting popped every other pass.
Maybe Buffalo's pass rush looked so lethal to me was because NE's pass rush looked so feeble

Brady was pressured on 28% of drop backs

Taylor was pressured on 43% of his drop backs

But I get it trolls gotta troll. But continue to think Brady getting sacked 4 times because of coverage meant the OL was bad and that because the Pats defense missed 3-4 sacks because of Taylor scrambling out of it meant the pass rush was "feeble". Helps make you look clueless.

The "Genius of Scar" mantra doesn't mesh so well last week given the semi beating Brady took forcing him into Wheels Brady mode....but yes....Cannon was not the reason Brady was getting popped every other pass.
Maybe Buffalo's pass rush looked so lethal to me was because NE's pass rush looked so feeble. No genius work on that side of the ball....just trades

I love when you come here and show your true colors, Ron. You should be happy your Raiders are playing well, but no, you come here and take shots. Why don't you go write an article about how there's nothing wrong with stomping puppies and kittens. No? No? Oh, right, nobody else has written that first.

Brady was pressured on 28% of drop backs

Taylor was pressured on 43% of his drop backs

But I get it trolls gotta troll. But continue to think Brady getting sacked 4 times because of coverage meant the OL was bad and that because the Pats defense missed 3-4 sacks because of Taylor scrambling out of it meant the pass rush was "feeble". Helps make you look clueless.

The defense hasn't had much trouble pressuring the QB when they've actually attempted to do so. This backs up the statement:

Total Team Defensive Hurries: 2016 NFL Season

#4 in total team defensive hurries.

With Solder and Vollmer starting, I can understand the unenthusiasm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents